(Old) Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Ierosbats

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Ierosbats »

Yaaaaaaaaay I cracked the safe! I've cracked it either two or three times since I started playing a couple years ago so when the achievement for it came out I was sure I'd never be lucky enough to do it again. The item I got is only worth 400k but oh well! Getting the achievement is reward enough.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Ohh, I'm so jealous, Topher. I've never cracked it at all, despite trying off and on the entire time I've been playing. *rubs you for luck*

Err, in a totally non-invasive, careful way. =D
The Dark Goddess's Quests

Thank You!
Your Reward is:

Immortal Eternal Assassin Belts
0.0 Maleria is totally my new girlfriend.

EDIT:
Petes Quests
High Scores

Thank You!
Your Reward is:

Immortal Eternal Assassin Straps
!!!!

Okay, this is going a long way to comfort my poor, ickle baby can't get in the Cool Kids Shop syndrome. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I say just make another ticket and hope to get someone more helpful. If the person assigned to your next ticket can't help, ask that they transfer you to someone who can restore your items, rather than just saying vague things and closing your ticket.
Well, it's not something UA can fix. It's a layer bug, which means it DOES go in the bug forum. UA can't do a thing about it, as I've done everything for Ty, including giving her advice about how to potentially fix it, I checked her wardrobe...

We're not programmers, sorry guys. If alx caught me there, he'd kill me on spot with his SQLs.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Can't you put someone directly in touch with a programmer, though, or bring a problem like that to their attention? Or even post about it in the "Known Bugs" area? It's just difficult for regular users to trust that posts in the bugs forum are actually noticed/responded to.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, yeah, my problem is that I'm at a dead end--users either contact a UA (and most of us don't know what mysterious "powers" a UA might have, though I think I know, more or less) or post to the bug forum. And the bug forum is a dead end in itself. My items are missing, it's not my fault, I've done everything I can, and... that's it? Why is that it? =(
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

You know, I'll be more than glad to tell you to fill a ticket, and I'll gladly transfer it to a programmer.

And I'll do it. But, do it now, I'm going to bed soon, and odds are low you'll get me online soon, as I have appointements most of tomorrow.
covet

Post by covet »

I just got this RE:

'Oh no! [Sebastian Phoenix] has placed a Gypsy Curse on you! :('

...Does this do anything? It had better not mess with my gradual zombification.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wups, I was knitting and watching Dexter. Hee.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Iggy wrote:You know, I'll be more than glad to tell you to fill a ticket, and I'll gladly transfer it to a programmer.
And my question of the day: why wasn't that done in the first place?
I really really hope you get your items back, in a timely manner at that Ty.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

And my question of the day: why wasn't that done in the first place?
...because bugs really really should go in the Problems and Bugs forum. The Ticket Center is NOT used for bugs. That would be Problems and Bugs forum­. And, we would rather have users use it; it makes it easier for both programmers and us.

If it makes me 'lazy' to tell you to go to the proper person, so be it. I accept the label.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Smaller woe: I lost 500K in a depositing glitch. I was trying to deposit only 500K while having 1m+ out. I hit enter too fast twice. Then I had the small extra change from 1m left over. Ticket center said "sorry". -_-.

500K isn't a gold mine, but I did 93 quests that day. :x
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I feel like giving up on Subeta. But I recently bought a 6 month GA so.... We'll see. :(
covet

Post by covet »

Why do you feel like giving up, Fjorab?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

The problem is that UAs sometimes don't give actual reasons or explanations. I don't know if that's the case here, but it's a LOT more helpful to be told, "At this point, this is something only a programmer can handle. If you post in the bugs forum, I guarantee a programmer will look at it and fix your problem. I'll let someone with more power know that this problem exists." Rather than, "I can't do anything, post in the bugs forum." And the bugs forum, to those not in the know, seems like a black hole where you have no idea if your problem is ever going to be solved.

I've definitely had very polite UAs respond to tickets to clear things up for me. So I'm not bashing the ticket system at all--it's really nice to have fast responses, even if it's just someone saying they can't fix something for you. It's also nice to have an explanation of why and details of what you can do next (and how doing that step will concretely help you). It sucks when you're left dangling, not having any idea if your problem is ever going to solved, that's all.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think Bon summed it up nicely. And like Ty said, the Bugs forum is practically a dead-end. I mean, how many times did people post about items not being able to be removed from the wardrobe? Or about items from the Advent Calendar that are still unsearchable? It gets frustrating to post to the Bugs forum when nothing ever seems to happen.