Jetsam Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Jetsam Day Predictions

Post by Nogitsune »

With the excitement of Eyrie Day now past (okay, it's not going to be past, there's going to be like a million Mutant Eyries running around) and even though Bori day has not yet come, the time has come to move on to yet another pet: the Jetsam. These poor pets have been poorly drawn since before the revamp. They still have some colours left, however, that may prove interesting:

Biscuit Image
Camouflage Image
Chocolate Image
Christmas Image
Custard Image
Desert Image
Disco Image
Invisible Image
Jelly Image
Maraquan Image
Royal Image
Royal Image
Snot Image
Split Image
Sponge Image
Zombie Image

Clothing colours this time include Royal, Christmas, Desert, and Zombie. Any time I see Royal as a colour left I think TNT will use it, simply because it means two 'colours' are released even though they are really one. Christmas seems an unlikely choice for this time of year but Zombie could happen. Desert might be interesting. Camouflage, Chocolate, and Jelly are all iffy colours with some pets getting really cool looking versions and others getting really lousy ones. Disco doesn't tend to come with clothing, which is a real shame. Hopefully if they choose to use it they will have at least the decency to not make it glaringly bright. Split is just Split and Invisible is sorta pointless, unless you want to on a pet but not have to look at horrible artwork... Maraquan is even more in the realm of Baby Kwark, though personally I'd love to see them make a hammer-head or even a sawfish. Biscuit and Sponge are pretty much jokes, though I would marginally want one of them over a Custard Jetsam.

Other thoughts, hopes, desires?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: Jetsam Day Predictions

Post by lavender »

Ew, I can't even imagine how awful a Royal Jetsam would be.

I'll go with Camo and Split (I thought every pet would've had that by now).
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}

Post by 23639377 »

They'll draw Maraquan for sharks? I don't think so. But I really want to see one released.

If they're lazy they'd most probably choose invisible.

Otherwise they'll have royals.
(Forum set is under construction)
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Making a Sponge Jetsam work would actually be quite something (and of course provide NT comic writers with material for weeks to come). I don't see an aquatic pet being Lost Desert, though I might be wrong (the golden-brown colours would look really interesting on a fishy pet).

Royal on a Jetsam would be a lot of work for TNT, but kind of cool-- I'd love the idea of some vaguely sinister royals, evil lord and lady types. And of course you could have fun with the flow of the clothes in the water. The problem is the colours. Most of the Royal colour combinations have been (over)done. We haven't got a lot of black, it strikes me. A black cape on a Jetsam royal would be very neat as long as they took care not to make it too much like Hallowe'en.

The others I'm "meh" about. I really never liked Zombie on any pet, Camo is a bit hit-or-miss, and Split has never had ANY originality. (Come on, WHY always purple and orange? Don't say it's the PB description-- the Speckled PB says "ping pong ball spots" or something like that, and look at the Speckled Usul. I have the same gripe with Glowing.) Edible colours are sometimes cute, but I don't think they'd work on a Jetsam.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Edible colours are sometimes cute, but I don't think they'd work on a Jetsam.
I can just imageine one being buscuit colored and crumbling apart in the water. XD

Anyway, royal is the most likely chice, I always felt it was such a lazy one, too. Camo would be nice as long as it's not the same color as faerie. And since jets already have speckled, they'll probably go with split or jelly. :/ Or royal.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I don't think we've gotten a new Jelly pet for yonks, so maybe they'll choose that. Camo would be cool for Jetsams, I think. Can't really do them for biscuit though.

I'm putting my money down on Split and Royal, being an optimist. Otherwise, Split and Camo.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

My bet goes to split and jelly this time. If they can pull off decent royals with jetsam pose as at is now, they are nothing short of miracle workers.
Last edited by zebru on 15 Oct 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Ohh Jetsams. I'm gonna go with disco and zombie. I think male royal could come out pretty cool, but female would just be hilarious. Or sad. Probably the latter.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Louboutins is a winner! Disco Jetsam....yikes. Never saw that one coming.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

*sigh* I knew Royal sounded too good in my head to be true.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Aaahhhhh!!! I never get it right!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D