Glowing and Faerie Jetsams

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Glowing and Faerie Jetsams

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage
Ever since the revamp I've been unable to take Jetsams seriously. I never thought I'd see a Faerie Jetsam, and I'm still not sure I have... its wings look... strange... Though I have to admit, the Glowing one has some class. Now if only it didn't look like it was about to say 'put up your dukes'....
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Nectaris

Re: Glowing and Faerie Jetsams

Post by Nectaris »

Personally I actually like jetsams better since the revamp. They actually look like they have some life in them, which is kind of unusual for the revamped pets. As far as the new colors go though, the faerie just looks odd. The fact that the second dorsal fin is somehow in front of it's wing just makes it worse. The glowing is pretty nice though, even if a little bland. I'm kind of surprised that they didn't release a color with clothes like desert or royal though.
Image Image Image Image Image
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

Jetsams look terrible since the revamp...not at all streamlined as a I would want a shark to be. The glow on the glowing one is nice but the faerie is awful, it looks way to sharp for my taste and the colour scheme is just boring.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I like the faerie's color scheme; it's suitably underwater-y. The wings look stupid, though, just like all wings in the new system. Glowing is... well, it glows. What more can you ask for, I guess.
Strick

Post by Strick »

There's something about the Faerie look that I don't like. Maybe it's because the color scheme reminds me more of an electric paint job than faerie. Also, although the wings are much better than the faerie eyrie's wings they just don't look right on the jetsam.

Glowing glows yawn.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

The markings really strike me as looking more like electric. I want to like the Faerie Jetsam, I really do, but it's not working for me. The dorsal fin in front of the wings, which are ... interesting ... well, something's just off. The colors are nice?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Oof. I opened this topic, and Derek leaned over, laughed, and said, "What, is that from '96?" They just look so old, so bad. The fact that they're new makes it so much more pathetic.
Image Image
Danish

Post by Danish »

I actually quite like the new Jetsam. It's better than the old standard pose by a long shot, but the fists kind of ruin it.
I agree that Faerie kind of looks like electric, also the wings don't really look like wings, more like enlarged fins, or some sough of super hero wings.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I think the wings looks like enlarged fins because they're supposed to be enlarged fins. ;) But yeah, they're still ugly.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

The new Jetsam looks fat. Too fat.

Glowing is... glowing. Which is somewhat disturbing, because I find it to be as good as this Faerie. Those wings look horrible, and sharp enough to cut someone's head off. And that second dorsal fin makes it look even worse. I'm sure flying sharks don't work that way.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Faerie is... odd. The Jetsam is a shark pet, so why do I find myself thinking "bat" when I look at this? It also reminds me of some (non-aquatic) Pokémon or other, but I can't think which. The colours, however, are quite pretty, and I rather like the spiked eyebrow.

Glowing, well, I'm annoyed they haven't come up with a glowing pet that isn't green yet, but the Jetsam, new Faerie pose and Mutant aside, was never a fountain of originality. For a green-glowing pet, then, this isn't bad. The glow seems just subtle enough not to hurt.

I still maintain that there is no way a fish should have legs.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Augh, I am not a fan of the...shine? that is on the body of the Glowing Jetsam. Looks like someone did a quick colourfill of the Gold Jetsam and forgot that glowing doesn't reflect like a trophy. The shade of olive used for belly shading is pretty blah as well.

As for Faerie? Um...nice touch on changing the eyebrows, I guess. Everything else has already been said.
Subeta
EofS

Post by EofS »

For anybody wondering why these aren't turning up on the front page, it's because TNT have used a different url format *headdesk* So we can't display them using the standard form input. (Also when I went in to see what was wrong the faerie jetsam had been put in as a png, and they're both gifs.)
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

...Uh.

Why on earth did they put that type of wings on an aquatic creature?It's like someone stuck a piece of cardboard back there. It's /faerie./ Use /faerie/ wings on something like this. Something with a little flow? Two sectioned wings, like some of the others have. I like the colours, even if it is oddly electric.

Glowing one has pixellization on it. How the heck did they manage to get harsh /pixel/ on something like that?
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Am I wrong or was it the per day with the least number of wearables released?

Still no Royal and the worst faerie so far... Poor Jets. :(