Going to the chapel, and we're--

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Going to the chapel, and we're--

Post by Jessi »

Gonna get married~

Okay, well, we're not really going to a chapel. But still!

I'm sure many of you remember my post about a year and a half ago when I announced that Lindsey had finally popped the question. I said no yes, of course! We didn't start planning anything until March or so of this year, when I was chatting to Ty one day and mentioned I was researching wedding vows for a story I was writing - and it hit me that Lindsey was graduating in May. We'd said we would plan it for after she graduated, so it seemed silly to wait any longer... and here we are today!

I'm sure many of you have also noticed from things I've said in other posts here (or from my LJ) that the wedding is coming up - in fact, it's next Saturday! Eek! I can't believe how fast it's gotten here since the simple planning stages in March! It's pretty freaky, but also pretty exciting!

So I thought I'd share some of the plans :D Originally, we planned to have the ceremony at this lovely gazebo in the park - and these pictures were taken in the dreariness of early April, so that picture doesn't really do it justice. I've wanted to get married in a gazebo since I was a little kid, so it was very special to me... but as I'm sure some of you saw in RLAATOW, the city of Lenexa thought it'd be fun to hold a SPINACH FESTIVAL (of all fucking things!) at that park, around the gazebo, on September 6th >> So we got in touch with the city of Lenexa, and switched to plan B, and now our ceremony will be at another park in the city, on this lovely pagoda-style bridge overlooking the brand new lake:

(the black corners are not due to photoshop. It's due to the fact that my shutter was stuck when I took the pictures xD oops)

It may not be a gazebo, but it is -very- beautiful, so we're pretty happy with that!

The reception will be at Lindsey's parents house, in their rather huge back yard, which is very well-shaded and has plenty of room for tables. My mom, being awesome, made all the centerpieces and the wedding favors, and she's just been awesome with planning - considering she's 630 miles away! It will be a very small ceremony and reception - we just have 39 people attending, including Lindsey and I, but that's exactly how we wanted it, so it's good.

Oh, our colors are ivory, sage green, and earthy tan and greys - everything's very earthy and natural! Our wedding favor is even a daffodil bulb that'll be wrapped in recycled paper to give out. How cute is that? I'd post a photo of the invitations I made, but I don't have one right now... but I will take one to share!

The most exciting part of the wedding is the NC's very own Ty and Joey are coming! I'm so excited about this, more than anything else! We haven't seen Ty since last September, a few weeks after my surgery, since she moved to California (I MISS YOU ;_;) and we've never had the chance to meet Joey, so both of them coming to our wedding (and not just to be guests, but to be our bridesmaids!) is beyond exciting. I pick them up from the airport around noon next Friday - EEE I can't wait!

And the day after the wedding, the four of us plus any of our guests that want to are going to the Kansas City RenFaire, which we thought would be a nice touch to go along with our earthy theme! Besides, RenFest is awesome :3

I ... don't have anything else to share right now, but I thought some people might be curious about the details xD I will post pictures of the invitations and what not soon, when I'm not in the middle of using a cleansing mask on my face (and arms). I guess some girls really do go a bit beauty-nuts in the days before their wedding ;D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Going to the chapel, and we're--

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yay I'm so excited for both of you! It looks really nice. And yay for Joey and Ty!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

What a lovely location! I'm very excited for you and I hope you both have a wonderful day, I'm sure you will! Oh, and you must post some wedding photos!!
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Ooooh, that does look lovely and I'm gllad you found another place to have your wedding ^_^.

The the details sound absolutely gorgeous, I love all those earthy colours and the daffodil favours sound so cute. I hope you and Lindsey hve a wonderful day, you both deserve it and I hope everyone enjoys themselves, especially at that RenFair {I wish we did something similar here, sounds like it'll be a lot of fun}.

I can't wait to see the wedding photos either, make sure to have someone take lots ^_^. Best of luck to both of you.
KauKrazy

Post by KauKrazy »

Wow, the place looks amazing! And I also must say I love all of your ideas - the colours, the daffodils, you have it all so well planned! I am sure it will be the best day of your life and congratulations! It's so good to read someone in this crazy world has found their true love and is getting married :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Horray! Congratulations to you both!

I know it's not a gazebo but the location you found is beautiful.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Yay! It's very pretty. I had a dream about your wedding last night (probably because I saw this post right before bed) and it was fun. And Joey was in Jazzy's body lol. Anyway, I hope your real wedding goes off without a hitch. :)
Image Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Me in Jazzy's body? o_O

Heh, I've been busy trying to finish my dress in time, and I'm happy to say I'm a hem and an underskirt away from being done! It's a little on the plain side, but I think it looks good so far :D
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh that all sounds so great Jessi! I'm so happy for you both. And to have Joey and Ty there, what a great added bonus! I love the colours you picked. I picked girly colours for my future wedding ceremony (light purple, silver and white). Also the place is just so beautiful. I hope everything goes well and without a hitch. I can't wait to see pics of the wedding, though it might make me cry. **sniffles**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yay! *HUGGLES* I spit on the Spinach people. *PATOOEY* *Pew pew pew* Congrats on finding another place in spite of their stupidity.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, sounds like it'll be a fantastic day! I'm very happy for both of you. And lucky Ty and Joey! I want pictures, tons and tons of pictures until my computer crushes with glee.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I must be going crazy, because I swore I'd commented already!

Anyway, congratulations! I'm glad that the location issues worked out well. I think the new location is beautiful, and it will definitely allow for some fantastic photos. Which you must share, of course! =)
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

It all sounds wonderful. Congrats to you both :)
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Squee, squee, EEEEEEEE! *does a happy dance* That's wonderful news. Very jealous of the US NCers who get to come. Of course I shall hold Francis the Kirlia hostage for politely request pictures.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Erm, you're having a weddinging? And why was I not informed of this earlier?

;0)

Eeee! It's here! Nearly. Good luck, I wish I could be there with you both. Big squishy hugs! *Hugs bigly and squishily*