Ice and Split Jubjubs (And Rainbow Socks)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Illuen

Ice and Split Jubjubs (And Rainbow Socks)

Post by Illuen »

First thing I notice is that they're still using the bigger images, yay! It makes me sure of the fact that it isn't a fluke, and they made them larger for our viewing pleasure.

I also know it is slightly off topic, but I must say

Those socks are the absolutely most adorable piece of clothing I've ever seen on Neopets. It makes me want a Rainbow Jubjub just so I can buy it those socks. Seriously, I LOVE these socks =D (the hoodie is cute as hell as well)

I really like how they did Split this time. The orange and the purple go well together, I think, and the eyelashes are cute. Only nitpick I have about it is that perhaps a different color for the eyes rather than blue next time (perhaps the purple side have an orange eye, and the orange side a purple eye?)

I adore this one as well. It has a very natural icey look, which I think rocks. The Jubjubs pose is also tailor made for Ice, I think. it looks like one of those silly ice sculptures you see sometimes, and the look works for it. I like that even though the Jubjub's foot looks like the same basic shape as all Jubjubs, they were able to make the toes square looking. The expression on The Jubjub's face, which to me looks like a "Oh shit, I better not fall over and shatter" is priceless. The shading is rather nice, and it looks suitably ice for my likings.

All in all, a wonderful Jubjub day, I think. Clothing = Adorable, Colors = Nice, Strawberry Jubjub shopkeeper = Freaky (in a good way).

Additional Reading:
EofS's view of these pets.
Last edited by Illuen on 06 Jun 2007 01:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

I misread the title as "...and Rainbow Sucks". XD Aside from that, if I had a Jubjub I'd get the socks for it too. The colours are okay but the clothes are what I love the most.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
varii

Post by varii »

Split does nothing for me (never does) and I rather like ice. Something about the shading across the forehead seems kinda off to me, and the toes are kinda weird, but it's not bad. And I am not too fond of how unbalanced jubjubs look now, but at least the ice one has its mouth is closed.

I love the jubjub's new outfit. Like, really really. The combination of the hoodie and the socks is giving me flashbacks to watching rainbow bright.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Haha, the hood makes it look like a Kenny-Jubjub. :D

Ice is nice looking. Split.. Kinda boring, but decent.
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

The socks are awesome and the hoodie made me smile... and strangly think of a kiwi.

As for the colors, split is split. Not really much to say, orange and purple, yay? The eyebrow on the orange sides slightly bothers me, but I'm sure it would look even more awkward if it were lilac.

The ice jubjub is cute... I wouldn't lab for it, but I really like how the mouth is done with the clenched teeth. Sadly I don't really think it looks like ice... more like one of those plastic jems...
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

the hoodie made me think of Kenny from south park!! its hilarious!!! and i love the rainbow socks! i wonder what the coconut thing will look like...

the ice and spilt are both rather nice for jubjubs so i guess they are good additions. :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I have no real opinion on the colors. I'm just hoping the fact that the new colors are bigger means that one of these days they'll make the REST of our pets bigger.

The hoodie, however, is cute as all get out.
sureq

Post by sureq »

My sister has a rainbow jubjub that I want to buy the socks for her to give him, but he's a lab pet so It'll probably be short lived.

And I do like ice, they'll get more points if in customization clothed ones are transparent (not going to happen, but at least it will look better than sketch here). And"stressed out gritted teeth while trying to smile" is pretty cool.
ImageImage
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Hmm, looks like they're making some progress with new colours here.

Split is nice... The colours don't hurt my eyes or anything. Ice is pretty nice... The art is good, but... yeah. That doesn't look much like Ice to me. I like the look in the Jubjub's face though.

...The socks and the hood are adorable. x3
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
gidget

Re: Ice and Split Jubjubs (And Rainbow Socks)

Post by gidget »

I've never wanted a JubJub until now:

That is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. :D

As for the new colours...

As much as I love purple, I still can't get into split. Orange is about my least favourite favourite colour to accompany purple. So, while it's not a terrible split pet, it's still in the meh range.

The ice is quite nice, although I think they should change the name to "co-cola bottle" rather than ice. Anyway, I like the way they did the chunkiness on the feet and the cute little smile. I like.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Yay jubjubs can have a Kenny hoodie. Don't try and pretend that's not the reason it's orange.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Looks more red to me, shrugs and stuff.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I still don't like the Jubjub revamp... I love Jubjubs... Split, okay. Better than some split pets, for sure. Ice, pretty even if I don't like how furry it is. Socks, cute. Hoody, cute, even if I don't see why it would be using those pockets. How does the Jubjub get inside, anyway? Does it crawl in through the face part? Meh, good enough.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Last night I dreamed that there was one new colour and it was a carrot jubjub- a jubjub with carrots sticking out from its fur, and it wasn't good.

As for the real colours- split only serves to highlight how wonky the face is, as E said. The perspective looks very off, especially around the eyes. As much as I love that shade of lavendery purple, I hate the orange, which is always going to be the case with split pets.

I find the smoothness of the fur around the edge of the jubjub somewhat at odds with the rest of the pet. Ice is a difficult one to pull off really well and this isn't really that great. The lines on the feet are sort of a nice touch, but the mouth is not. The eyes are too dark, too- quite how did the ice sculptor create that effect?

The socks are fantastic, and the hoodie is fun although a bit too silly for me to love it. It's good that we can see a preview too. The hard hat and watch are less interesting- and none of the set is really co-ordinated like other pet day items which is sort of disappointing except I'm not sure the jubjub really has the scope for more than a bodysuit plus foot accessories.
Neopets wishlists: here
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Love!

Post by hebdenhippy »

I actually really like these, I've always liked split pets, the colours are lovely and this is a particularly good example. The ice is fantastic, it really looks like an ice sculpture. And the socks... ZOMG!