Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I ended with 302 wins, which isn't bad given that it was exactly two weeks in before I could win a single game at all. So all in all I'm fairly happy with how I did.

I would've thought I'd have made it to rank six by now, but once I learned how to play YooyuBall I never bothered with another of the side games. MSN literally hurt my arm if I tried playing it, and I sucked so badly at SS that I left it be as well.

*waits for TNT to get off their duffs and post the results*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Oops. It's over already? I had meant to play a few games in the finals, but I forgot.

I think I have 10 wins. I might be kicking myself when the prizes came out but... maybe not. I don't like Yooyu ball that much. :-) I'd rather wait for my stocks to go up enough to buy the prizes I want...
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I believe rank 6 was 350 points Kamil. :(
Yooyuball
Rank
Level 5
Goals Scored 1,478
Number of Wins 263
Number of Draws 4
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 20
Make Some Noise
Games Played 472
Those are my final scores for this year, which is pretty poor because I played every day. But I could barely play 10 games a day. I was more of an MSN person, but I was still pretty bad at that. I suppose for a few days I literally played 1 game of YYB because I had a blister on my finger from a burn.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

huh, i thought i'd be able to play more tonight. oh well, i doubt i would've been able to play enough for the next level anyway. here are my stats:

You joined Team Darigan Citadel on 1st June.
Yooyuball
RankLevel 11
Goals Scored 4,655
Number of Wins 804
Number of Draws 1
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 15
Make Some Noise
Games Played 29
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Well, having awsome teamates help a lot in motivation. ;)

I miss Yooyuball now! I averaged nearly 70 games a day. I need a place at Betty Ford Clinic, now!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Aurinona wrote:I somehow got confused and kept thinking that TODAY was the last day of games, so missed my goal of 200 wins by six. Oops.
Missed my goal of 300 by 5 for exactly the same reason... drat :/
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

What a surprise. Monday's news is out and contrary to what we were told last week, we still don't know who won. :?

I wouldn't be this annoyed but for the fact that they didn't even mention it at all, let alone explain why the results are going to be released later than expected.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm annoyed, too, because they deliberately said, "The Altador Cup Committee will review all the scores and announce the new Altador Cup champions on Monday." Call me crazy, but I expected the results today... or at the very least, some kind of acknowledgement in the news that the cup is over and scores are being tallied or whatever.

It took a month for prizes and trophies to come out after last year's cup, so I guess it doesn't matter much anyway -- if this year works the same, it's not like we'll have anything to show for our efforts for a while.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

They posted the results of the cup! Late in the day but still Monday in the states. They probally had a few more details to go through before they could give anything out.

Yay! Darigan won! And many congrats to Roo Island, Shenkuu and Krawk Island. Also good job all around to every team. I know there were members on all teams that gave it there all and congrats on that! I must say I'm excited that Shenkuu did so well. They were the time I was considering on joining before I went with loyalty and stayed with Darigan. Good job to everyone all around!
I didn't put much effort into my team. Working didn't help any and when I was home I either wasn't up to playing or would just forget too. ^_^" I did put um, very little effort in but every little bit helps right? I don't expect anything good like last year, I also didn't do much last year, but ah well. It was fun just the same. And wow on some of your guys game stats, defently blow me out of the water.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Phew, I'm actually glad Roo came second. I saw a lot of people saying they wouldn't join the team again next year if we won, because they feared freeloaders -- now maybe we can make a run again next year. Congrats to Darigan and to Shenkuu!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Whee! *tosses purple confetti*

Congrats to the RI and Shenkuu players as well; amazing finishes for you guys.

And finally? Yay, no more daily YYB for another 11 months, give or take. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Second is nice..though I wonder what wouldve been the prize (If they do give out a PB) had RI won. HMMM.
Image Image
ImageImage
sureq

Post by sureq »

Blummy mps?

And they wont give out a darigan pb while its in the hidden tower would they?

Anyway, I'm glad my team came first and all that, not that I was very active at all.

But a big congrats to everyone who did actually bother ;)
ImageImage
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I didnt play much at all towards the end of June and beginning of July..was busy with other stuff. I ended at 300 YYB wins, which is nice even number!

Congrats Darigan! >: | RI will get the cup next year!
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Woo, third place!! I wish I'd been a bit better at the game so I coulda competed more, but hey, I'm proud of myself. I never got past beginner, but I improved a TON over last year (thanks to Tiel's guide!) and actually had a TON of fun this year playing.

Congrats to Darigan! And congrats to all my fellow Shenkuu teammates :D We did good!