Electric and Pirate Kikos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Electric and Pirate Kikos

Post by Kamil »

Image Image

Kikos got hit pretty hard in the revamp; not that they were ever anything to write home about, but I liked a couple of their redraws. Now, not so much.

I suppose pirate has lots of clothes, which seems to be the standard for new pet colors these days. Yay? I'm fairly surprised it doesn't have an eye patch, something that may annoy those who would want to paint theirs pirate briefly for the eye patch.

Electric . . . yeah, that's what it is, alright. *mourns lost bolts of electricity on angry and occasionally the bd poses too*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I'm not a fan of Kikos to be honest, but I really like that Pirate colour. The hat is brilliant and I love the jacket!

Electric is just electric - slightly boring, but there's not much space on a Kiko to go crazy.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

If I was ever stupid enough to get a Kiko, I think Pirate would be the colour for me. I like how they made the eyes look more angry, by doing the little slant thing, it's doesn't affect the whole pets pose, but it changes the feel of a pet to me. Mind you I'd have to be a lot richer than I am now to get a Pirate Kiko.

I still think that Electric pets should come with Electrical auras around them by default. Kind of like a Galactic pet on Subeta always has mist around them. But on Neopets we could remove the Electric as we please.

don't hurt me for comparing subeta and neopets
pohatufan1

Post by pohatufan1 »

If the skull on the Pirate Kiko's hat had two little bony hands poking out of it, I would get it immediately.

And I don't even like Kikos.
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

The pirate isn't that bad. I mean, kikos are awful after the revamp, but the eyes make it slightly better. The clothes are actually nice too. I love the hat and jacket/shirt thing...
But one thing really bothers me, why does the hat have an earring?

The electric is fine... for a kiko/electric pet.
gidget

Post by gidget »

While I think that many pets were improved in the revamp, Kikos are among the ones that had their charm pretty much destroyed. It makes me sad since I have 4 Kikos (Clay, Snot, Halloween, and Garlic*). I'm waiting to see if they grow on me, but so far not so much.

Of the two new colours, I don't think either is horrible.

Electric is not a colour I particularly like, but it looks pretty good on the Kiko. For a rather plain colour, it's nice.

The Pirate Kiko is rather nice. I like the colour scheme of the dark blue/grey with the brown eyes and ivory hands. I also like the clothing a good bit. If I ever got a FFQ on my Kiko account, I'd seriously consider turning one of them into a Pirate.

* Of the 4 Kikos I have, Garlic came out the best, followed by Snot. The Clay and Halloween ones really kinda suck big time.
sureq

Post by sureq »

I remember back in the day when one of my lab pteri turned into a kiko, I blew 30k on a blue pteri morphing potion instantly because I couldn't stand the thought of being kiko owner, and since the revamp nothing has changed.

Basic non-redraws (or the ones that would have been non-redraws) are still craptacular. I like the pirate's hat, wish that hat was on another species though.

Now strip the clothes off the pirate and what do we have? A blue kiko with angry eyes! BAH. What happened to the piraty grey?

I seriously think kiko's are the worst species there is.

The only ones that pass are garlic and snot like gidget said, but now I'd like to know whats under the halloween kikos outfit.
ImageImage
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Electric is average. but I really like the pirate, the angry eyes are a nice element, and I love the jacket. i especially like the cute little skeleton on the hat, with those big mis-matched eyes ^^
gidget

Post by gidget »

The Halloween Kiko under the sucky pumpkin costume...

It's ... um ... orange (with candy corn eyes). :P

ETA: I will give the Halloween Kiko this: beneath the costume it *is* nicer than the real Orange Kiko.

nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

They couldn't resist giving the pirate a ring, could they?
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

The nice thing about the pirate is, that with that expression, the closed fist looks almost fitting...
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
freekydud

Post by freekydud »

I also like the pirate kiko, but not a very nice shade for a pirate as sureq mentioned. The electric is average.

Also about the ring on the pirate hat, like pins, it's a cloth accesory..lol.
Meeep....
|Neopets||Subeta|
pls...Donate?
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Obviously it is. I just can't help but notice they must give a pirate a stereotypical golden earring, even when it has no ears.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Bif

Post by Bif »

So is the earring separate from the hat or not? Because if it's not I'd really like to see a Pirate Kiko without the hat but with the earring. :P It should then be in mid air.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I like the boldness (thickness?) of the stripes on the electric kiko. Pirate is ok, but that color just hasn't been the same for me since the revamp; it's just a grey colored pet with a trunkload of clothing crammed onto it.

A general question about kikos: is that bandaid removable, or is it permanantly stuck to the pet?