Christmas Gnorbu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Christmas Gnorbu

Post by Officer 1BDI »

This is odd; I don't remember this being announced in the news, but sure enough, I found someone on the site with a Christmas Gnorbu.

It looks very much like the Gnorbu from the AC animation (unsurprisingly). I really like the colors they used for this one (nice shade of green for the wreath-like mane), and although I'm not a fan of the lights, I'm sure they're removable. Incidentally, I really like the bow for some reason. Overall, a very nice pet, IMO.

ETA: If you go to the owner's userlookup, you can see how painfully blurry the Gnorbu is compared to her other pet. This seems to be a growing trend with new items and colors. :(
yvonne_l_d

Re: Christmas Gnorbu

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Except for the lights, I love this pet. Great combinations of colour. The dark forest green goes well with the pale green shadows. The red is nice and doesn't clash. Overall, really nice.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I dunno why people don't like the lights. Then again, I also like the baubles on the Christmas Ogrin. I just have a thing for lights and baubles, I guess. I like this pet a lot more than I would've expected myself to.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Wow, it's a Gnorbu that I genuinely wouldn't mind having. The end of the world must be near.

I too have to say that I don't like the lights, they just strike me as... odd. And potentially dangerous to the poor little llama thing.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

I love this! SO much in fact, that I just created Tynsul the Christmas gnorbu. I'm going to get a mutant gnorbu as well to keep with the species theme.

Interestingly, neither the bow or lights were removable when I had a look in customisation. Though, personally, I quite like the lights.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Officer 1BDI wrote:ETA: If you go to the owner's userlookup, you can see how painfully blurry the Gnorbu is compared to her other pet. This seems to be a growing trend with new items and colors. :(
Auuuugh. That makes me want to clean my glasses. Only that won't fix anything. ;P Have they fixed whatever other blurry stuff they released, yet?

I'm kind of disturbed by how the lights don't have any wiring visible--guess that the Gnorbu is like Fester Addams somehow?
Image Image
Danish

Post by Danish »

I think this is a great pet, not overdone. The light look great, adding a little bit of colour. I don't see why there'd be any wiring for them though. That would kind of look strange. The bow looks quite nice too.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Ah, a nice, white Christmas pet. Not that an overdone one is much of a problem with customization, now. Gee, that's awfully optimistic of me, given my normal behaviour. Whatever. Good addition to Christmas pets and Gnorbus. May they have many happy creatures...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I like this one, I really like the color combinations on this. I am unsure if I like the lights or not, but they might be removable, I'm not sure though.
Image Image Image Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I'm not a huge fan of Christmas colors, but I really like this. Especially the lights. :)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I love this! I love the the lights; it wouldn't work as well for me without the lights. That bow is too adorable! I wouldn't mind having this pet. It's probably one of my favourite Christmas pets so far. :)

I'd like to see what's removable and how the stuff looks on other colours.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

A friend of mine owned one until recently, I'll check if he still have it, and will ask him what he can remove.
Aline

Post by Aline »

I liked Christmas Gnorbu a lot, in opposition to Christmas Grarrl.

NT Editorial:
Hi, TNT! *Offers plate of cookies* I was wondering if Gnorbu can be painted Christmas because of the December 17th Advent Calendar. Thanks! ~kittycat_sleeps
Yup! We snuck that one in under the radar. Shhhhh...
http://origin.pets.neopets.com/cp/q8bhl ... =941792413

Look, they are using new linking stuff!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Nothing was removable when Helmcargh checked.
Helmcargh wrote:I love this! SO much in fact, that I just created Tynsul the Christmas gnorbu. I'm going to get a mutant gnorbu as well to keep with the species theme.

Interestingly, neither the bow or lights were removable when I had a look in customisation. Though, personally, I quite like the lights.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Whoops, somehow missed that. :oops:

Ah, darn! I really like the bow. But I don't mind this one's colour scheme, for once, so I don't mind the items staying with it as much.