(Old) Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by lavender »

Whose idea was it to have the shop till achievement go up to 100 million sp? Whhhhyyyy? I just broke 19 million after about maybe a week of saving? Lord... I guess I need to restock more stuff, but restocking (and vending) gets boring. Gah, I'm frustrated. Maybe part of that is the cold I think I'm getting :P

BUT. Last night, I got one of my pets to reach 250 books read, so there's a new achievement for me! Don't know how hard I'll try to get the 300 book achievement. I've also hoarded over 175 books in my vault for the future reading contest (whenever that'll be... probably after the zombie event is done). I'm also crossing my fingers that I'll be able to get to lvl 50 in item hunt, so I'll be done chasing those achievements. Not even gonna try whatever ones are rewarded after lvl 50 :P

And I really wish the old Valentine's Day items would be re-released :(
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I was doing a big batch of putting things into the vault... I hit the "put all in vault button"... went to change my Lizard Trap and Spray to "keep"... and accidentally donated them both. :headdesk:

Watch, now I'll start getting Lizard events again.

I don't BELIEVE I did that. :-(

Given that I only got about 2 items (both worth under 1 million) during the time I had them, I wonder if it's even worth it to replace them, especially as working around them in Quickstock is annoying and there's an excellent chance I'll accidentally donate them again.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh God, Wings, I am so SO sorry. x.x

I sold both of mine a few months ago. I too had both, so I always got the item, but I never once got anything worth over one million sp, and I got a few worth a great deal less. So I just sold mine.

Granted, I was getting ready to zap a pet for treasure, and I was quite sure I'd forget to move them to my shop and blast one into a cube. So that's why I did that. But if I were you, I doubt I'd replace them.

I've had one lizard event since, and I looked up whatever it was and it was worth about 400k. So I remained happy with my decision. But . . .

I am so sorry.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

covet wrote:Why do you feel like giving up, Fjorab?
Just losing interest in it, for the most part. I pretty much go for the chance I'll get that lucky zap into that particular Experiment pet. But the downtime, the annoyance of the Wardrobe malfunction (and no warning that it would be broken has me a little soured)...and Neo just has more things to keep me interested. Subeta is about the art and yous guys. It's not "compelling fun" though.

BUT...now the wardrobe seems to be working now (for most people anyway including me)...and it's really nice. So...there's that little fun element back, yay!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

You've Purchased:
Mysterious Old Box for 9,426,244
Aww crap. I went there originally to buy a Magical Keepsake Box, but was distracted and bought the first thing with "box" in its name. Arg, why did it have to be so expensive X_X Hopefully I can sell it for close to the price and get my money back.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Seerow wrote:
You've Purchased:
Mysterious Old Box for 9,426,244
Aww crap. I went there originally to buy a Magical Keepsake Box, but was distracted and bought the first thing with "box" in its name. Arg, why did it have to be so expensive X_X Hopefully I can sell it for close to the price and get my money back.

*breaks out in hysterical laughter*

.....Seerow, I am SO sorry, but that was my first reaction to that post. I do feel bad you bought impulsively. I've only done that with Neocash. Where I spent at least $35.00 worth of backgrounds before asking Kamil where she got one of hers, and made me realize you can buy them with points and not just real money.Technically you could've bought about 62 Keepsake boxes with 9.4 mil.

Achievement: I hit 20 mil today, and bought 15 Keepsake boxes over the past couple days, so each pet can have at least 12-20 slots. Pretty small amount in the Subeta world as opposed to Neo, but saving constantly makes me feel happy I can buy the Mystical Donadak plushie most likely with partial sP anyway, and maybe a 5000 cash shop credit in the Trades soon enough.

Scrolls up: I've been spammed with those lizard REs ever since I've played. (I would've had like 5 Maliss' now? I didn't know what to do to keep the item at the time. I thought it was a tease. Now I don't even bother because I feel kinda bitter I found out how to keep them 3 Maliss' too late. (Even though I just got another Maliss-Lizard RE 6 days ago.)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Ouch, Seerow! I hope you have good luck re-selling it. If nothing else, maybe it will eventually be retired?

I don't know if it's a tale of woe or not, but I've belatedly started saving up books for the allegedly forthcoming book drive. (There's at least one 150 point item I want this time if they re-use it, plus a few others I wouldn't mind having... plus any cool new stuff that's introduced, of course.)

Man, collecting this many books is a pain in the butt. No wonder I only did 54 last time 'round.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, yeah. Nothing like losing out on a wishlist item in the holiday shop because Subeta decided to wait 30 seconds before loading the code.

I know. I counted.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Was it the Lovu? I'm trying to remember to keep the Holiday Shop open in a tab, since I've been fairly lucky in getting items lately. But I mostly see the overly expensive muffins and chocolate hearts, with a few elephant plushies and heart stickers thrown in. I have yet to see any of the new items that I *really* want. I'm concerned that they'll all be retired before they have a chance to deflate to any reasonable price.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh Ty, that's happen to me so many times I lost count. I've been fast on my typing, it just was the code thing that wasn't fast. **grumbles**

So sorry to hear about the Seerow! I wish you the best of luck on getting your money back. **pats**

I'm also saving up books for the future book drive. I didn't do anything for the last one and missed out on some cool prizes cause of it. This year I won't miss out! It is very tedious though. I'm also hoarding a couple of books in hoping of selling them for a nice profit when the book drive comes around, muha!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I actually just got a Lovu! It was the Froggy Love thing, though. I want that one most of all. Can't believe it went up a million already. WTF.

I also missed the smooches--which are only 30k, so I should just *buy* them, but... I missed them because the code was just off the end, so I didn't see an ascender. I thought it ended in an o but it was a d. Stupidly, they were both real words, sooo.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ty, I have a spare in my vault. I need the three other for Franciis, though =D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Iggy, you are so sweet. ^_^ Thank you!
Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

ERROR! The vending machine is a little confused. Go back and try again! This could be the result of you refreshing on this page :(!
SHUT UP NO IT'S NOT >:(

anyone else getting this? like, a good 75% of the time when trying to vend? it's even more annoying than the glitch I've been getting while doing quests where the "I have all the items!" button randomly becomes greyed out and unclickable, forcing me to go all the way back through the explore page to whatever quest I was on (no, refreshing the page doesn't work).
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Are you using the browser's 'back' function at all? Because that's broken all over Subeta and no one official seems to care.

edit to add minor woe, which I'm guessing is some sort of failure of the system to catch up with the achievement I just got:
Subeta's achievement page wrote:thoughtful's Achievements
Newest

Spreading it around
Spread your disease to 100 other user!
You do not have this achievement!

Spreading it around
You do not have this achievement!
...kay.

edit the edit--

The achievement was there for me on the love epidemic tab, but now it says:
Damn achievement page wrote:Spreading it around
103/100
...and it's grey, as if I've not done what I have done. *throws hands up in despair and gives up* Maybe it'll sort itself out. If not, later on I'll have to do a hand count of my achievements and figure out if it gives me credit or not.
Image Image