Pruning, and what you guys think.

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Illuen

Re: Pruning, and what you guys think.

Post by Illuen »

Madge wrote:Everyone except you, Jazzy. I couldn't do all the fancy webcoding that you do.

You'll have to take one for the team and not be absorbed into the Madge Collective, you will code feverishly whilst the Madge demands forums devoted entirely to dirty words which can be found in the digits of pi.
Strawberry Limeade wrote:
Madge wrote: "Congrats on getting your license, Fred! In other news I just got to have a threesome with two hot chicks...", that sort of thing. I like it a lot. That said it is kind of bad when people post weighty issues in it, because who can post "I got a letter saying my units were rescaled and I got 2% more in Hydraulics which means my Credit became a Distinction" after someone's said they were in a car accident and killed 4 small children
Gosh, I want to read the AaToW thread that Madge reads.
Hey, hey, all we need to do is encourage people to post more acheivements about having hot threesomes. And if my idea of the Madge Collective is realised, EVERY SINGLE NEOCOLOURS MEETUP EVER would become a hot lesbian orgy. Where do I submit my proposal? Seriously!
The last NC meetup I went to was a hot lesbian orgy. You'd be suprised at how much sex I did not have, however! (Speaking of which, I need to post those pictures *goes to find*)
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Maybe that's because you're male?

The up/down thing is now in the blue bannery bit of Subeta-related forums and topics only, plus the Subeta index. It requires the four most recent people to agree in order to display "subeta is up/down"; fewer, and it will say "subeta is probably _, but this needs confirmation". Once five people agree, it shouldn't accept any more confirmations, but it will accept people who disagree.

If anyone gets an error message along the lines of "notice: undefined index f", please give me the page URL.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

"Sorry, but you've already confirmed Subeta's status recently. Please wait a while before trying again."

I just got that when I tried to flag Subeta as down. How often are we allowed to try and say whether it is up or down?

EDIT: Hmm...never mind, it just let me say it was down.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It works out whether it's up or down based on the last five submissions, so if you're one of those five, you're not allowed to submit it again. It's to prevent people flooding the system with false reports.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Speaking of Subeta being up/down and that little thing you added, is the Turmaculous (..did I spell that right? XD) alert going to return? ...did it already and I'm just a moron? XD
The last NC meetup I went to was a hot lesbian orgy. You'd be suprised at how much sex I did not have, however!
Hey, you need 4 people to make an orgy. We were having hot lesbian threesomes.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I - I want to know more details about this hot lesbian threesome :(

C- Can I come?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Madge wrote:I - I want to know more details about this hot lesbian threesome :(

C- Can I come?
Well, it wasn't really a lesbian threesome, since Will wasn't allowed to participate, so it was just like. Normal.. lesbian stuff.

But sure :D Next time you're in America, look us up!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

...you know, that hadn't even occurred to me, despite the fact that I just coded a feature based on it. Sure, I can bring that back today; I've a six-hour break before my next lecture.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Aand we now have a Turmaculus alert at the top of all the Neopets-related forums, and on the Neopets index.

Things to note:
- you can't currently flag an alert as false. I'm going to see if that's much of a problem before I code it in.
- clicking "click here to set a Turmaculus alert" does not actually set one, it takes you to a page where you can set one. I'm reluctant to make it set one on that click, because that's not how the Subeta alert behaves, so I think people will accidentally set alerts when they don't mean to.
- it bases it on three people's Turmy reports - one and two people, Turmy "might be sleeping lightly", three people and he "is sleeping lightly".
- if you are among the last three Turmy reports, you can't set it again. This might prove to be a problem (ie, it doesn't let a person set the alert if they confirmed the last one, as an unwanted side-effect), but I'm keeping it for now and will again see if it is a problem.
- all alerts disappear at the end of the hour, because Turmy does.
- the alert page links to picovamde's petpage, where Turmy's waking times are predicted.
- my music player once again proved that whenever I code things, it puts Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's So Far on.

Turmy is due to be wakeable at either 8am, 9am, 8pm or 9pm NST today, so if someone could watch out for those times and set the alert when he is, I'd be grateful (I've a lecture during the first two, and will be asleep during the second two). I've tested it for one person setting an alert, but haven't tested the confirmations because it, of course, won't let me.

Is there any demand for an automated Snowager alert? It's easy to do since he sleeps at the exact same times every day, but I'm not going to clutter up the forum header if people don't think it's needed. Again, neopets-related forums only. (The problem with coding this kind of thing is it always makes you think "what else could I do?" I'm not about to build us an item database or anything like that, but if people are still collecting avatars, it would be easy to make a simple list of images and names and allow people to keep track of which avs they have and need here...after all, we're all already members here, and Avatarlog deleted most of our profiles...)
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Jazzy wrote:- clicking "click here to set a Turmaculus alert" does not actually set one, it takes you to a page where you can set one.
I don't think that's a problem - it can be interpreted either way.

The turmaculus is awake at 8am NST. Now we just need someone to confirm.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I think I'm fashionably late to the party but the up/down thing is genius.
I am totally not just posting this to look at my new sigs, they're on a rotation, is that ok? :3
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Just want to say that I LOVE your signature Kidnemo, Skins is awesome.

Also, I'd like a Snowager alerts as well.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Sorry, but you've already confirmed the Turmaculus' status recently. Please wait a while before trying again.
it's been 3 days since i confirmed a turmy alert (it was in response to oogabooga's post above). i guess it's the 5-person rule, but it's a little odd to get that message days later.

anyway, i like the feature (and the subeta one). i've been trying to use them when i can.

edit: i just tried for about the 4th or 5th time to set a turmy alert but was once again told i had confirmed one too recently to be able to. i understand why it's happening but i thought i'd mention it again anyway. (i haven't confirmed one since the 15th or whenever the original post was.)