Fill the pet db: 30 missing old ones pg5, new pets pg7

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Call for help: post-customisation URLs

Post by Jazzy »

Teknou is a female Tyrannian Nimmo on the userlookup. *deletes*
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Adi, sorry, but that's wrong. We already know that Teknou has the wrong image on the userlookup, it's a weird glitch which means that the .png doesn't get properly updated after the pet has changed gender.

F grey yurble: http://pets.neopets.com/cp/whlrwjl8/1/2.png http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... now_sky_xX
Neopets wishlists: here
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Oh, I should have compared them first. I'm starting to think that the rest of them will probably require us to Neomail a few of the active users with the grandfathered versions and ask if they could possibly give us the combination of the converted version. Then again, I'm not sure if that is considered as harrassment or what they would think about receiving a fairly random Neomail.

I suppose someone could try the Neoboards so they can come to us as opposed to us asking them. I'm not sure how successful that would be though.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think the neoboards are a better bet than neomails - also, I know several of the missing pets are available from users here, like the female plushie hissi.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Neopets wishlists: here
oogabooga

Re: Call for help: fill the pet db - last 33 missing ones pg5

Post by oogabooga »

I believe the asparagus and baby chias (both male and female) are the grandfathered versions - they look identical to the old version, and they don't have the stupid holding-nothing arms. But I could be wrong.
EofS

Post by EofS »

oogabooga wrote:I believe the asparagus and baby chias (both male and female) are the grandfathered versions - they look identical to the old version, and they don't have the stupid holding-nothing arms. But I could be wrong.
Strangely enough, they are the updated versions. You're right that they look wrong, but the females have eyelashes and manipulating the url produces the alternative emotions. Odd.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Female Plushie Buzz

http://pets.neopets.com/cp/3owns9fv/1/2.png

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Hooja

I think I submitted it right, she's mine so I got the code from the 'Convert' page.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Re: Call for help: fill the pet db - last 32 missing ones pg5

Post by Foghawk »

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=mrsbaronee has a female grey Techo. Dragged up with Windows Live search via Dogpile. So far everything else has nothing, but I'm still looking.

Edit: Finished the list. Dogpile passes searches on to Google, Yahoo, Ask, Windows Live, About, MIVA, LookSmart, "and more", so we're just about searched out. I guess we're heading to the boards, then?

Edit Edit: I'm sorry, that was a grandfathered version. I didn't realize. Delete it. There were tons of Windows Live results, though, so I'll pick through them. That, and check more carefully this time. Eheheh.

Edit Edit Edit: No luck. Almost all grandfathered; the rest clothed.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So how awesome are you guys? We've had this epic quest to get the database back and you guys all ninja in together and get it done. Massive props!
Feathercircle

Post by Feathercircle »

Neoboards are probably our best bet for 100% completion, but has anyone else tried hitting up any of the petpages which have species or color directories? It's kind of a long shot, but I managed to locate one or two of the missing pets earlier by utilizing them.

Edit: I just looked at the new database system and I was going to squee at you guys for making it possible to view old and new poses together on the same page now... but it looks like there's something weird going on. This may just be a problem on my end, but all of the Robot pets appear to have nothing but identical images- despite having clearly different URLs, all expressions for both genders look exactly the same. None of the other colors have this problem, as near as I can tell.

Am I doing something wrong, or do we have a glitch?
ImageImage
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I haven't looked, but it's quite possible the Robots don't have distinct emotion poses until you take the casing off.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Robots expressions don't change - casing or not. TNT decided to save themselves some work I guess.

I checked all relevant petpages earlier today using this:
http://www.neopets.com/~Tinsel295

None of the ones we are missing are there in the form we need them.

How about someone posting the list of 32 we need with a nice explanation on PPT forum? Maybe one of NCers with longer history there?
There's a lot more people frequenting those forums and there's a chance some of them might own some of the pets we need and wouldn't mind removing extra clothing/look up the convert page/maybe even change gender temporarily to help us out. I'm not sure how big jellyneo and neolodge forums are but they may be worth taking a look perhaps. Feel free to say this is a bad idea if you think so.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Madge

Post by Madge »

I posted on the Neoboards, though it was a low-traffic time of day so...

In any event, I got no responces on the board, so after an hour I left the board and asked people to neomail me. I got a neomail from someone telling me to go to neocolours.me.uk (I didn't bother, because I don't like the looks of that site!), and another person telling me they owned a cloud jubjub and if that would be any help. Which was sweet, but not helpful.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Hm, that's pretty much what I was expecting Madge.

What's the rules on posting the names of offsite websites e.g. "Neocolours needs your help!" I seem to recall them saying we can't link to them, but we are allowed to mention them if they are fairly well known to be safe...but are we deemed to be well known enough?

Either way I'd like to help but my account looks "n00bish" because I haven't really worked on avatars, pets or stuff on this account so I'd probably be ignored.