Halloween and Electric Poogles.

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
gidget

Halloween and Electric Poogles.

Post by gidget »

Ooooooh! Spooky! I wonder what's under the Snowbeast costume. :twisted: Yeah, I like this one.

It's Electric! Um, yay! Actually, I thought there was already an Electric Poogle. Guess not. :P Electric is not a favourite colour of mine, but this is a rather nice specimen.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I really like the halloween poogle. The electric isn't bad, I just wish they still had angry poses with electricity around them.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Halloween is terrific! Haha, I wasn't expecting that. :D I wonder what it looks like underneath...

I'm indifferent to the electric.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

Halloween is great, is it that sort of aqua colour underneath? I hope so.

Poogles did well under the revamp and this shows how good they can look, even the electric isn't bad- the colours are nice and strong and its not overcrowded.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Here is what the Halloween one looks underneath (yep, I just painted one out of boredom and curiosity):

Costume consists of 4 pieces - head mask, tail, feet and body costume.

I'm still very bitter with how post-customization poogle look. They ruined them for me forever.
Neither of these two colours redeem them.
Last edited by zebru on 19 Sep 2007 04:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

So, without the costume, Halloween is just White with fangs and angry eyes? :|

(Old image, I know, but I think my point remains valid.)

Well, at least the costume is cute. It seems silly to have the base pet be nearly identical to another color, though. If they were going to do that, why make the costume a part of a paint brush? Why not just release it as store clothing?

Electric is Electric and therefore boring by default. I don't like the blues they used on this pet for some reason; they seem really dark to me, but I can't tell if that's my monitor being silly or if the pet actually looks darker than most Electrics.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I LOVE the Halloween Poogle, it's a very inventive idea instead of just the usual "cape/cloak and fangs" routine. I may just have to get one and give it a Sniklebeast...

Electric is Electric, not much more to say really
Bif

Post by Bif »

I opened the news today and just about DIED! OMG how amazing does the Halloween Poogle want to be?! It is SO cute, and I love the detail in the stitching, the angry eyes and the fur.

The Poogle itself without the costume would be the perfect "I'm a vampire but just want to be normal" character.

I may just have to get a Poogle. ^_^

Electric is electric.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

NICE. The Halloween Poogle gets a definite thumbs-up from me. Very creative.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

heh, the hallow'een poogle is so cute *pets it*, pity about the base colour not being that lovely aquamarine :?.

Electric is electric, I don't like the base blue that they used here for some reason... but it's nice for a colourfill.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Actually that's the first post-customization colour I like at first sight. Don't think I'd get one, but still much nicer than most stuff they've come up with since.
LΟL
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

That Halloween Poogle is just adorable. Not too keen on the base on its own but I love the costume. It's got some nice detail and I like that they did something different with the costume.

Electric is really nothing special as a colour but I tend to like them because of the contrast between the blue and turquoise. This one's no exception so it's fine by me.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

zebru wrote:I'm still very bitter with how post-customization poogle look. They ruined them for me forever.
Neither of these two colours redeem them.
What changed with the customization that make you hate so much the new Poogle?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Darigan wrote:What changed with the customization that make you hate so much the new Poogle?
Erm.. are you sure you want to hear all this? It'll be lengthy.
First you need to understand my level of obsession with poogles. There are a lot of pets I like (both here and on subeta) but white poogle was miles above any other for me (pre-customization one still is). First thing I did when I was frozen over a year ago was to get one and paint it white again.

Now observe:

The new one lost a neck and instead they made the neck area its chin - for me it now looks like a barbie doll whose neck you broke accidentally so you pushed its head lower down to keep it on (who here hasn't done that ever?). The shape of the mouth changed along with shading around them (most of the shading basically disappeared) - I don't get a feeling of a round snout anymore - they now look like a mouth on a particularly dim-minded flat faced human. Also the eyes went down in quality a lot - particularly on white poogle. Here's the full sized image of new one's:

These changes don't appear much to a casual observer perhaps but all together to me they mean a world of difference. I always thought of Shroomy's poogle as a little masterpiece of symmetry and proportion but the new one lost that for me. It just looks like a grotesque distortion of something I loved.
Ok, all of this will possibly make very little sense to someone who didn't gaze adoringly at the old white poogle daily for two years but then again you asked for it :P
Last edited by zebru on 19 Sep 2007 03:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Actually zebru, I found that very useful. When you broadcast your dislike for the new Poogle, on occasion, I often think "What are the differences that she doesn't like". But now I can see them too and I agree with you, they really aren't all that nice any more, the lack of shading in the snout area and the neck kind of bothers me too now. While my dislike is lesser than yours it's still there.

Hoewever I have to say I really like the Halloween Poogle in the costume, not so much without it, it's one of the better pets they have released since customisation, given the limits they have.

Electric is Electric. At least the Electric markings are visible, unlike the dreadful Koi. (unless of course you like them being "hidden")