Pet day clothes working

Post anything new on Neopets here.
daisybell

Pet day clothes working

Post by daisybell »

I know not everyone is going to be excited about this- and I think even those of us who are feeling more positive (or possibly just less negative) aren't that sure whether the clothing is going to be worth it or not. Anyway, some of it at least is working. Apparently the krawk day clothes also work, as do the hat day hats, even though they were pre-revamp pet days.

I've only seen one full outfit, a hero lupe:

The quality of the art is nice- I think it might work better on a more basic coloured lupe, though. The clothing fits properly, too. Otherwise, I'm not sure yet...

I would like to see a fully dressed hissi in traditional shenkuu costume most of all, I think. There are petpages here and here which have lists of the wearable clothes right now, including some which can be worn by more than one species.

Overall, I'm still sitting on the fence because it's too early to tell yet. However, if done well the pet day clothing sets could become almost a paint job in themselves, only they will be able to be removed and sold on if you decide something else suits your pet more.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think it's quite nice to have a possible Hero Lupe, Shenkuu Hissi and such, that Lupe looks alright, but my problem is that most of the clothes appears to be between about r85 and r99 which is sad because it means the clothes is probably going to be much harder to obtain, it wont be like the other old clothes and become cheap anyway, these will actually be UB for a while in my opinion, which kinda says to me that this clothing thing isn't as easily accessible to the whole of Neopia as I thought, people that are slow NP earners wont really want to pay 100K+ for something like a Lupe Hero Mask, which is only part of the outift.

Of course this whole post is full of assumptions, I haven't price checked any yet, and it's still early days. But still, lower rarities on these would make me happy, or even better stock them all in a Fyoras Tower like place, where there is a limitless amount in stock.

ETA: Sold some stocks recently, now Shalilly has a random hat on.

Now all I need is a dress
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

It's great to see that the clothes are finally working.

But after seeing those petpages, I'm really dismayed to notice that all of the clothes have high rarities. :?
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

grrrr... yes it's nice that they work, and I'm sorry to harp on, but they look, excuse me, <i>RIDICULOUS</i>. When I was small, I once tried to dress my (very patient) pet cat in doll clothes. That looked silly too.

Pets in clothes: tricky at all times. Particularly now they're all pretty much quad again. I just don't like that pets on the site are suddenly all auditioning for <a href="http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=dog ... tle">those really classy Poker Dogs paintings</a>. ARRRGH!

*grits teeth*

...it's good that they work at last. Really.
EofS

Post by EofS »

adi_gallia wrote:which kinda says to me that this clothing thing isn't as easily accessible to the whole of Neopia as I thought, people that are slow NP earners wont really want to pay 100K+ for something like a Lupe Hero Mask, which is only part of the outift.
It's as accessible as pbs like royal or island or pirate which add clothing/accessories to your pet but come at a high price. The difference being that you can sell this back if you get bored of it, and you only have to buy the parts you like. And you can pick whichever base colour you want to go underneath them.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other outfits - typical that the one which showed up first should be the one to interest me least ;0) I'd be interested in getting my hands on one or two of those rucksacks for my pets.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

r90+ for clothes is NOT that high.

Shocking, isn't it.

They're all going to drop buyable really quickly.

EDIT : The Edna Hat is 250K and r92. Which is...not that bad, for a r92 item.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Most of the clothes are high rarity, however, they aren't one use items. Sure, they're expensive now but the price should drop- they're just in high demand now because they're new and people want them. When the novelty of recent clothing wears off, they'll get cheaper as people take them off pets for other clothing.

Also, take a look at petpets in the region of r90 to r92. They're similar to clothing in that they can be added to pets and removed, although there are more "penalties" for removing them (loss of PPL award and potential for avatar). The prices vary a lot, and depend on factors other than restocking in main shops (Tarla, mainly) but many are buyable. And if some clothes aren't, well, it's no more than a paint brush like island being unbuyable in some ways. I do think it would be good if there were some cheaper basic clothing items, but because everything's new it's expensive, as it is in any online game's economy.
Neopets wishlists: here
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

daisybell wrote:Most of the clothes are high rarity, however, they aren't one use items. Sure, they're expensive now but the price should drop- they're just in high demand now because they're new and people want them. When the novelty of recent clothing wears off, they'll get cheaper as people take them off pets for other clothing.

Also, take a look at petpets in the region of r90 to r92. They're similar to clothing in that they can be added to pets and removed, although there are more "penalties" for removing them (loss of PPL award and potential for avatar). The prices vary a lot, and depend on factors other than restocking in main shops (Tarla, mainly) but many are buyable. And if some clothes aren't, well, it's no more than a paint brush like island being unbuyable in some ways. I do think it would be good if there were some cheaper basic clothing items, but because everything's new it's expensive, as it is in any online game's economy.
Totally seconded.

I'd be tons more worried if clothes were above r95, not under it. r90 to r95 items stock quite often, especially in clothes.

Unpopular or limited species, such as both of the Hissi sets, won't go as high as the Lupe set right now.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Has anyone seen the Black derby hat being worn? My only Neopet that I'd actually like to put in clothing needs a hat (brown, but black might do) and a magnifying glass (and possibly a coat). Of course, this hat doesn't go on yurbles yet, but I'm still curious to see what it looks like.

EDIT: Actually, the Kougra Adventurer Hat is pretty much exactly what I want. But I want my yurble to wear it. So...yeah.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Although I appreciate that TNT are probably working really hard on this, it's a shame that certain clothes fit only certain species. It would be nice to have some fairly inexpensive clothes like, say, coloured collars with differently-shaped discs, that could be given to any pet. Otherwise, I'm looking at maybe never getting anything to wear around Silver's neck at all, since he's a Baby Lupe (and thus smaller than the average pet, now. WHY did they do that?)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:(and thus smaller than the average pet, now. WHY did they do that?)
Because babies are smaller than the average grown-up being?
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Well I just bought a Traditional Shenkuu Hissi Tail Covering (which are buyable on the shop wizard) and it's not working. There's no option to put it in my closet. So I stuck it back in my shop, as it's sure to come down in price even more, and I don't think I want to cover up my ice hissi. It's ice after all. Maybe I will try some krawk stuff on my side. But I want to see the Shenkuu hissi really. :(
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Adi, your Elephante is rather adorable. It gives off a Miss Daisy feel, which I think is cute.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Qhissi is AWESOME, although I think the clothes would look better on a darker coloured Hissi.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Lakoji isn't too bad, although I think it would look better on a different colored Krawk. Even though Krawley was blue, I think the clothing would look nice on a pet with more... muted colours.

I also love the newsboy hat, although, ironically enough, my Mutant Usul cannot wear the hat because it is a redraw. I would like it on my Blumaroo, though =D
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Iggy wrote:
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:(and thus smaller than the average pet, now. WHY did they do that?)
But it's going to make it IMPOSSIBLE to get a good range of clothes for Shari or Silver, unless I repaint them. The only other colour I ever considered for Shari was Faerie, which doesn't look so good now and might still have difficulty given the wings. Given that the 'Vamp was done mainly so that Neopets could have a chance to wear clothes, it seems slightly counter-intuitive.

Also, it makes them even harder to see.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Iggy wrote:
Well, yes, but that's so they can squeeze through mommy's va-jj when they come out, and since there is no talk of va-jjs, mommy's or otherwise, on Neo, it seems they're being a bit pedantic if that's the actual reason. /Grey's Anatomy geek>

I don't mind it terribly myself, since I will never ever put clothes on a pet, and will never, God and Boochi willing, own another baby pet aside from Xsceena. And since she's so small now, she's quite hard to see, and since I think she's been hideously ugly since she was zapped, it pleases me for her to be hard to see now. I mind her less, while I cast about for something else to make her, since now she'll never ever look like she did before Boochi nuked her. And since whatever I decide on needs to match a Trunkard and Moach, and not make me want to claw my eyes out when I see it, this could take a minute. So it's good she's teenytiny. :P

I did find one rainbow in this cesspool; I was able to take that stupid blue bow out of her head. Better now. Only marginally, mind, but better now.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.