Pirate and Sponge Acaras

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Bacon

Pirate and Sponge Acaras

Post by Bacon »

ImageImage

Sponge: Meh, it looks more like cheese to me.

Pirate: It fits, and I love the scar on his eye, at least I think it's a scar.
potclover

Post by potclover »

I like the color of the paws on the Pirate, but I don't really understand the bandage looking things on the ears. The eye is also a little too light for my taste
Neopets//potcloverthegreat
sureq

Post by sureq »

It's about time we got some cheese pets. I like cheese.

Pirate, is nice, not overly grand but very nice.

Edit:
but I don't really understand the bandage looking things on the ears.
Me neither now that you mention it. Latest in pirate fashion?
ImageImage
varii

Post by varii »

Sureq already said it, but the first thing I thought when I saw the Sponge Acara was, 'wait, when did they release a cheese color?'

I don't like pirate at all, really. The bandages and gold ear (ears? horns?) covers don't work for me. And the coloring seems odd..like, the body reminds me of some sort of monkey or ape and the ears and eyes seem too light to belong.

I don't know, I'm glad I don't own an acara though.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ahh, so I was not the only person who thought there was a Cheese color for a moment.

The eyes on the sponge pet bother me for the same reason they do on the robot acara: they just don't seem to go with the theme of the color. If it were sponge, I'd expect the eyes to not be as distinctive and to blend in better with the skin coloring. As it stands, the eyes just look pasted on to me.

I actually like pirate (not that I'd pay 3 million + for that, but still...), but I have the same problem with the horn-like appendages that Varii mentioned. The golden caps seem to fit desert much better than they would pirate.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

That's the thing about Sponge now. It used to be sponge pets were flat, like kitchen sponges, or those little bath toys. Now, since they have to be able to wear clothing, they're not flat. Sad.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'd always wondered when they were going to get around to adding cheese pets. Nice to see they finally got off their duffs. *nods*

Pirate is . . . weird in odd ways. Like others have said the horn bandages are . . . new, although I don't necessarily hate them. I do hate the eye patch because it looks pastede on yey, but hey, now it can be yanked right off, so I don't hate it as much as I once might have.

Although! Given that the eye color is early cataract maybe I don't want the annoying eye patch yanked off as that would give us two of the strangest eye color I've seen anyone come out with. I swear to God, I've groomed a zillion dogs with cataracts whose poor eyes were exactly that color. Exactly. It's the hazy effect of the blue.

What a bizarre choice. *stares*

Other than that, it's got nice earrings and I love the gold things on the ends of the horns. If I had one of these I'd yank everything but the earrings and the horn tips off and call it good.

And then I'd make an appointment with Neo's version of an ophthalmologist.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I wish that pirate paint brushes weren't ridiculously expensive - or that the color was lab-obtainable. I absolutely LOVE the colors on Pirate, and would love to do something with it - after I take off every single accessory. The accessories on the pet is odd (cept the earrings, maybe) but the color is just lovely. Especially on the paws. *sighs*

Sponge'd look awful tasty on my cheeseburgers.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

If they would only draw some sort of extra line around the edges of the <strike>Cheese</strike> Sponge Acara, even just INSIDE the lines, it would look more like a sponge D: With the only 3D definition inside the holes, it... it's yellow swiss cheese. ._.;

That said, the colors of the Pirate Acara are verynice. The vest and shirt look particularly strange on it though, to me. Maybe Pirate PBs will go down now that they're not even remotely redraws... though, probably not. ;-;
<3
Fury

Post by Fury »

Like almost everyone else, my first thought about the Sponge Acara was "Wow, that looks like Leerdammer." It just seems too 3D to be a sponge, but I guess they had to make them that way so customizable clothes would fit. It's a shame, Sponge pets used to be pretty amusing.

I quite like the ear/horn bandages and covers on the Pirate Acara, but I think the colour of the fur seems a bit too light. Maybe it's because the scar behind the left eye is too bright, but it just irritates me a bit. Still, I'm not a fan of Acaras anyway!
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

There's nothing wrong with cheese.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Not too keen on pirate, it's alright but the little gold caps on the ear thingys look really weird. However I LOVE the cheese one, I'm obsessed with cheese and I was waiting until the day when they released a sponge pet that looked enough like cheese for me to start target zapping, this is my pet ^^
Lark

Post by Lark »

I agree that the sponge acara looks like cheese and those red eyes are sort of scary. Pirate is pretty nice but I don't really like the bandage things on the ears or the triangle eye patch.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Cheese wrote:There's nothing wrong with cheese.
Of course not, as long as that's what it's meant to be ;) Maybe they should rename the color.

I don't have much of an opinion on these. Pirate is all right, except the things on the horns are very odd. Fortunately I suppose they'd be removable with customization.

Sponge actually looks like just a furry yellow acara with holes in it (ouch) - not even cheese, to me. I suppose sponge pets have always been a mixed bag, but this doesn't look good at all.
Signature by Tom
Morgishmorgan

Post by Morgishmorgan »

At first glance, I thought the Pirate Acara was a mix between Electric and Pirate. What are those light blue things on his eyes? They don't look like scars at all to me. The earrings are very cute, I love them. However, the gold horns could go. It would look better if it were gray like the rest of it. I hardly noticed the bandages, but now that I do, I'm also starting to think they really don't have to be there. The eye-patch works fine, although it looks more like an upside-down triangle than a circle. The eyes are a little too much blue, they could've done better with a different color. The clothes and the body are fine, but the paws are definitely too dark. They had some great new ideas, but some of them don't really work.

...This is not a Sponge Acara. It is a cheese Acara. Although it doesen't look sponge, it's really cute and the fact it came out looking like this is really funny. All of it is just...perfect, including the fact it looks like cheese. It's a great shade of yellow, the holes are just the right size, and they didn't redraw it to look silly. However, there is just one little thing that bothers me. It's right ear, has no holes. But notice the left ear. You have some holes visible. I think they could've just put two or three and it would be a great che-- I mean sponge pet.

I am proud to have these colors as colors for my favorite Neopet, even though the Pirate Acara could've been better.