Bacon

Petpet Park

Post by Bacon »

Excited? I bet you are...

WTF is it anyway, anyone know?
Saturn

Re: Petpet Park

Post by Saturn »

It'd be nice if they gave us some idea as to what the hell it is. From what I can gather though, it's basically Nintendogs with Petpets. At least, it sounds that way, from the whole "train your petpet/dress him up/take him to the park" thing.

But... you can only use those six Petpet species made specifically for the Petpet Park? And not, say, any of the half a billion species already existing? Lame...
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

It looks like yet another way to shameless plug buying RL items. The layout is similar to KeyQuest, which I'm not all that interested in. But I'm so sick of how Neo does this complete 180 about advertizing. They're just whoring themselves out everywhere when 3 years ago it was considered lucid to plug all the time, and just concentrate on the content of the site itself. Not "how many ways can I burn my money?" Seeing it is starting to turn my attitude towards Neo from jaded to sour. Charter is up in arms about Cookie-grabbers, and Neo is too busy counting their $50. bills to notice there's a problem.

I guess it does sound a tad hypocritical to complain about plugging and money when I'm a (not-so-proud) rejoined Charter Member. But apparently I'm not alone in thinking the same.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I have no idea what this is going to be, but it's so exciting-looking! Petpets have been an oddly neglected part of the site for a while, so this came totally out of the blue. And the cast of characters look super (I particularly love Hokuta! My NT quill is already itching...) I wish they'd give us some hints as to what the actual game will be like, though. The mention of chatting in-game suggests it's a "mega-game" like Key Quest... are they really developing TWO of those at once? Hat off to TNT if so...
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I can't work out what it's supposed to do at all... the "about" section lists all kinds of things which you can't do yet. And the link to the NC mall also doesn't seem to do anything. But I don't see that we're losing out by it being there, so I'm not going to complain. Some of the characters are very cute.
Neopets wishlists: here
Madge

Post by Madge »

There's a daily there, some-guy's-name's treasure chest, I did it yesterday and got about 2,000np, and I did it today and I got a yoyo with one of the new petpets on it.

It will probably suck, but the daily is awesome.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

From the NT:
Oh beneficent TNT, deliver unto me an answer to this message. The users cry out in despair over the release of your latest feature, the grand Petpet Park, and have somehow got the notion that it will be a pay-to-play addition to Neopia, akin to the NC Mall. Silence their fears, quell their despair, and deliver unto them your divine answer so that the Petpet Park boards may return to peaceful chat and remain not as repeated curses under your name. ~reclusiarchmikelus
Hark, for we heed their cries and answer thusly, child of Neopia.

Without giving too much away early, we created Petpet Park as a world solely dedicated to Petpets and the Neopians who love them. (We very frequently hear things like, "it would be way cooler if the Petpets were more interactive," so we wanted to oblige.) :) The Petpet Park world uses Neopian characters, settings, and history, so it's still part of the Neopets universe, but it's separate from the site itself. Think of it like… any of the video games we've made (and ones will soon be releasing! *shameless plug*). They're set in Neopia, feature familiar characters and lands, tell Neopian stories, and we dedicate whole sections of the site to letting you know all about them, but they aren't actually part of the site itself. You wouldn't spend your site Neopoints in your Neopets: Puzzle Adventure DS game, for example. Those video games are on their own, self contained. Petpet Park is pretty much like that. (Only it's online and you don't need a game console, but you get the idea!) :)

And yup, it will be free to play. Everyone will have access, and there will be extra things you can purchase with Neocash for use within Petpet Park, just like you can purchase things with Neocash to use on Neopets.

So, the Grand Opening Celebration that you see now is an introduction to the world of Petpet Park. More info on Petpet Park itself is coming soon, and there might even be a small mini-plot starting possibly next week, maybe, but don't tell anyone we told you. :P
The last paragraph in particular is intriguing. Do they mean a new mini-plot exclusive to Petpet Park, or one that will tie into Neopia?
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Looks like the plot has started...

http://www.neopets.com/petpetpark/comic.phtml

Someone's already started a guide here:

http://www.neopets.com/~attackpeaz
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

http://www.jellyneo.net/

Says here the plot is only available in English so no trophies :shock:
Not all who wander are lost.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Well, that reeks. :/

It only took me 10-15 minutes to get through this first task. I don't know whether that's because of my exploring strategy or if I just got really lucky this time....
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Well that sucks :( I knew it was going to be mini, but I was kinda expecting something along the lines of the Shenkuu one.

Wonder when the next full blown plot will be.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.

Post by 23639377 »

Well, I kinda love it! I get a book from the giveaway everyday. There's a plot too! Yay!
(Forum set is under construction)
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Mission 2 is up.

Do this one as quickly as you can; the "game" automatically resets after a few minutes (which reeks, because at least for me maneuvering the item in question properly was really difficult)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Urgh, yes. I think, though, that it might be a number of tries reset and not a timed reset. I too found it difficult to move the object accurately, especially the last time.
Spoiler: open/close
I saw on the Neoboards that moving the egg 145 degrees after lighting one gem would light another one, and that seemed to work for me when I could get the stupid egg to move properly- it kept sticking and then moving too far.
Neopets wishlists: here
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Click
New part of the plot is up. Its pretty straightforward really.
I hope deliberately dying to see what happens for each option doesn't count against my end score (if there even are scores for this plot) :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.