Camouflage and Snow Ixis

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Camouflage and Snow Ixis

Post by varii »

ImageImage

Why does the snow ixi have a white nose? Seems a little odd to me.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Where does that camouflage one plan to hide, in a volcano? A cranberry bog? A slaughterhouse?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I suppose it's due to the bright color/high contrast on the camo one, but it just looks flat, almost completely unshaded. Crappy, I'd say.

The snow one has a cute collar and tail, though.
Image Image
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

I hadn't realised how badly the ixi suffered in the revamp. Its head's huge compared to the rest of the body and it looks flat. Also that has to be one of the worst camo pets I've seen, surely it should be in shades of green to match the fields of Meridell?

I do not approve.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Most of the pets that got to stay on all fours improved from their old poses in some way or the other. Most.

A few are moderately less well off, but most of the pets not suffering from angry fist o'DOOM syndrome are better now than they were - or at least not significantly worse off.

And then there's the Ixi. Dear God, the awful art, it bleeds. As sezrin pointed out, the head is almost the same size as the entire rest of the body, and there is no way that tiny skinny neck can hold that monstrosity up. Probably just as well, I doubt the Ixi sees much reason to hold its head high these days anyway.
Cranberry wrote:Where does that camouflage one plan to hide, in a volcano? A cranberry bog? A slaughterhouse?
*snerk* Apparently. I'm voting for the volcano myself; the poor thing took a look in the mirror and then tossed itself in head first.

And really, who can blame it?

The snow pet would be lovely if it were laid onto better art. For once there aren't masses of carrots (Uggatrip, I'm looking at you), dead leaves or sticks, and the eyes are even made out of coal. Although I'm not quite sure where the green leaves came from in the dead of winter, but hey, I'm willing to decide they're obviously a form of evergreen and call it good.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

Man, that is weak.
I seriously almost gaged when I saw the news.
The camo ixi is the worst ixi and the worst camo pet... ever. Congrats TNT.
The snow could be worse, but after the revamp I guess ixis just can't win.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

I'm just soooo glad that the Faerie Ixi got grandfathered. I really couldn't stand to look at that booblehead for too long. *shudder*

I can't objectivly say anything about the colours per se, I can only see the big head, sorry.
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

The colors they have been coming out with since the revamp have for the most part been really awful. It's upsetting because the two things that I have enjoyed most about the site, new pet colors and avatars, have both gone majorly downhill.

I agree that the ixi suffered terribly in the revamps. The revamped darigan ixi is absolutely hideous, as is grey, both of which I own. Thank goodness for the grandfathering on both of them.

These colors are exactly what I expected-- just terrible. Although it's not their fault the ixi is so disproportionate, I actually like the leaves and carrots on the snow. But that camo-- blech! Can't even look at it without a headache.
Danish

Post by Danish »

I would've thought that the art would be better for most of the pet revamps but it's surprisingly gotten even worse. It always interests me why they needed to change some like the Ixi anyway. The old pose should've been fine to add clothes to.

I agree that the head is way too big and neck way too thin. The body is way too small and the legs are all sprawled apart to try and keep it steady.
Then you have the permanently-shocked diamond eyes which look like the Ixi has been given too much Botox.

I' not really a fan of Camo and Snow pets anyway. But they're okay. The horrible colouring on the camo one has already been done before with the Xweetok. Snow is a little boring. The little added bits look strange like on all snow pets.

And I'm not usually one to complain :wink:
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Eh. I've hated Ixis since the revamp. Putting my bias aside...
The camouflage is horrible - as Ty said, it's really flat. And don't like the red - maybe green would look better...? :?
Snow isn't bad. The collar is adorable (the collars have always been my favorite part of Ixis). Also, I think the hooves should look more like coals.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
pohatufan1

Post by pohatufan1 »

Clearly the Camo Ixi only appears during sunrise and sunset.

Red worked on the Camo Scorchio because it's a Scorchio. Magenta does not work on the Camo Ixi because... it's magenta.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

pohatufan1 wrote:Clearly the Camo Ixi only appears during sunrise and sunset.
Surely it only disappears at sunrise and sunset ;)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
pohatufan1

Post by pohatufan1 »

Touche, Kantark.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Y'know, the coloring on the camo ixi is so blocky at first I thought it some weird version of red checkered. This ixi could hide in the aforementioned volcano and such, or maybe on a picnic blanket. It kind of looks as flat as one.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets