Pirate and Split Draiks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Cyaneus

Pirate and Split Draiks

Post by Cyaneus »

Image Image

Pirate's shading seems a little flat, but those are some stylish accessories. That's a nice coat. Shame it doesn't have any kind of piratical expression or scars.

Oh yeah, and Split. It's a color.
gidget

Post by gidget »

I deleted my post that I did at the same time. :P

Draiks are one of the species where I think the colourfills really were improved upon by the revamp.

I don't find the new Split Draik as eye-burningly painful as split could occasionally be. I like the somewhat softer look of the colours.

I have mixed feelings about the Pirate Draik. It's nice, but I just wonder what it could have been as a redraw Pirate.

I do like the Pirate's spiffeh hat, though. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Pirate looks kind of like ghost, on the base. Love the jacket-thing, very neat.
Image Image
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'd love to get a Pirate Draik just to steal the accessories.

Split is Split, nothing good or bad about it.
derp
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Hmm...! Mixed feelings on the pirate. I think it's great, aside from the lack of pirate-y expression, but I also wonder what it would have been like as a redraw. Still, rather nifty. I love the coat and the hat. :D
Danish

Post by Danish »

Ooooh. I'm liking the Pirate one. Although I agree it could've looked better with another expression.
Split is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING as usual. ; )
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Split is nice, I agree with what's been saidabout the colour not being as eye-burning as it used to and it looks nice on the new Draik pose.

It's a shame the Pirate's expression isn't different but it lokos very nice. I love the jacket and the hook hand ^_^. I also love the gold on the end of the tail an thr hat is very stylish. It looks more like a navalman than a proper Pirate but that's what I like about it.

Looks lik Draiks get a pretty good day this year ^_^.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Wow, a Split colour that actually looks quite desirable. Even Pirate looks good - plenty of golden shiny bits, they match the blue-grey nicely.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Split looks quite nice, as does Pirate, but I don't really like all of that gold lace stuff, and I think it needs to be angry. Overall, they're alright, but really I just don't like the new Draiks anyway.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I like all the gold on the pirate one, though I agree that it's expression should have been changed. Draiks in general(excepting mutant) look better with the revamp. Split is actually pretty good for split. I like how the pose of the tail works to keep the purple all on one side.
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Remember that you can mix and match colours now--I have skunk/christmas and yellow/royal Zafaras. :D With that in mind, if I ever got a pirate draik, I would then repaint it shadow and re-place the pirate accessories. Since the base is just a recolour. :P

Split... eh, nice for those who like split, I suppose. :)
varii

Post by varii »

I love draiks post revamp and have considered morphing one of my pets into one, but neither of these colors do much for me. The pirate hat is so small and unimpressive. Pirate Kiko was done much better, in my opinion.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

My only problem with Split, is the same problem I have with all split pets. I wish that the purple colour was on the right side of the pet, since that's the side we see more of. The orange is pretty in small doses, but a bit too bright in larger quantity.

The pirate looks fun, adventurous, and uncluttered to me. If I had a draik, I'd paint it pirate. I agree the expression could have been more angry, though.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme