Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Illuen wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote:
Actually, it says it expands vertically as it travels. It moves horizontally, but as it goes forward, it expands upwards and downwards, which is why it's best to be in the middle of the edge of the screen as launching it.
Well, that makes logical sense. That's what happens when I post updates at 5 in the morning. xD

Why does Mario get one of the best Final Smashes, anyways? He's already one of the cheapest characters ever. >.>;;

Wait, what? We know of exactly ONE of the Final Smashes, Mario's. For all we know, his is the worst.
Eh, doubt it. Two fireballs, shooting across the screen and pwning everything? Doubt it. I think Pichu's is going to be the worst - watch, his Final Smash will add 30% to his health or something...
Illuen wrote: As for your second remark, of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I never felt that Mario was half as powerful as some other characters (Link, Falcon?).
Playing against a computer character Mario is more of a pain in the butt than usual (even more so than Captain Falcon). Thus, he is cheap-as-hell. :P Though nobody uses him. Samus is almost as cheap 'cause she can snipe from across the field without the benefit of items.
Illuen wrote: You've mentioned earlier that:
And, of course, since Mario to Nintendo is OMGTEHAWESOMENESS, he is the first to get a Final Smash entry.
Which is a bit of a 'duh' to me. Mario = Nintendo's flagship character, their mascot. Of course they're going to pimp the hell out of him.
Uh, yeah...
Illuen wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't get the intense bitterness for Mario.
Bitterness? Nah. Just a little bit of jealousy, that's all. He has evil throw attacks, that uber-nice tornado attack, and a weapon that can turn opponents around. His fireballs suck, though.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Silverevilchao wrote:
Illuen wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote: Well, that makes logical sense. That's what happens when I post updates at 5 in the morning. xD

Why does Mario get one of the best Final Smashes, anyways? He's already one of the cheapest characters ever. >.>;;

Wait, what? We know of exactly ONE of the Final Smashes, Mario's. For all we know, his is the worst.
Eh, doubt it. Two fireballs, shooting across the screen and pwning everything? Doubt it. I think Pichu's is going to be the worst - watch, his Final Smash will add 30% to his health or something...
I didn't realize we had confirmation of Pichu in Brawl. I stand by my statement though: we have no idea what the other Final Smash moves do, and I think it is downright ignorant to proclaim one "best", when we only have information on one of them.
Silverevilchao wrote:
Illuen wrote: As for your second remark, of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I never felt that Mario was half as powerful as some other characters (Link, Falcon?).
Playing against a computer character Mario is more of a pain in the butt than usual (even more so than Captain Falcon). Thus, he is cheap-as-hell. :P Though nobody uses him. Samus is almost as cheap 'cause she can snipe from across the field without the benefit of items.
Of course, this is totally dependent on the person involved, and who they have difficulties beating, but I never found any of Mario's moves to be "cheap-as-hell". If you don't mind me asking, what part of facing a NPC Mario is it that gives you such difficulties?
Silverevilchao wrote:
Illuen wrote: You've mentioned earlier that:
And, of course, since Mario to Nintendo is OMGTEHAWESOMENESS, he is the first to get a Final Smash entry.
Which is a bit of a 'duh' to me. Mario = Nintendo's flagship character, their mascot. Of course they're going to pimp the hell out of him.
Uh, yeah...
Uh, yeah =D. Mario IS Nintendo, in some ways. You think Nintendo, you think Mario. it makes absolutely perfect sense to me that they dote on Mario, compared to others. It would make absolutely no sense, for example, for Nintendo to get their panties in a twist and psych up Sonic for example, as he was, for the longest time, the mascot for the "enemy" company. Hell, even promoting someone like Star Fox, who is a Nintendo exclusive seems like an odd move, when they could say "Mario is our flagship series, we're going to be more liberal with information about him, as it is obvious that we will not exclude him from this game".
Silverevilchao wrote:
Illuen wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't get the intense bitterness for Mario.
Bitterness? Nah. Just a little bit of jealousy, that's all. He has evil throw attacks, that uber-nice tornado attack, and a weapon that can turn opponents around. His fireballs suck, though.
This, of course, is totally subjective, and I can only comment on my views in the matter. I don't think that Mario is half as "hard" so to speak as a well AI'd Link, or Samus, or Pikachu, or any other character. I think they achieved a good balance in his moves, as they did with all characters.

I guess I'm just not seeing where you're coming from, with Mario being so strong.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

I never particularly had problems fighting Mario, though I guess different playing styles may have different opponents who are easier/more difficult.
Mario certainly isn't top tier though, for those who follow those sorts of things.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Mario, good man. Good man. In Smash Bros. he's an okay opponent. I, myself, think on all settings he's pretty average. Now Falco... Oi.
In news today, we get a rendition of the ending theme of Yoshi's Story. Pretty unremarkable. Just a more acoustic version of the original. Then, near the end, with the "Eee aaaah oooohhh.... Eee aaaah oooohhh...." I got a little nostalgia. It's so adorable, and so memorable... *sniff* I wonder when that'll be played? Yoshi's ending in one-player? Seems likely, though a bit short for all the credits they need to play. Multi-player victory? Too long for that. On the stage itself? Maybe they add something where if the stage's own character's playing on it, they get a special ending? Who knows?
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I feel like a moron for not posting the last two updates. I HATE YOU FINALS! Oddly enough, today's update consists of not one, but TWO articles.

Oh, and a word before these updates: If you hate Poke'mon, leave now.

Today's Uber-Late Update, Part 1:

GROUDON! Burnination is at hand! One of my most favorite Poke'mon ever. Just as it should be, this ground Godzilla is freaking huge. It walks across the field after being sent out, burning ANYBODY who touches it. Kinda like Moltres last game, except that it isn't a 1-hit KO and that it is waaaay more effective. Good thing the player that sends it out doesn't get hurt.

Groudon Update

Today's Uber Late Update, Part 2:

Somebody made a booboo and released the Groudon article before the Poke'Ball article! Well, anyways, the Poke'Balls function just about exactly the same as they did last game: throw one, possibly hit someone in the head with it, and a Poke'mon comes out and totally pwns everyone, excluding yourself, unless you're unlucky and get an Electrode. The Poke'mon that comes out is random, but legendaries (who usually hurt A LOT) tend to be rarer than normal ones. So, you won't get a, say, Lugia as often as a Chikorita or a Scizor, unfortunately. That said, though, the Poke'Ball is one of my favorite items, and is up there with the Home-Run Bat and the Star Rod.

The Poke'Ball Update
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

One word. ALT898. Or ALT130.

ééééé

If you can't do it, just use a regular e. It's obnoxious to use an apostrophe like that.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Saying Poke'mon is one of the most annoying things ever. Seriously.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I'm probably wrong, but I use Alt0233. And today's news is worthless. I should hope we all know how to recover! Do a post about Sir Meta-Knight! Kirby's Final Smash! Another Pokémon entry! Tell us if Lucario or Blaziken or Meowth will be characters! Something to whet our curiousity!
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I use ctrl+alt+e.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Ah, my favourite two non-unlocked characters from Melee, Kirby and Pikachu! Pikachu has been updated to the smooth clay-ish look of PBR, and Kirby needn't change at all, not only because Kirby is immortal like Mickey Mouse but also because he hasn't had a new game in forever. I'm hoping they've changed it from Kirby becoming Mario Kirby when inhaling Mario to Kirby becoming Fire Kirby, with an all-new moveset including his Fire Charge, Fireball, Flame Shot, and standard Flame-Blow. They showed his Cook attack in the trailer, but I have a feeling that's his Final Smash attack.
Ideas for Final Smashes:
Kirby: Power Pop! He either gets Cook, Crash, or Mic ability, either causing 300% damage to a single opponent, a large amount of damage to all opponents in the blast radius, or paralyzing all enemies around, KOing ones too close.
Pikachu: Call of Brotherhood! It grabs a Master Ball and throws it down, unleashing multitudes of Pokémon dashing about the screen, obscuring it and hurting all characters around.
Meta-Knight: Send in Heavy Lobster! A huge metallic lobster comes crashing in from the side of the screen, blasting flames and smaller lobsters, then charges to the other side.
Luigi: Vaccuum Suck! The Green One pulls out the Poltergust, sucking all opponents in front of him in, and shooting them out across the screen.
Bowser: Klown Khaos! The Koopa Klown Kar komes... comes flying in from the background, and Bowser hops inside it. The player controls where it flies to, and opponents in the way get shot off the screen.
(if it hypothetically got into Super Smash Bros...) Meowth: Pay Day! Coins scatter all around Meowth in a huge circle, covering the field in a bright, shining light.
Yeah, I shouldn't think about this game too much.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

nanabobo567 wrote: Meta-Knight: Send in Heavy Lobster! A huge metallic lobster comes crashing in from the side of the screen, blasting flames and smaller lobsters, then charges to the other side.
That would be so awesome. Revenge of Meta Knight was such a fun game.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

All of Super Star was awsome. Anyone who doesn't like Kirby has never played that game.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Although today's update is to me on the crappy side, it still kinda intrigues me.

Didn't they say that Brawl wouldn't be compatible with the Wiimote? Well, it actually is, in fact it's compatible with every wii controller and gamecube controller. However, it sounds like some moves are difficult to pull off with the Wiimote.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Probably so people won't complain, "I paid *monetary value* for this controller item, and cannot use it on my favourite game! I demand a recourse!"
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Buttersauce wrote:Didn't they say that Brawl wouldn't be compatible with the Wiimote? Well, it actually is, in fact it's compatible with every wii controller and gamecube controller. However, it sounds like some moves are difficult to pull off with the Wiimote.
Well, they only said that it would be compatible with the GC controller. They never said it wouldn't be with the Wii contollers.