Ice Quiggle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fury

Ice Quiggle

Post by Fury »

I've never been particualy keen on ice pets, but some of them look quite good. I think they should've made the ice Quiggle look as if it was sculpted out of ice, rather than just coated in it. I would've liked to have seen some hanging icicles or jagged edges instead of smooth ones.
pohatufan1

Post by pohatufan1 »

There probably will never be hanging sides or jagged edges again.

The Golden Age of Ice, as of every other color, every species, and indeed of Neopets itself, is well behind us.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I think the "icicle look" would have been nice. It would have looked like an elemental glacier-like creature. But, in terms of realism, I'm okay with smooth, rounded ice pets. Ice sculptures at weddings and expensive events are like that. However, I would have liked a paler colour.

Something that would set it apart from glass would would be if it had a mixture between glossy and frosted texture, like in this picture:
http://www.icesculpturedesigns.com/imag ... _skier.jpg
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
sureq

Post by sureq »

I don't think it looks like ice or even glass...closer to light blue plastic.
ImageImage