Neocolours 2008 Christmas Card Exchange!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Neocolours 2008 Christmas Card Exchange!

Post by Jessi »

So just as a warning, guys -- we did our cards tonight and will mail them out early next week! The warning is, our cards were glittery, and because of that the envelopes didn't seal so well.. so they had to be taped xD Well, some did. So uh, prepare to wrestle with taped envelopes ^_^;;;
EofS

Post by EofS »

As another warning, the last posting date from the UK to the US this year is the 10th of December. Ie, Wednesday. Eep! I guess it's similar in the other direction too?
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Nope, the last day of posting from the US to the UK for 1st class mail is the 18th of December. I still encourage people to get their mail out before that, though ^_^;
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Hopefully mine will go out by Wednesday. I still have a few more to finish up but since this week is "dead week" I should have them ready to go soon :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Seerow, we got your cards today! :D They're absolutely adorable - and Wyn loved his 'toy' XD Lindsey and I only buy milk in glass jars from the local co-op now, so we don't get good ol' fashion milk rings - his favorite toy besides twist ties xD he was pleased with it!
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Wow, that was quick. They wouldn't even have gone out until Thursday lol. I'm impressed!
Glad Wyn liked his toy :D Figured he could use some cheering up too! He was going to get a poptart wrapper but I thought that was a bit too strange.

I got Jazzy's card today, and holy crap it's lovely! It promptly went above my comp so I can stare at the pretty birdy. Thank you Jazzy!
Last edited by Seerow on 13 Dec 2008 04:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I got Seerow's card today! It's lovely :D

Mine are gonna be going out kind of late cause I've been crazy with school and orchestra and finals x_x
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Same here, been busy with work and weird stuff. :P Hopefully they'll get out in time.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I got Serrow's and Jessi and Lindsey's cards in the mail today. I aiming for Wednesday to get all of mine mailed out.
Image Image Image
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

We got Seerow's and Jazzy's today!

Seerow, did you make yours? On the back it says "handmade by:", though you didn't write anything there. Heh. If you made it, I never would have guessed. I wish I could be that crafty.

Jazzy, I seriously love the image on yours. You're wonderful. I miss you.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Hehe, yeah, I made mine. I had this card maker kit thingy. I never again want to see those two-sided sticky tabs used for scrapbooking. Those cards took forever to make! I think they turned out pretty well though, hopefully none of them fell apart XD
Lol, I didn't even notice it had that on the back.

I got Jessi's and FMD's today :D Sparkles!! And the picture inside was adorable.
How'd you get the sparkles? Did the cards come like that or did you do it yourself?
Last edited by Seerow on 16 Dec 2008 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I haven't gotten any yet, but I haven't checked the mail for today (it comes at like, 5 PM. Seriously.) However! I sent all my cards out today!
derp
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

They came sparkly, Seerow :D We thought they were so cute (and my favorite colors!)

The picture is of two of our characters, Leif (the brunette) and Zygs (the blonde.. obviously xD) Lindsey drew the entire picture this year (last year we did it together) but it was my idea and pose :D So it's still a joint effort xD And I really like how it came out, hee <3

We got Daisy's card today - Daisy, it was beautiful, and I loved the little cranes xD

Eta - Here is the picture on Lindsey's deviantArt account if anyone wants to see (or wants to see it on the computer after they get their cards xD)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

So far I've got Seerow's and Jazzy's, and they're both really pretty. Your card didn't fall apart, Seerow, it was fine :) And the picture Jazzy drew is adorable.

I posted the cards to America last Wednesday, and the UK ones yesterday. I think I forgot someone's crane because there was one left over, so I'm sorry to that person whoever they are- I don't wish you any less peace than anyone else!
Neopets wishlists: here
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

We got Jazzy's card today - Jazzy, it's so beautiful! I can't wait for Lindsey to get off work and see it, she'll love it :D

We have all the cards hanging up in our living room so far :3