Darigan and Skunk Xweetoks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Darigan and Skunk Xweetoks

Post by varii »

ImageImage

I'm not sure about how I feel about skunk, but darigan is so bad it makes me laugh. They should just give up all together on that color.
rei @ neopets
Kantark

Re: Darigan and Skunk Xweetoks

Post by Kantark »

oh... my immediate reaction was surprise at Darigan Xweetok I thought it actually looked good :shock:

It finally seems that Darigan has turned into a parody of itself (might explain why I liked this one - I liked the Darigan Poogle). The random ear-spikes and, well, spikes on *everything* really top it off nicely :P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
devilpirate

Post by devilpirate »

I really don't like the darigan. Kind of looks a bad version of the mutant Xweetok. It just feels too cluttered in the face. But the skunk is actually pretty cute. The white on it's forehead is a nice touch
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I may be the only one who likes the darigan one, at least for the most part. I like the eye color, but it looks like they tried to make it look sly and sad at the same time, which doesn't work. The spikes on the ears are a little odd, but aren't bad. Overall I like it.

I am unsure of how I feel about skunk. While there are species that do have the divided stripe, I am not sure I like it that way. Anyways, the idea is good, especially as I have always thought of them as looking like a type of musteline(weasel family).
Image Image Image Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

First impression of Darigan: "WTF did they do to the Mutant Xweetok?"

Darigan is now officially dead to me. It wouldn't be a bad color if that face were different, but the expression absolutely kills any potential that color had.

Skunk looks darker to me than usual; I wish they would have added a splash of white to the mane, even if that's not very skunk-like, but I do like how they decided to run the stripe down the back.
Danish

Post by Danish »

What is wrong with the Darigan's head?! I've been staring at it for a few minutes now and still can't make sense of it? The spikes on the ears look really strange along with the horns, wing spikes and spiked hairpiece with that swirly black marking on either side make it look really cluttered. If you put the finger over the top of its head it's not too bad, but otherwise it just looks like it's wearing a big crown of trash. The eyes are also very strange. They look more drunk than sly, more suited to a Zombie pet I think. Oh well, it's not like they can do much with Darigan these days anyway.

Skunk is alright, although not a very popular colour. At least it's not butchered up like the Darigan one.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ugh, the eyes plus the weak but huge smirk on the Darigan make it look sickly instead of menacing. "Heh heh heh, one step closer, and I'll give you the FLU!" The color is ok overall, even the eyes, and I like the rest of the pet. But when one's eyes naturally focus on the eyes of a character (real or fictional), that one feature can kill it outright. The horns look slightly skewed, but they don't bother me as much as the eyes. I like the sinister Darigans, not the dopey-looking ones.

The Skunk is nicely done but a bit too dark (the "lit" areas could be a lighter shade), although that could be partly the monitor I'm seeing it from.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

The Skunk looks good to me. I really wish they had different poses somehow to avoid the 'fists of doom' but otherwise decent.
The Darigan one looks like it just got back from shore leave on Krawk Island. I'm guessing they meant it to be sly or slightly menacing but it simply looks drunk. Fortunately there are those censor blocks that might help here...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

I thought the same about if that was a "grab mutant - add spikes, horns, wings, fluff". The horns seems to don't come from the skull, that's because the ears are in front of it, instead of below or behind the horns. If xweetoks have big hears, why to make horns? Put frills or wild manes or mohawks, or a single horn on the forehead. Don't like that smile either... and the got-high eyes are very odd, not evil.

Darigan lines are definitivelly dying :(

EDIT: I forgot to say that I actually like the skunk one. Love those stripes over its head too.
ImageImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yes, I think Darigan just looks dopey. Darigan pets are supposed to look EVIL, not stupid.

I like the double stripes on the Skunk, though.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Darigan is awful. It looks like it's on drugs. Those horns are the silliest part.

I didn't even notice how lovely Skunk was because I couldn't see past the awful Darigan. Skunk is great. They might've made the top of the Xweetok's mane white, like an actual skunk's head is white, but it's nice the way it is.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

What in the name of...? That's a DARIGAN?? XWEETOK?? Darigan sinister-style and Xweetok elegance shouldn't combine into something so freakish-looking. The expression is the worst. When TNT said they were working on beaten/ill pets I didn't think they meant that they were turning one of them into a Neopet. If it had a classic expression of Darigan hauteur (like the Dari Kougra, a pet I adore), it wouldn't be bad. Alas. I'm half tempted to spike Maddie's lemonade with a morphing potion (he's currently a Xweetok) just so there's no chance of his turning into one of these.

...but then again, that might mean missing out on the Skunk version, which is actually pretty darn snazzy. There's something about it that's just a little more swish than your average skunk pet, and is a nice option for someone who wants a non-girlish, non-cutie Xweetok, or a pet to be an upcoming agent of evil (c'mon, can't you see it?).

Actually, on looking at the Darigan again I realise the wings are quite attractive. Unfortunately, they probably aren't customisable. That expression for those wings is *not* an adequate trade-off.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fury

Post by Fury »

If it wasn't for the Darigan's expression (which seems to say "Kids, I've got a terminal disease and won't be coming home this Christmas"), I'd quite like it. Why did they give it that ridiculous face?!

The skunk is okay, but they should have incorporated some white into the hair around the neck. It's too black as it is.
Lark

Post by Lark »

I don't like the Darigan Xwee at all. As if the rest isn't bad enough, the poor thing looks like it's high.
Skunk is actually pretty cute and one of the better skunk pets :D
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

The Darigan Xweetok is an emo, winged chipmunk/smurf who happens to have bad allergies. Not Darigan.
Skunk Xweetok? It looks like a North American skunk, with the two stripes. I like it.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(