Petpet matches for Royal Peophins?

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Larkspurlane

Petpet matches for Royal Peophins?

Post by Larkspurlane »

There's an older thread here but I didn't see anything that interested me. Tried the Delphin but I'm not liking it much on the RB especially.

The purple colour is a pain to match on the RB, + the fact that I insist that it be a petpet that looks at least vaguely aquatic. So here's what I came up with:
Image Image Image (maraquan quetzal)

& for the RG:
Image Image Image Image

I wish these came in other colours, like faerie for instance :@ -->
Image Image

Any preferences? Or other ideas? Thanks :D
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
varii

Re: Petpet matches for Royal Peophins?

Post by varii »

It's kind of pricey, but I really like the maraquan pofew with the royal boy peophin. It has purple and pick up the blue accents in the cape. I think it looks really nice next to the big image of the royal boy peophin anyway. Plus, it looks like it has boobs, which is something I find absolutely hilarious. Also the regular peo is a nice match.

ImageImage

And just a note, this: Image is a Marafin and was a top level prize in a plot a while back. Unless you are planning to shell out a whole lot of np, I'd take that one off of your list.
rei @ neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Hahaha the maraquan pofew has jellyfish boobs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You know I spent all this time @ the petpet puddle and I didn't once just look at a regular peo?? Wtf!! It matches really nicely, actually, and seems a very obvious choice in retrospect. Duhhh. I'm getting one. Maybe I'll paint it faerie later because they're so pretty.

Speaking of costly petpets, the pofew is listed @ 5m! I wonder what the marafin goes for. Actually, maybe I don't :P

Thanks!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Lark, I really like the faerie bluna on the Royalgirl. faerie PPPB's do things to your bank account in your sleep, so I think you should go with cheaper Maraquan style pets instead:

Image Maraquan Flowper (I have this on my Faerie Shoyru)
ImageMaraquan Snowickle
Image Maraquan Turtum (Very reasonable- about 300K)
Image Maraquan babaa. The most lackluster of the bunch, but the cheapest. (I like Angel fish, and the fact that it was a lamb before doesn't bother me for some reason)

I just did aquatic creature match. For some reason, I have that same hangup about the species looking believably "related" to the pet too. Like a lot of people have faerie Wirbreths attached to their faerie xweetoks because of the color match. I can't get over the fact that it's a chicken. A faerie chicken next to my faerie chipmunk in the forest.. o_O
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Tell me about the faerie pppbs :mrgreen: I had the regular peo for like 5 minutes then I was like "NOPE!! Needs the faerie touch!"... so, half a mill later, I've got one. Now I'm also in love with the faerie primella cuz it's so shinyyyy.

I'm torn between this for the RG (no colour match but it's beautiful & I could redesign it with blue tinges instead of purple) and a baby blu. I'm also eyeing the maraquan snowickle because $ burns a hole in my pocket. You shouldn't have shown me that... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BUT if I get a snowickle then it's only a mil up to a pofew from there. Hmmm. I've gotta get busy making np this week for real :@

Edit: any thoughts for a baby peophin? Also aquatic-based if possible. I'm going to go take a look myself now.

Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Oooh, that's a tougher match if you want an aquatic creature, right now I just have the following:

Image Floud (A good "just for now" pet)
Image Pink bluna
Image Pink Alkenore (Again, not aquatic, but I love alkenores)
Image Pink Nuranna
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
varii

Post by varii »

ImageImageImage

If you aren't set on the Faerie Primella for your royal girl, I think it would also look good with the baby. And I agree with Usul_Princess, Baby Peophins are a tough match. The three I would add to her ideas would be Faerie Searex, Maraquan Snarkhook and the Pink Quadrapus.
rei @ neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Ahhh you guys are good :D When I create her I think I'll go for either the pink nuranna or the pink quadrapus, they're both cartoony looking like her & match her character too (sillier & not so airy-fairy as the royals).

THANKS GUYS! :mrgreen:
Larkspurlane @ neo
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

A little late to post, but for what it's worth - I really the Pink Quadrapus for the Baby Peophin!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}