Nightmare Dragon and Devonti

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Saturn

Nightmare Dragon and Devonti

Post by Saturn »

Image Image

The Dragon could be a bit more... swirly, but I like those tattered wings and the creepy tongue. The Devonti is just freaky o_O Though considering it's a Nightmare pet, it's probably intentional, lol. It looks demented. :D
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: Nightmare Dragon and Devonti

Post by hebdenhippy »

I don't really like the Dragon, it's face looks a little blobby, and I'm not a fan of those swirly ears. The wings are nice though.

I love the Devonti! It looks so demented! And the fur is absolutely gorgeous, the horns are too, I love it ^^ I may have to get one when I save enough for a Mystical Plushie.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Meh, I'm not a fan of either. The Dragon's face is really really messed up, and not in a way that I can just say its Nightmare and be fine with it. The back legs also look more deformed then they should. I do like the long tongue wispy wings however.

And the Devonti's face is also very deformed. I like how the hooves were made pointed though, that's a rather neat idea.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

After the release of the Nightmare Telenine and Irion, these just don't do the same for me. They're both a bit too exaggerated/deformed, especially in the face. The dragon in particular looks strange because the tongue placement makes it look like he only has half of a lower jaw, or that you're looking at the jaw from a straight side view rather than an almost three-quarters view like the top of the head. The wings are really nice, though.

As for the devonti, same deal- head is just a bit too crazy for my liking. It's hard to discern what the skull shape even is with the massive ears and horns going in opposite directions. Negative points aside, I really like the fur detail.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

http://arborish.deviantart.com/art/Nigh ... -101012630

Full version of the Devonti.

The Dragon, is nice. I do not like the Devontis face it looks more dopey than scary.
Image Image
ImageImage
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

The face on the Devonti reminds me a lot of an Antlephore. It has to be the eyes. I do love the expression though and those horns are lovely.

The wings on the Dragon are made of win and I love the ear/spike/things...but that face is not doing it for me. It seems far too convex of a face when I think concave would work better, just for the feel of the nightmare pets in general. Again I say, those wings are some kind of awesome. Shame the face doesn't match up.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

The Dragon looks great (oh hay, that's the first time I've ever said that since it's been redrawn, lol), but the Devonti... looks a little mentally challenged. D:

My only gripe with the Dragon is that the head area looks awfully bland compared to the rest of the body.

I hope they come out with the Nightmare Mahar soon. I'd love to see what that looks like, I'm toying between a Nightmare or Glacier Mahar (for when either come out) for my last pet slot.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bif

Post by Bif »

I'm assuming that we are getting so many Nightmare and Graveyard pets because of Halloween - how many do we have left to go before all the pets have those colours?
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Graveyard: Archan, Celinox, Dillema, Donadak, Dragarth, Dragon, Escalade, Harvester, Illumis, Lain, Legeica, Mahar, Montre, Pherret, and Popoko have not been done. This isn't counting pets that blatantly need revamps.

Nightmare: Anyu, Bovyne, Cadogre, Celinox, Chai, Charlie, Clawsion, Cybill, Darkonite, Demi, Donadak, Dragarth, Feli, Fester, Ghostly, Harvester, Hikei, Hipposaru, Illumis, Kerubi, Lain, Lasirus, Magnus, Mahar, Mallarchy, Malticorn, Manchu, Montre, Mortiking, Paralix, Pherret, Popoko, Ruffie, Serpenth, Sheeta, Swampie, Terracoon, Tigrean, Torrey, Tutani, Velosotor, Wyllop.

16 pets are missing in GY, I think, and ....42 missing in nightmare, unless I miscounted.

The short answer, Bif: A lot left. XD
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I wonder if we'll see a revemp of the GY Demi this month....

I admit I like the Dragon much more than the Devonti, but I think it has less to do with the art itself and more to do with me not liking Devonits very much. I do love its demented expression, though.
HalfLucy

Post by HalfLucy »

I adore both of these. The Dragon has the style of the pre-revamp Dragon, and manages to look more graceful than the non-redraw version. The snout on the Devonti gives it a very pleasant facial expression.

I'm still hoping for a Graveyard Fester Revamp. All these new Graveyard pets look great :D

There's mold on my avocado D:

da: k e c e n (no spaces)
livejournal: k e c e n (no spaces)
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I really like the dragon. It's insanely cool. The tongue, the tattered wings, that crazy smile. I'd say it needs more mist, but then it'd probably be too busy.

Not a fan of the devonti, though. That face is really weird, but the fur and horns are super nice.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Thw Popoko should so be one of those insane large black squirrels who jump on bus windshield's, all claws out!

Yes, 7 years later, I still have a heavy trauma from that trip in Ottawa

So, the Popoko, Mahar, Montre, Celinox, Lain, Illumis, Donadak, Dragarth, Harvester and Pherret are the petswho doesn't come into both colors.

There ae two of these I'd kill to see, eh. And I know the Celinox/Montre would be poplar.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Officer 1BDI wrote:I wonder if we'll see a revemp of the GY Demi this month....
Do not bring that up! D= D= D= I can't handle if Praxid goes the Malticorn way. Or the Sheeta before it. *shudders*
Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I really want a Graveyard Illumis above all else. D: If only because it'd probably end up looking a lot like one of my characters XD