Orange and Darigan Tuskaninny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Orange and Darigan Tuskaninny

Post by hebdenhippy »

There are two new colours for Tuskaninnys, orange and Darigan

ImageImage

I actually think Tuskaninnys did alright in the revamp, I like the little flick in the tail. Anyway, orange is average, nice shading, but nothing special. I think the muzzle would have looked better slightly lighter though, and the nose less pink.

Darigan is a bit weird looking, the wings look way off, as does the face, and, overall, it doesn't look like it is evil, it looks more like it's been dragged backwards through a hedge...
Last edited by hebdenhippy on 11 Jul 2007 08:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I don't have much to say about the orange Tuskaninny - it's orange. That's it, really! No problems there.

I'm not really a fan of the Darigan Tuskaninny. The spikes on the tail are cool, as are the wings, but the eyes look a little strange. Also, the wiry black hair on its head looks a little naff.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

The darigan is shit. The wings seem to be misplaced, the end of part of the tail looks like a random spike sticking out of the side against the dark spots, the hair looks copy/pasted, and the sclera is almost the exact same color as the iris.

It's by no means worth however much a paintbrush runs nowadays.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
varii

Post by varii »

The darigan tuskaninny is awful. The wings are pathetic and why on earth would the one wing be behind the tail? The wings look like they are there only to be removed, which is ridiculous. The hair is gross and ..ugh. Bad, bad color.

The tuskaninny's face lost something in the redraw, its face looks like a mask now.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Gah. I think Darigan was one of the big losers with the new customization system. The need to let pets wear little hats virtually demands that it become nothing but a purple version of the pet with wings tacked on. Gah again.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

This wins. Really, really cute.

Don't care for the colors, Orange is blinding.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Normally when I look at a critter with wings I expect the tail to go between the wings. In the case of the Darigan the tail is clearly in front of the wings as varii pointed out. I don't know about others but I've yet to see a new pet I've liked since the revamp.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Xelio wrote:Normally when I look at a critter with wings I expect the tail to go between the wings. In the case of the Darigan the tail is clearly in front of the wings as varii pointed out. I don't know about others but I've yet to see a new pet I've liked since the revamp.
Seriously, since the revamp, at least one pt out of every pet day pleased me. Some (Quiggle, Nimmo) I liked both.

Tuskaninny Day is the first day, since the revamp, I don't care for either of the two pets.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I think Darigan looks good, given the extremely limiting framework into which it must fit. It looks suitably different from the standard pet.

Orange is orange is orange. Pleasant shade (almost peach), otherwise nothing to write home about. Reminds me of peach-flavoured Chewits.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

The darigan tusk looks like a junkie.
The orange is orange, but I don't like the orange eyes or the shade of the muzzle.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I love the Orange Tuskaninny for the whole "pink nose looks orange" optical illusion. That's just great.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

The Darigan one sucks. It sucks long and hard.
koops

Post by koops »

the darigan does suck it looks awful
Axy-Chan

Post by Axy-Chan »

The orange is orange and can stay how it is but the darigan looks terrible, I mean sure its evil and all but...just dosen't float my boat.