Invisible and Island Kaus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
adi_gallia

Invisible and Island Kaus

Post by adi_gallia »

ImageImage
Well, it's quite a good colour, Island that is. I thought Invisible pets had eyes now, I thought I saw one with eyes and a mouth or something, maybe they forgot.

The Island one works well, it has some nice accesories and a good colour scheme on the whole.
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

Yeah, I saw it in the news and really liked it, but the fact that both the horns and forelock are white. But anyways, it is a nice, clean, and simple.

And I think invisible pets only have eyes on their page. On lookups they show up as a white square.
sureq

Post by sureq »

Kau colours :D Okay, colour. I love it, nice colours, not overly done but if I think my kau was zapped this i'd remove the hind leg leaf-thingo.

And I think that invisible pet with the mouth was glitched up.
ImageImage
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I quite like the Island Kau, nicely done, nicer accessories, a little too much white though. The horns, tail, muzzle and hair are white, I think they could have used some other colours
koops

Post by koops »

nice that's all i can say
Bif

Post by Bif »

but the fact that both the horns and forelock are white.
THAT'S what isn't right. I saw this colour and liked it immediately but I knew something wasn't quite right about it- that's what it is, the white forelock and horns. I still think it's very soft, relaxed and islandy though.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

The invisible is beautiful, quite astounding.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I have to agree with the 'white color' thing. I think it just throws off the whole pet. A very light shade of cream would have been nice and complimented the main color more, I think.

I do like the flower though *pets it*

It's too bad that island paintbrushes are absolutely ridiculous in price; it would be nice to be able to paint pets island for cheaper to nab the accessories.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

The Invisible Kau would be so much better if accessories actually showed on it. As it is, there's a big Kau-shaped hole in the accessory.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I'm disappointed they didn't add any neat patterns to the Kau, and just left it with its basic stripes. The patterns are my favorite thing about Island.
pohatufan1

Post by pohatufan1 »

Well, the Invisible Kau is really something. In the sense that it is a thing.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I've always been a fan of the island paint jobs. Most of them look nice and tropical. The Kau is no exception. I like the fact that it has just the right amount of accessories without going overboard. The forelock being white is a nice touch as well. I hate all invisible pets as I feel they defeat the purpose of having a pet. I want to be able to look at my pets and enjoy the paint jobs they have...not stare at a white space. So...this new invisible pet does nothing for me.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The island kau is alright. I can't really say I like it. I don't like it's nose is white, just makes for to much white on it. I do like the necklace and the flowers are pretty. Wish they made the stripes tribal markings or something.
The invisable kau is, well, very invisable. Yes indeed.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Morgishmorgan

Post by Morgishmorgan »

Now, this Island Kau. I don't really have an opinion about the horns. They seem both bad and good to me. The flower is beautiful, but it doesen't seem to go with the white tuft or fur/hair. I think the hair could've been the same brown as it's eyes. The earrings looks like it's squeezing it's ear, and it doesen't really give it an 'Island' look. The mouth is white, and it could've been another color, although I can't imagine what. The necklace is nice, the claw fits well with it, very nice. The fur is a great color, so are the white stripes. I also love the little leg bracelet it has. Very cute. Now, the tail. It could've also been brown like the eyes, it doesen't look good when it's white.

The white doesen't bother me that much even though I think it needs to be changed. I like this new Island Kau.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I like the Island Kau except two things, both pointed out by others:

There's a bit too much white. I think the HORNS being brown would have made it work, as the hooves are.

Aww, no lovely tribal/swirly design instead of the basic stripes?