(Old) Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by hebdenhippy »

"Someone has sent you a Dusk Giftbox! Check your inventory to see what you got :)"

"Someone has sent you a Red and Green Mini-Giftbox! Check your inventory to see what you got :)"

Yay! Thank you mysterious gift giver :D
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Its that time! Sabastian Phoenix is collecting taxes from the public, and took 5% from your onhand sP, which is 454,348sP :(!
Darn it! So close to the 500k tax achievement thingy. Not that I wanted to lose 500k, but at least I would have gotten an achievement for my trouble.
Seems to be glitched anyway, I didn't get the standard tax one either :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I spent days stalking the holiday shop for wrapping paper, and sorting through wishlists, and finally begging Jessi for aid (in the form of not minding if I threw crappy presents at her) just to get that 100 present achievement. I was really hoping that, in the course of being on the site so damn much to get 100 presents out to people, I'd get ONE freaking snow fairy. Nothing. And now I'm almost out of time.

And the worst thing is that I have freaking snow fairies in my vault from REs earlier in the month. Graahagaharrghahrahahhh! But no REs since achievements came out. I want the damned dress. DAMMIT.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I got one of the snow faerie events before the achievements came out, too. I doubt I'll get another one before December ends. Maybe they should make snow faeries a winter thing, and not just December? It doesn't just snow in December afterall.

And somebody sent me a giftbox with that last bookmark I wanted it in. Thank you, whoever you are. :D
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Managed to knock a fair amount of the price for an Avian, still ridiculously over-priced compared to what it was for most of the year (8 mill ;_;), but couldn't be bothered to try and get it down to nearer that price. So I bought it and the Impostor Turkey, meaning that my bird minion gallery is complete! Plus I'm not broke, so that's good and gives me a head start on getting the wearables I need.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Been a while since I've had a good one of these ...

Random Event
You notice a Reborn Potion on the ground, but right when you bend down to pick it up, lizard minions come out of nowhere and scurry off with it!

Your trap springs and you spray like mad as the lizard minions escape. They will not get away this time! You place Reborn Potion into your inventory.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Classic Achievawoe: I broke down and bought one of the new Gifts of Fashions Past and wouldn't you know? All five of the items I got were items I already owned. *headdesk*

A couple will be easy enough to sell - the Hazel Morning Bell Duster and the Succubus Arm Tattoos, but still. I was so hoping to get something from either of the Vampire Trunks.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I found a snow fairy while buying other people snow fairies for Christmas. ^_^"

I want to thank the person(s) who have been sending me gift boxes. I loved everything! I so enjoy deleting things off my wishlist. It seemed I did nothing but add things for awhile. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I finished 2 achievements last night - the 500 plushies and the all 9 Luminaire achievements. 100 presents took me *forever*... blah.

AND I changed one of my pets names from Guyver to MacGruber :P (based on the MacGyver parody that Saturday Night Live does) Now I have to fill out his treasure some more!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Gah I was waiting until after Christmas to buy a wishlist item: Worn Jeans. Last I looked they were about 4 mil; now there are none for sale.

I always have trouble finding pants I like and now that I have I can't buy them anymore grr.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Good Job, you beat Daemon for the #1 time!
While running away, the Daemon drops 2,250 sP for you to take!
Ishka gains 125 experiance points for defeating Daemon!
Yay :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Okay, seriously. I'm going freaking insane. I need a fucking snow fairy event and I'm so pissed. I'm tired of the site and its lag. I HAVE THREE FAIRIES ALREADY. I want my dress. At this point I'm so bitter that I'll probably never even use it, always being reminded of trying to up my pageviews through any means possible, playing stupid slots over and over, mindlessly viewing shops, I don't even know what all I've been doing. I'm going INSANE.

Does anyone know if there are any rules against just pressing F5 over and over and over and over and over?

And if that would summon REs or if they're, like, the last things to load?
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I don't know if it would do any good to try contacting someone on staff, but I find it very odd that you haven't gotten a snow fairy event since they added the achievements. I haven't even been on Subeta as much as usual lately, and I've probably found a dozen fairies during that time. So I'm wondering if it's possible that your account is glitched somehow, and events aren't getting through. Are you getting any other random events?

I've found a lot of my fairies while pricing items in my shop, or going to my inventory. Those tend to be the most common pages for me, I think.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm pretty sure I saw that "yo the dude is flying around in his airship!" event. But then like I said I am INSANE. And I have no sense of time. I could be wrong. I have no idea who to contact, either. A user admin?
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Submit a help ticket, though I dunno for sure what category it would go under. Hopefully someone can help you! I've gotten tons of faeries, though just nearly all of them haven't been accompanied with an event, they just pop up in my inventory.