Royal boy and girl Peophins

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fury

Royal boy and girl Peophins

Post by Fury »

ImageImage

Wow, I actually adore the Royal boy Peophin! I'm not so keen on the girl, but I love the male's coat and colour scheme.

What are your opinions on these?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

You beat me =P

This is what I said in my post before deleting it.

I just saw these in the News and added them to the front page. Wow I want *o* The Boy kind of reminds me of the Royalboy Kyrii in a way. Both look rather beautiful. I think I want to get a female one for the accessories and the lovely shade of Blue. However they kind of need a crown or tiara to me, they don't look particularly Royal.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Wow, I'm about to type something I never thought I'd type:

I think I'm going to get a Royal pet: a Royalgirl pet, to boot.

I don't know if I'd leave Dar royal after I get the Royal accessories, or repaint her something like Electric or Faerie (I think the accessories would look very nice with electric) but... well. This is lovely.

(They're both lovely, actually, but I like the female accessories better... especially given Dar is a girl.)

Too bad I can't use my Fountain Faerie quest on THIS...
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Ooh wow I really like these! For once the accessories don't look so pasted on. Love the base shade of light blue and the white mane on the royalgirl. My only complaint would be they look too close to the royal flotsams. But hey, if you're not going to come up with something original, at least you can go with something that's great to begin with-- they did and it works.

Some colors actually worth talking about! I'm quite shocked. These forums have been dead the last few days, don't know if it's potter or what, nice to see some action of this variety to break up the monotony.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Beautiful. Ignoring the fact they're underwater creatures and thus would be hindered by their royal clothes, they're great. Pretty cloaks and tail ring thingies, and I can't help but notice what fine colours they are underneath the "royal". If not for the expense of the brush, a Royalgirl Peophin would be an amazing thing to just have for the colour.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I really like the jewelry on both of them, and the royalgirl's mane is quite pretty.
Image Image
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

The peophin is one of the only pets that came out well in the de, I mean, revamps. These are actually very nice even if they make me miss reposed neopets all over again. (Sorry for saying that. It's sort of obligatory.) LOOOVE the colours of the royalboy. I've always thought it's such a copout when royal pets are just basic coloured pets with clothes. These are not -- they both look really elegant and regal. I approve.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Oh. Damn.

These are both gorgeous. I want both, badly. I think I might have to put effort into making Neopoints again... I want to make Ecl male, paint her, make her female and paint her again so I can collect in on all the accessories.

I hope things like the head plates and the earrings aren't "attached" to the pets, but removable like the desert peophin's.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Wowza. If the pound ever works again (and at this point, three months dead, I'm starting to doubt it) I absolutely know what color Chaffey is going to be.

Actually I'd like to do what Tiel is proposing, but if I'm that unthrifty Roseau will never get her plushie Kad, so the royalgirl will do just fine.

Whoever is responsible for Peophins since the . . . revamps gets my vote for lead artist; at the least I wish the rest would take a few lessons from that person on how to make sameness less boring. *thumbs up*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Question: are the basic color Peophin's head plates detachable?
potclover

Post by potclover »

Wingsrising wrote:Question: are the basic color Peophin's head plates detachable?
Nope I got a Peophin after the revamp and I just checked the head plate is not a piece of clothing.
Neopets//potcloverthegreat
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

ww, they're both very pretty. How nice...They remind me quite a bit of the flotsams.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I indeed thought "wow" especially with the female on first impressions (I really like the body color but not quite so much the mane with THAT color combo). They're both very pretty.

But again, it makes me terribly disappointed that there are apparently no more redraws. I would have liked to see what they COULD have come up with. For what the new template is, this is NICE, and the accessories are almost worth the paint. Too bad that aside from the slightly reworked face plate and little lock of mane, that's all it is now plus different coloring.

Wingsrising: how about painting Royalgirl and then using the FFQ for Electric? :)
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

These are gorgeous! I was at a loss for a final goal for Ghadivah (currently being labbed for stats) when the Royalgirl Kyrii was ruined... but the royalgirl Peo is a definite possibility now.
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

Drop dead gorgeous!
I was saving for a royalgirl usul, but I've changed my mind. The female is the color of my car (which I love) and I adore the color of the mane.
The royalboy is also extremely nice, god, I'm speechless.

These are, by far, the best new colors after the revamp.