Altador Cup III

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Altador Cup III

Post by Seerow »

Haha 63 points, that's about 60 points more then I thought I would get. I can get two of the slushies for my gallery at least, but all the prizes were pretty crappy looking. The art on them look really dated.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I have a feeling that they made the prizes ahead of time...cuz seriously...a haunted woods figure thing? o_O wtf..
Image Image
ImageImage
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Wow, I thought Shenkuu really had 3rd place. I was surprised that Roo got 1st, but I think they were neck and neck w/ KI. You're absolutely right, these prizes are suckage. I have 903 points, and I was just gonna dump em all in that SS plushie because that's all I played. I played a whopping 6 games of YYB. 1 win, 5 ties. I'm really glad I didn't put anymore time in it than I already had. I was saving up money for a potential PB that other people were gonna sell from their YYB points. Well, there's always a war/ decent plot to anticipate.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I think the Krell Vitor Toy was stuck in there because, according to the Neoboards, his character's being retired after this year.

This does not excuse the complete lack of higher bracket Roo Island-themed prizes. *continues fuming*

ETA: I was also really surprised that Shenkuu didn't snag third; congratulations to Lost Desert!
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Damned sons of bitches. Once again Neopets has wasted my damn time. Time that would've been spent doing something just as worthless, but... C'MON!

And the cost of the prizes is dumb. 16 items at 15 points, 16 items at 30 points... Then jerseys at *250* and *500* points? What?!
Cranberry wrote:I would rather have waited a few weeks for RI, KI and LD-specific prize shop items -- jerseys, plushies, whatever -- than have the prize shop open today and suck like this.
My thoughts exactly.

::throws ugly ass smoothies at TNT::
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I feel a flood of editorial questions concerning the cup to the NT!
Image Image
ImageImage
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

lavender wrote:Damned sons of bitches. Once again Neopets has wasted my damn time. Time that would've been spent doing something just as worthless, but... C'MON!
That quote made the rest of my night. :D I love how you admit your time would be of better waste elsewhere.
I'm still complaining about losing to LD. (I mean, we're Ninjas :P ) It feels like some random team out of 16 was chosen to compete against the top three. I wouldn't be as angry if I had the 3rd place trophy to show for my team. But if nothing else, I'm happy with the avatar and the sidebar. Those were the best prizes offered if you ask me.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Bif

Post by Bif »

Sidebar? Did I miss something? How did you get the sidebar?
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

This really sucks for anyone who put any amount of time in. Thankfully, I had just enough points for the only item I really liked, which was the Slushie Slinger Plushie, but seriously, I was ready to blow a lot of Neopoints on the items I couldn't get but wanted and thankfully (for me), there are none. Though I might buy a Fire Yooyu depending on how low their price falls.

If anyone here is selling a Fire Yooyu for a nice price, let me know.
Last edited by Jamie on 22 Jul 2008 07:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I totally forgot to play in the finals. Bad me! For some reason I expected them to last longer.

But, yay, we won! Too bad none of the prizes are worth getting, makes me glad I put in just enough work for the avatar.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Cranberry wrote:...And of course people are blaming the Roo Island players for the prizes sucking. They say that if KI had won, a Pirate PB would have been the top prize, obviously. Heh. Remind me to ignore the neoboards entirely next year!

(There should have been a PB, though. We could have had rainbow, at least!)

I would rather have waited a few weeks for RI, KI and LD-specific prize shop items -- jerseys, plushies, whatever -- than have the prize shop open today and suck like this.
I think it's poor that there aren't any RI winning themed prizes- and yes, I would rather have waited for them to produce them than have the prize shop straight away. It isn't as if they had all 16 teams to prepare prizes for- they could have done two or three for both RI and KI. And a paintbrush wouldn't even need preparing. Even for people who don't earn the points to get the brush, it helps to deflate them a bit- and it isn't as if people couldn't have predicted the brush would drop in price and would have lost out by buying in the last month or two.

However, I didn't play very much; going away on holiday meant I lost momentum and lost interest. So I suppose I didn't lose out by not getting many points, because there wasn't anything good to spend the points on. It's pretty crappy that you can have a Darigan or HW jersey for your pet, but if you were supporting the winning team or the runner up, you can't. I guess they'll have a RI one next year to commemorate this year. Maybe. If they remember.
Neopets wishlists: here
EofS

Post by EofS »

Usul_Princess wrote:I'm still complaining about losing to LD. (I mean, we're Ninjas :P ) It feels like some random team out of 16 was chosen to compete against the top three.
Come on, that's not really fair. We (LD) were in the top four until the last few days last year and have been comfortably in third place since the first few days this year. Whilst there was a scrappy battle going on for the fourth spot, the Lost Desert was never particularly threatened in their position until you guys drew close at the end - 1st, 2nd and 3rd spots were set as KI, RI and LD for almost three weeks.

Please have the decency to actually respect your opponents. Last year you came out on top (making it into the top four, knocking us out) and this year we came out on top. That's how sport works.

With the prizes sucking, I'm with all the others who are glad they didn't bother too much. Though if they had actually put in an LD specific prize (I think something for each of the top four teams would have been nice) then I would have been annoyed if I couldn't buy it. I've supported Lost Desert since Day 1 of Tournament 1, and would be miffed to finally miss out on our special prize ;0) So I guess I'll pick up the slushie slinger plushie and waste the rest of my points on frisbees and slushies for random teams. They could at least have themed the flavours to the team colours!

I'm chuffed with my third place trophy though. Looks good on my mantelpiece lookup. Shame that when it counted we crumbled in front of Roo Island though - at the start of the tournament we beat them in all three games!

Although since I didn't bother to play in the semi final at all, perhaps I shouldn't complain ;0) Congrats to Roo Island - you've worked a long time for it, at last your time has come :0)
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

Things lacking in this year's prizes:
The token 5 point prize
The token stamp
The token bobble head
The token play set
The token action figure
The token paint brush
The token neohome item
The winning team exclusives
The battledome weapon
The TOP prize
Image Image
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

EofS wrote: Although since I didn't bother to play in the semi final at all, perhaps I shouldn't complain ;0) Congrats to Roo Island - you've worked a long time for it, at last your time has come :0)
I meant to say beofore- congrats to LD, you did really well having been a team that hasn't shone before, and to come 3rd is quite an achievement.

Having supported RI from day one of the first tournament, I am really glad we won. I shan't mind if we don't win again soon either- we've been close before and so to go all the way is great, but I'm happy for it to be someone else's turn next year. I just wish there were more prizes to show for it. Oh, and (having looked at all my trophies on my lookup) that I hadn't had to switch to support another team in the final of the first tournament, since I've got a HW one for that, and I'd rather have had RI ones even if they weren't in the top three. But I'm not alone in having switched teams for the final, I guess.
Neopets wishlists: here
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm somehow hoping the freeloaders will all rush to KI next year, though. I dislike some players attitudes about their lost.

ALTADOR CUP IS SRS BSNSS