8 New Galactic Pets! (Plus 2 More!)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
tallan

Post by tallan »

The Paralix and the Serpenth... guh. *drool* The Dragon is pretty darn impressive as well. As for the rest... They don't really do anything for me (though I agree that the Keeto's aura looks really good). I'm really scared everytime a new batch of Galactic pets comes out, cause I really don't need another must-have. I'm having a hard enough time coming up with a name for the one I've already decided on (Kumos). :p So these are really pretty, especially the three first mentioned, but not needed. *phew*
Luka

Post by Luka »

Paralix, Serpenth and Dragon... Do i love them... *look up to Monte*
Monte: No, no, i don't want become to one of these >____>
Help?
neopets: Lukeina
subeta: Lukensz
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

Hm... They're alright. I really only like the Dragon, and I don't like the species enough to get one.

The thing that gets me is, nearly every time something done by Chimera is posted, some sort of "anti-criticism" note is added. This time, it's a really out of place note about how some person claims to be a dragon in real life and has deemed the art anatomically correct. o_O

...and, of course, there's the sad fact that these Galactic pets (usually the ones done by Chimera, lol) tend to blow all of their species out of the water so people want revamps.

EDIT :: "We're professionals, after all. :)"
...yeeea, putting notes about how your friend says it's fine because they're delusional? Real professional.
Last edited by Xulael on 07 Jun 2007 06:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
checkers

Post by checkers »

For now, my Random pet (Zuu, He's my Hydrus/Chibi/Galactic rat) will be a Serpenth for this month until next month, I do like the Serpenths pose but the wings being black is just a bit too much for me, it looks quite dark personally I'd think they'd look a lot better the Light Blue shade or the Gold/Silver patterns shades.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Clawison and Torrey are drawn lovely - both are very crisp and detailed, and I love the way their background is done. Markings look like real gold instead of various degrees of yellow the rest of them sport.

Keeto didn't stand out for me at first but it's growing on me more and more each time I look at it - if feels deliciously solid and round, plus pose and background are lovely. I think I might morph Morea into one temporarily :)

Were paralix, dragon and serpenth done by the same artist? Art seems to have the similar muscular chunky quality. It's not unattractive though - dragon particularly works in this design.

Kanis has unusually thick outline but I for some reason I quite like him. Pose and facial expression are very endearing.

Kerubi is a disappointment for me - I have same problems with it as with dark matter one from yesterday. I usually love Rah's art (I think Rah did it, but I'm not sure) but her idea of kerubi and mine don't match.
Last edited by zebru on 06 Jun 2007 07:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The Serpenth seems too...dark? Too much black on the wings and hair. So its kind of distracting..

I got confused with the Dragon, I thought it was the Dragath at first, or whatever its called. Its left hand looks wierd, it kind of seems as if its holding its palm out to you, but then its not..?

Kerubi looks flat, not enough shading.

Other than that, they are nicely done. Yea.

I like the Paralix from this bunch.

Edit: I see now, the Dragon has wings, the normal one doesnt.
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like the serpenth and the paralix, but for the most part these are not species I'm interested in and thus there are no must-haves among them.

I'm thinking of going ahead and making my Celinox galactic this month, though.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Oh wow, I really want the Paralix, and possibly the Serpenth. I haven't been paying much attention to new stuff on Subeta lately. To sound like a complete and utter n00b.....how do you paint your pet Galactic (potion, something special?...), and what's the price range nowadays? ^^;;
Image Image
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Something bothers me about the serpenth. I cant put my finger on it, but one thing is the wings and how dark it is. They're hard to make out from the dark background...
But the others look just amazing! Especially the Clawsion. I love its got the tongue sticking out going 'nyah, nyah! You cant doo this'. And the gold fangs are adorable. :)
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

Mistress Morbid wrote:Oh wow, I really want the Paralix, and possibly the Serpenth. I haven't been paying much attention to new stuff on Subeta lately. To sound like a complete and utter n00b.....how do you paint your pet Galactic (potion, something special?...), and what's the price range nowadays? ^^;;
You can go to the Coda Caves on Atebus and dig for gems once every hour or so, or just buy them off of users (I think they all run under 100k, at least they did last month). Then, on the Coda Caves page, click the link to bless your pet, and then click on the pet you want to bless (turn Galactic). Iltallo will ask for 2-6 gems (I think it's that many?), you give them to him, your pet turns Galactic!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yes, it's actually quite cheap for a redraw color, let alone such a nice redraw color. :-)
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Hmm...

Post by hebdenhippy »

Hmm, as much of a fan of Galactic pets as I am, I have 4 :D None of these really jump out at me like a lot of the other Galactic pets do. And some of them just look really odd, I quite like the Paralix though, I still don't want any of these though, all i want to see released is the Galactic Tigrean!!!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Odd, I don't really like any of them. Maybe it's just because they're all squished together in the first post, but the furry ones all look like variations of the same pet as do the scaly ones. They also seem too dark.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I tell you, the Kerubi is SUCH a hard pet to draw. I wanted to tweak the DM again before it was released, but forgot, and now I see it again on the news page I dislike it :/ I thought i'd done ok with the galactic but apparently not!

Can you Kerubi fans give me a few pointers so I know for next time? I swear, with Chim and Jag as fellow staff members, I'm starting to feel like my art is just not up to par anymore :(
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well Rah, I'm not a very big Kerubi fan, but I know what bothers me about the Galactic one. It's quite apparent when it's put next to the Galactic Clawsion, to me the lines on the Kerubi are quite blurry or thick, I don't know. But comparing the wings on the Clawsion to the things on the Kerubi's head (antlers?) I can see that the lines on the Kerubi are so soft and the shading seems quite blurred. On the whole the Kerubi could have more 'crisp' shading than it currently does, but as it's meant to be furry I don't quite know how to deal with it, mind you the Clawsion is also a little furry and it looks alright.

Don't be so down on yourself, I don't mind the DM Kerubi, yes it could have been tweaked, but it's better than the old one. Also your Galactic Kora still remains to be one of my favourite Galactic pets, so you aren't below par as an artist, I've seen worse.

I don't think Kerubi is even the worst in this batch, but it's not my favourite. But like I said I don't think I could like Kerubi anyway, the idea of them doesn't really appeal to me anyway.