Games and Polls forum still needed?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

What do you think we should do?

Keep The Forum
21%
Get Rid of It
55%
I don't care
24%

Total votes: 38

Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Yes, please no getting rid of Offsite games. I likes it there. It's cosy and geeky.

As for Forum Games and Polls, I say we can just fuse it back with chit-chat since it's all but dead now.
Zap

Post by Zap »

That sounds fine to me.

I had a silly dream the night before last where I checked the site and there was some kind of new forum game that must have come to need its own board like Werewolf because I remember there was a new board in the non-Neopets section and it made it look all stretched.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Forum Games and Polls partly merged with Epilogue (WW) and partly with Chit-chat (Deforestation, favourites topics). Future WW signups should now go in Epilogue instead. If other forums are going to be merged (Petpets with a combination of New Features and Aesthetics, for example), that's not imminent but not out of the question if people give good enough reasons to do it. Also - expansion of the Subeta section is in theory possible as it grows, but again, you'll have to tell me exactly how to expand it.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think that merging Petpets with New Features and Aesthetics would be a good idea. Since the rule about needing 25 posts to post there has been issued I find that the forum is generally used for new petpet releases and rarely are there topics about matching that are kept unlocked, if any of us need a Petpet suggestion we could ask in Aesthetics, like you suggested. I also think that taking away the Petpet section would stop people with less than 25 posts asking for matches as before I'm pretty sure right now they'd see a Petpet forum and think "ooh I need that matched *posts without reading rules*" I'm pretty sure that's what I did at first anyway.

I don't know how much of an argument that is, but what I'm saying is that if it weren't there I expect there would be less posts of that sort that you guys have to lock every so often.

I also think that Achievements and Tales of Woe could merge with Miscellaneous as there doesn't seem to be a real need for a whole section for AaToW. It could be a sticky really, if anyone has a big achievement/woe they could still post it in that forum.

Currently I think Neopets has a few too many forums, but like people have said already, what's the problem if they are there? I just think they aren't needed, but I can live if they stay.

Personally I think Subeta is fine as it is, I don't think it needs to get any bigger in the near future.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think AATOW needs to be kept on its own. It's a nice little forum to read. Besides, whether or not the interest of the people here is mostly focused on Subeta as of late, Neocolours is ... well, a Neopets site - that's how it started. I think combining it down to only, what, 3 Neopets topics, would be a little extreme.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

For me, AaToW is quintessential NC stuff--I'd hate to see it disappear.
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I suppose that not being around here as long as you means I don't know what is and isn't important. The only reason I thought AaToW could be moved is because it's mainly the sticky that gets used recently, but there's no harm in keeping it of course, especially as it seems a popular forum.