The Haunted Woods and Deserted Fairgrounds Art Update

Post anything new on Neopets here.
varii

The Haunted Woods and Deserted Fairgrounds Art Update

Post by varii »

http://www.neopets.com/halloween/index.phtml
http://www.neopets.com/halloween/index_fair.phtml

So both places got a rehaul. I think it's nice, but the Haunted Woods looks incredibly cluttered to me. Like, do they really need the page with outdated art anymore? Isn't that why we have the rainbow pool?
rei @ neopets
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: The Haunted Woods and Deserted Fairgrounds Art Update

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Ohmygosh, it's... beautiful! OK, so it's odd to call a sinister and malevolent world "beautiful", but WOW. The whole place looks so ghostly and mysterious now.

It'd be awesome if they did a job like this on, say, Tyrannia, or the Art Catacombs.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Those are both really nicely done! I kinda wish there was a way of viewing them without the text/signs, just to look at the world.

The esophagor is dancing. :D
It'd be awesome if they did a job like this on, say, Tyrannia, or the Art Catacombs.
Agreed! I go through the Catacombs every day for Storytelling/whatever and I have to laugh at the doofus group around the Poetry guy. http://www.neopets.com/art/ three hilarious neopet butts: elephante, cybunny & headless skeith. Haha.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Larkspurlane wrote:Those are both really nicely done! I kinda wish there was a way of viewing them without the text/signs, just to look at the world.

The esophagor is dancing. :D
Agreed! I go through the Catacombs every day for Storytelling/whatever and I have to laugh at the doofus group around the Poetry guy. http://www.neopets.com/art/ three hilarious neopet butts: elephante, cybunny & headless skeith. Haha.
That's a Skeith? 0_0 I thought it was a Petpet.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I think it is, hahaha. Look at its wings.

...I just noticed the colour of its wings overlaps a bit on the PG sign. Ahh that's gonna bug me forever.

If they redo this one, I hope they make the Storytelling campfire + the torches on the wall animated & flickering! That would look awesome.

Edit: heyy I never noticed that there's a painter's palette engraved on the roof of (inexplicably enough) the Coin Shop.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Oooooh! I like the deserted fairgrounds one a lot!
The main Haunted Woods one though feels "cluttered". Too many signs pointing to stuff. Like, for some of the less visited places like the coloring pages or the Stone dome, they could just caption what it is when your mouse hovers over it. Other than that, very impressive.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like them both, Deserted Fairgrounds much more though. And since I always thought they were cluttered, they really don't bother me. XD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Weren't these just redone recently? I still loved the original Haunted Woods map :P I still don't understand how the Haunted Woods proper has gone through like three maps now, but the Haunted Marketplace is still ancient ancient art.

I'm not a big fan of the new Haunted Woods, all the signs are very distracting. The Fairgrounds though are very nice.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yeah, the Haunted Woods is overflowing with signage. Why didn't they just add another map to it? Maybe one including the marketplace? I think the light green used for the signs also make them stand out much more.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I find the maps too busy with signs too- but I don't tend to go to the maps very often since I use a dailies page instead. I don't know if signs that popped up on mouseover would be better though because that's quite time consuming if you just want to click to a particular location.
Neopets wishlists: here
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I think they look nice, but weren't really in need of a revamp. There are lands that are far more in need of an art update. Faerieland anyone? But then, Faerieland seems rather forgotten altogether.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Gumdrops wrote:I think they look nice, but weren't really in need of a revamp. There are lands that are far more in need of an art update. Faerieland anyone? But then, Faerieland seems rather forgotten altogether.
I have a suspicion, but only a suspicion, that Faerieland may be involved in the next plot, at which point it will be updated, much as the Space Station was. I do agree, though, that they could have separated the page better or something. Also that it was not in that great of a need of a revamp.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Nogitsune wrote:
Gumdrops wrote:I think they look nice, but weren't really in need of a revamp. There are lands that are far more in need of an art update. Faerieland anyone? But then, Faerieland seems rather forgotten altogether.
I have a suspicion, but only a suspicion, that Faerieland may be involved in the next plot, at which point it will be updated, much as the Space Station was
I keep thinking that (and hoping for it) too. But, plots come and go, and yet, no Faerieland to be mentioned. We're due for a good plot pretty soon, so I'll try to be optimistic.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

In one of the past editorials, TNT said they were planning to revamp the Faerieland map. I don't remember when this was or if it was tied into a plot, but I do remember them saying something about it.