Orange and Disco Techos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Orange and Disco Techos

Post by thelonetiel »

Image Image

Nice that they are utilizing customization and adding accessories to the colors that can get away with it.

But I think techos are hideous after the revamp (which is sad, their older revamp was pretty cute) and that they should have gone ahead and done all the basic color fills like orange and purple when redrawing all the pets. It is lazy that they are releasing them one by one. Surely it wouldn't take more than an hour or two to go ahead and finish all the color fills of a species for their pet day? Not checkered, speckled, etc. but orange, silver, glowing, and the like can't be that hard.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The only problem with the new Techo is the eyes, I think. The eyes bother me a lot.
neo_peridot_green

Orange and Disco Techos

Post by neo_peridot_green »

I can't say I hate the Techo redraws. But when it comes to some other pets, Techo redraws look a lot better. I kind of like orange. The nice shade was what really drew me in, and it's not exactly an eye-burning shade of orange. Besides that, well, it's just a colour. I give it an 8.7 out of 10.

But Disco... Well, it certainly looks loud and vibrant, which is what the disco colour was made to look like. And I can see they added a few clothing items, taking advantage of the new Customization Feature, and I like that concept. But it looks sort of...plain...compared to other Disco-coloured pets. All in all, I give it a 7.5 out of 10.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

<i>Swank.</i>
Image Image
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

Orange is nice. The disco one looks like it's angry. I think the sunglasses would be better in a different color. The necklace is also a bit too plain. Techos aren't my most favorite pets, though, so I guess they're decent.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Although I like the sunglasses, it's not clear to me how they stay on in the absence of external ears.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

My first thought: I don't like the sunglasses. The gradient isn't working at all with the flat shading on the Techo, and the shape doesn't seem quite right for the eyes. Which I didn't like anyway. The new Techos' eyes are weird.
varii

Post by varii »

The techos feet bother me slightly more than the eyes. But now that I'm really looking at the eyes, I don't like them either.

The techos sunglasses really, really bother me. They look like they're a 'real' item placed on a cartoon..or something. And the necklace almost seems too small. I feel like if they've put all this effort into the customization thing, they might as well put some effort and pazazz into the colors that can be customized. Like maybe a leisure suit or really gaudy chain.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

Other than the glasses, I actually like the disco techo. I don't really know why, I guess the yellow belly with the green and yellow markings. Usually I despise disco pets.

I do think that techos where shortchanged on the revamp, particularly the faerie techo, which I loved before the revamp.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I actually like the base disco techo, but those glasses are ridiculous. They're at a strange angle and they just look cheap.
Danish

Post by Danish »

They're both fair. But I agree that the glasses look strange. I had to look at them twice to get where it's actual eyes were. I think it's because they're strangely positioned, as someone said before, like a real item.

I think some more cartoony looking glasses would've been great. Like those gigantic ones from the 70s with bright colours.

I agree that the old Techo image looks better. The expression is more cheerful and the feet don't look stretched.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I agree with the comment that the sunglasses look like a 'real' item placed on a cartoon. There's a discrepency in the degree of realisim that looks off.

I wish they'd do more of the pink and yellow disco. I'm not a huge fan of that colour scheme, but I like it better than green and orange. Or they could try making disco pets look more like the Disco Niptor. Its colour scheme is still very bright, but better looking.

It's too bad that the techo revamp doesn't really look disco-ish. The previous techo look was fun loving, mischievious, and happy. The current look reminds me of an angry landlord.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme