Speckled and Halloween Flotsams

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Speckled and Halloween Flotsams

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Image Image

I really want to see what's beneath the halloween flotsam's sheet....

Speckled actually looks kind of pretty. Usually that many "specks" would be a turn-off for me, but I think it works on this species. Maybe it's because they're more subtle specks than I'm used to seeing.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ooh, the Flotsam as a species did a complete U-Turn in the revamp for me, there are a former pet I would never consider owning, unless Royal. Now I like just about every colour of them.

I like Speckled on most pets and this is one of my favourites, due to the speckles being subtle.

The Halloween one looks...silly, but I can imagine it will look awesome underneath the stupid sheet.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Halloween kind of looks like snow in the small image. I was confused at first. I think the sheet would have looked better shaded with grey instead of blue. I've been really annoyed with the painted pets lately that are all about clothes, because it's really obvious that they are skimping on accessories and things to make it easier to have a dressed pet, less things to code. Like pirates not having tattoos or as many accessories lately. This is no exception. A big blanketing sheet-- not too much to code there. It feels kind of like a copout.

Basically I am interested in what the pet looks like under the sheet. The little you can see looks like it might actually be rather cool. Someone's gotta strip their Halloween flotsam and let everyone take a peek. :)

I'm with you on liking speckled. It's actually rather pretty. Flotsams are one species that made out rather well with the revamp, overall. Nice colorfill. I like the dark blue eye with the light green.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

wow, both of these are gorgeous!

I'm another person where flotsams were one of my most hated species before the revamp, and now I think they're quite lovely. The speckled one is just beautiful - the speckles are nicely done, not overbearing. The shading came out wonderfully as well! I really like it.

I, too, would LOVE to see what's under the Halloween flotsam, but even with the sheets on, it's very well done. I love the hint of eyes. Gah! Someone paint their pet this and take the clothes off!

...wow, that sounds wrong.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

*gasp* Did they actually remember to change the color of the flotsam beneath that sheet? I'm shocked. Looks nice from what I can see so far, but ditto on wanting to see one naked.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Awww, the Halloween one is so cute, but I can't help thinking that it's an odd time of year to do a Halloween pet. (I also thought for a second that the Flotsam already had Halloween, but I was mixing it up with the Jetsam)

Speckled is just Speckled, and it looks good on this pet.
derp
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

I love the speckled. Wow, never thought I'd say that.

Now for the halloween... I really like the eyes and the blood red tail... so pretty. I have a flotsam, but he is already plushie.
varii

Post by varii »

Prior to the revamp I would have gladly taken a koi or jetsam over the flotsam, but now I'm rather fond of flotsams. They are oh so much prettier than the other fish pets.

Anyways, I like speckled, but at the same time, I don't. The shading is kinda weird to me..but I dunno. It isn't bad.

Like everyone else, I am interested in seeing what is under the sheet, but I really, really don't like the sheet costume. I have to think there is a zipper in there somewhere because that thing is not hanging naturally and..ugh. That is just not a good position to be in while wearing a ghost costume. I hope the flotsams mouth is closed under the sheet, that would be nice.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Well, don't rush out and get Halloween for the pet underneath.

Oh well. I just wanted the cloak. ^^

It comes in two pieces, by the way, a hood and a cloak. I'm sad that I can't get my royalgirl flotsam rings to show up on top of it though, there needs to be a layering system.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Hm. I do like the dark red scheme, but it's probably not worth buying the brush for. I'm disappointed they didn't do more than a colorfill.
Signature by Tom
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like the red. It's very sanguine and a decent base color if nothing else.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Who needs the sheet? As soon as they come up with a good hold item for Flotsams, like a machine gun or a pitchfork, it'll look great just as a dark, dark red Flotsam.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Bif

Post by Bif »

I would have rathered that they coloured the belly something like this in white - I just think it looks better, but that's me. (sorry about the shoddy filling I did)

I love the sheet - it looks just like something a flostam would have made at home for Halloween - it can't be easy to sew with flippers and not fingers and putting a zipper in? Forget it – sewing is hard enough with flippers. I love the shading on the sheet and the stitched up mouth, as well as the shading on it. It looks very floaty and ghost like. I especially like that they didn’t forget the detail of making the flostam’s horn create pull marks on the sheet – I’m a sucker for little details. And the red tail kind of has a pitchfork appearance in its self.

Speckled is nice - not overbearing, I like the green they used for the belly.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

XD I forgot to look at the title when I first came to this topic and thought the Halloween Flotsam was supposed to be Ghost. I was thinking "... literal, much?"

That said, those are both very, very nice! I'll have to echo everyone else and say that Flotsams look much, much better since the revamp. They managed to come off pretty well! XD The Speckled is especially nice, considering the color is usually very icky.
<3
gidget

Post by gidget »

I couldn't stand Flotsams before the revamp (except for the Royal ones) but I agree with those who say they have really benefitted from the revamp.

The Speckled Flotsam is one of the nicer speckled pets. I think speckled is a colour that works better on the non-mammalian pets. At least for me.

I love, love, love the Halloween Flotsam. I like it in its sheet and I like it nekkid. The blood red colour scheme is lovely and could be a bit menacing with the right props. With the sheet, it looks a bit silly--in a good way. Two thumbs up for that colour.
Last edited by gidget on 03 Jul 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.