Clothing/Customizable Neopets

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cyaneus

Re: Clothing/Customizable Neopets

Post by Cyaneus »

Bif wrote:It amused me how the price went up almost straight away.

I love watching the Neopets economy.
And it will go down just as quickly in a couple days when people realize that dung is still EVERYWHERE!

Wait. I've just realized that this means the second hand shoppe will be flooded with dung.

Crap.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

ImageImage

I really really like these (although it may have to do with my abnormal love of scarfs) and I'm wondering if anyone here happens to know what pets can wear them currently?
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Cyaneus wrote:
Bif wrote:It amused me how the price went up almost straight away.

I love watching the Neopets economy.
And it will go down just as quickly in a couple days when people realize that dung is still EVERYWHERE!
I actually went to Meridell to grab a piece of dung the night it became wearable, and ended up getting 6 berries instead.

If I didn't already have the avatar, I would have been super stoked. :P
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

While browsing one of the petpages listing wearables (http://www.neopets.com/~Echoh) I noticed that they didn't list two of the traditional shenkuu hissi bits as not working yet. I went to check on Nolande's petpage, and lo, the whole set is indeed working:

(I've taken the image from Nolande's petpage and uploaded it to my own photobucket, I can't take credit for it therefore, and the petpage's owner doesn't want it used in other guides.)

Looking at the wings which were released, the pets which already have wings have mostly been done really really badly- so they still have two sets of wings. However, the korbat hasn't been done like that and the result is quite pretty:

ImageImage
In fact, the shell faerie wings have replaced other wings for most pets with wings already, and the result is really nice- quite apart from the fact that they're already very pretty. (see all of them)

The purses are alse not really working for pets without a paw held out for them- they look like they've been nailed on:

The solution used for the koi, jubjub and kiko for the gormball necklace, however, is a lot better:

I'm not actually sure I want any of the above on my pets- it's going to be mostly backgrounds and foreground items for me, I think, especially as I have several unconverted pets and two mutants. I just have to decide who gets which background.
Last edited by daisybell on 07 Oct 2007 02:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets wishlists: here
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Holy goobly! That hissi is the most wonderful thing I've seen on Neopets in some time.
Image Image
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I was going to edit in this:

But Ty foiled that *shakes fist at Ty*

Poor little jubjub, it has no mouth. But it's very cute.
Neopets wishlists: here
Kari

Post by Kari »

Nailed on purse for the win.

That is also really awkward looking.
derp
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Eww, the nailed on purses and pasted on yey wings do look really bad. On the other hand, I really like what they decided to do with the puppets for Neopets without hands free.

Image Image

The artist smock also looks really really nice on quite a few pets, I think. I kinda wanna grab one.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

The purses are alse not really working for pets without a paw held out for them- they look like they've been nailed on
I'd rather think of it as taped or magiced on. Or maybe there are some pets that get special body piercings, just to carry their purses with. =) That way I don't feel guilty for giving my aisha a purse.

Anyway, I just noticed something about the new artists background. The vegetation in the windows looks like the vines from the Lost Isle plot. It just reminded me again how I was hoping they'd finish the lost isle plot.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ack! The new scarves completely remove the manes off of some pets, but are completely buried by the manes of others:

Image Image

Image Image

I don't want my Ogrin to have a shaved neck. :|
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I do like the ruff-less Xweetok, however. I think Neopets really over uses ruffs.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Cyaneus wrote:I do like the ruff-less Xweetok, however. I think Neopets really over uses ruffs.
Hm. At first I thought it looked awful, but your comment made me take a second look, and maybe it's not that bad. And since I'm not very familiar with how ogrins normally look, that doesn't look wrong to me either.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I wouldn't mind the ruffless xweetok so much if it didn't make it look like it has no neck in general; they should have made the scarf look like it was going 'over' the ruff, rather than just shaving it off and choking the poor thing.

Think nailed on purses/etc look incredibly lame. Also, am sad. I bought an adventurer backpack for my lenny, Ciconii, because it fit her perfectly... but it doesn't even have straps that go over the 'shoulders' so to speak. It basically just... sits there on their back. Bah.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

The new scarf shaves the Eyrie, too. I can't decide if that's more or less stupid looking than the old Woolen scarf, which goes UNDER the ruff instead. What's wrong with drawing a scarf OVER the ruff?

I already have a Woolen scarf for my Bori for when winter comes, but I like the new Brown scarf on the Aisha and Peophin a lot more than the Woolen scarf, which looks like it's choking them. I'll be getting a couple once prices drop a little.

I'm irked to see that the Artist's Smock ALSO goes under the Eyrie's ruff. Good grief! Am I ever going to get decent looking clothes for mine? I might get one for my Aisha, though.

I went on a bit of a buying spree and bought backgrounds -- plus I have my eye on some other items that look like they're JUST about to drop to buyable. I'll have to remember to check back in a week or so. I still really want the Shell Wings, but I might wait to see if those drop to buyable this month, too.

I think the nailed-on purses look really dumb. Even the Peophin (which has forelimbs to drape the purse over) has some nailed-on purses, although some of them are hung over the leg. I'd have prefered they just put the purse next to the pet.

Of my 4 pets, I think my Peophin looks best in many of the clothes, presumably because she's closer to being a biped. Too bad she's already almost perfect as-is. :-)
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

The ruff removing clothes aren't bad on all pets, but the problem with xweetoks is they have both a mane and a ruff. Here's how one looks with both the mane and ruff removed, and I don't mind it so much. But I don't like it with only the mane gone, or only the neck ruff gone.

What they should do is give neopets with neck ruffs and manes the option to have a reversable hair cut. Then users can choose if they want the scarf to go under the hair, or to replace it
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme