Disco and Shadow Scorchios

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Disco and Shadow Scorchios

Post by varii »

ImageImage

I don't like Scorchios at all. They are one of the pets that if I get them in a lab zap, I'll morph my pet right away. However, I think both of these are nice examples of their colors. Disco is fun and I like the contrast. It actually has accessories and the glasses actually fit its face, which is impressive for TNT. Shadow is really nice for the color. I especially like the eyes.
rei @ neopets
Kantark

Re: Disco and Shadow Scorchios

Post by Kantark »

I dearly love Scorchios - from their so-last-century naff cartoon dragon design to their Fast Show-inspired name - so I may be a little biased. However they're both not bad- Shadow is actually rather good for the colour. Good choice of shades of grey while the nice blue highlights on the wings stop it looking totally monochromatic and flat. Disco is the usual Disco mess, if you've always yearned for a Neopet that looks something akin to Elton John in the early 80's then it's your lucky day :P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Kantark wrote:I dearly love Scorchios - from their so-last-century naff cartoon dragon design to their Fast Show-inspired name - so I may be a little biased.
I'm not ashamed to admit that my news post got delayed a little whilst I ran off to youtube to dig up some Chanel 9 videos ;0) Scorchio!
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The yellow belly on the Disco one hurts my eyes for some reason, but both are good. Especially the Shadow one; it's not so dark like the Uni.

I thought both colours existed before customization, though. o-0
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

The shadow one is really nice. I actually really like the colours used in shadow pets but I always forget that I do. So its nice when I see one and remember.

The disco one hurts my eyes too. I hate hate hate the colour of the wig and stomach and the gradient of the glasses. The glasses look particularly wrong to me, I think its because of the cartoonishness of the species next to the more real looking sunnies.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I think both are good colors. I like that color scheme for the Shadow pets.

The Disco one's wig make me think of a brain, or the cranberry (or was it raspberry?) jelly that we got from the AC one year. lol