Customization Ratings!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Illuen

Customization Ratings!

Post by Illuen »

Customization day has brought with it a nifty new site feature: The ability to rate pets based on what they are wearing! I like this, and think it is a fantastic feature to have, although I'm wondering if you can reset the rating when you change your pets clothing... It also appears that you can disable the ratings as well, which is fun for those who don't want to deal with it =P.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=niva16

Everyone, go now! 5/5! You know you love the Bohemian college student look!
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
EofS

Post by EofS »

*Steals Niva's hat, scarf and backpack*

She happens to have the three items I am particularly interested in *giggles* Also, how much do I want that pandaphant puppet?

I think this is a nifty idea, but I'm exceedingly grateful that it's possible (and very easy) to disable it. I wonder if it's possible to *enable* it though.

The point about changing clothing is good too. Hmm.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I disabled it on all my pets, heh. It's not a bad feature, but I don't intend to dress mine up, so there's not much point.
varii

Post by varii »

Eh, my first reaction when I read this was "Egads, no!" But eh.. it's kinda fun. Although I can see 10000000000+ more posts on the neoboards saying 'PLZ rate my pet@!' And then you get the catty people like me who are resisting (and not so well) giving 1 star to a few pets owned by people that I really don't like.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

varii wrote:Eh, my first reaction when I read this was "Egads, no!"
Mine was a bit more crude than that, but the sentiment was the same. :p

To me, it's little more than another ploy on TNT's part to get people to pay real money for the better clothes from the Mall. The first thing I did was disable the option to vote on my pets.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Officer 1BDI wrote: To me, it's little more than another ploy on TNT's part to get people to pay real money for the better clothes from the Mall. The first thing I did was disable the option to vote on my pets.
My first thought was that with the small number of wearable clothes that anyone can afford, how much variety can there be?

This means that someone else had a more cynical first reaction than me. This makes me sad. I'm losing my touch!

(FWIW, I agree with you.)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well I suppose it's for all the people on the neoboards who make Rate My Pets threads. I always liked those. They never seemed to be like here where people would have nifty lookups, or art, or even just interesting stories or descriptions. It'd always be some n00b with some colorfil unlimited species, a crappy name, and nothing else whatsoever to distinguish it from the 50 billion other pets out there that are the same species and color. In theory I shouldn't object to this, but I still think it's stupid just the same. I'm glad to hear that they realized other people might think the same and made the option to turn it off. I can't seem to figure out where it is, but even though I don't play I'd like to disable it.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

It's a cool idea. I know I'm a sucker for rating stuff. Not that it will matter on my pets much cause they aren't dressed up. The most I did was take the halo off my Christmas zafara. Maybe later I might try to dress them...maybe.
I also do see a lot of people cluttering up the neoboards trying to get people to rate their pets. Then some snob people rubbing it in other people's faces that their pet has more stars then theirs. Yeah, fun times! But despite that, it's a nifty little feature.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
EofS

Post by EofS »

Huggles wrote:I can't seem to figure out where it is, but even though I don't play I'd like to disable it.
Just go to the pet's lookup - bottom right hand corner are the stars and underneath it the option to disable it for that pet. First place I thought to look.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Someone rated my Blue Blumaroo a 1.

I disabled ratings on my customisables pets. Go rate my old school pets!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oh, thanks. Dur. I went through user preferences and pet descriptions.

I deleted your double post. That message appears from time to time, but your post almost always goes through.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I accedentally rated my own pet a 1 - *sigh* There is no way to 'refresh' it as yet either.

Perhaps they will start having a comeption based on these ratings? Like the BC but, for customised pets. Maybe
Danish

Post by Danish »

I think the idea's okay. But you'll probably see a lot of young basic coloured pets with high ratings because only a few people have rated it.

I think it will be some sought of spotlight image as well, because it's in the star's image link.
http://images.neopets.com/spotlight/custompet/rating_star_01.gif

Interesting on how this will work since you could technically have just one rating, a 5 star, and rank as the best. Maybe the amount of votes will count too.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I disliked the idea as soon as I saw it, but I suppose people will find it fun. It's not like I go near the neoboards anyway, after all.

I immediately disabled it on my pets - at least on my main account, and when I remember to log into the others, I'll do it there too.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I don't like the idea, but I can see how a lot of people would, and it might clear up "RATE MAH PET" boards more easily (or make them worse, if people want to see their score rise). As long as there's no "Top Score Board" or anything like that, I'll be perfectly content just disabling it on my pets.