(Old) Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Human avatars

Post by AngharadTy »

The female items from the brass dragon trunk are very pretty, overall, but I can't help but be slightly irked that it's obviously a Westerner's take on the geisha. Some features are maiko features (maiko are apprentice geisha; they wear heavier makeup, more elaborate clothing, bigger hair, etc.), but there's no red collar, and the overall coloring is subdued. It's just not very traditional.

But then, I'm a Westerner, so what the hell do I know. I only studied Japanese culture/language for a few years. (Long enough to be irritated by the "heeheehee Japan is so awesome!" mentality, not long enough to be taken seriously.)
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm so in love with the new trunk. Both the male and female looks lovely. My wife went and bought the female version and boy does it have some lovely items. The different things you can do with it. I need to check out the males different wearables to see if I need any. I can also see this being a real popular set. I also enjoyed the little story in the news about it.

I made an avatar sporting the new wig. I couldn't help myself, I had too, it's so pretty.
"Who said fall was over?"
It's simple but I like it. I also find I use my red sari a lot. I need to give my blue one some loving. **nods** Maybe I'll make her a twin. **rubs chin**
Last edited by Alicorn on 11 Jan 2009 07:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Alicorn, that's absolutely beautiful! I love how the avatar itself blends in with the tree, like she's a part of it. Just lovely <3
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Thank you Jessi! ^_^ I love how she blends into the tree as well. Gotta love it when an HA comes together from just playing around.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Something I made because I'm cold and this room has no heat, that somehow turned into my Glacier Sheeta Perdendosi. Also wanted to use the ice bow, which is shiny.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

So I sold a few things and then, naturally, I went shopping. I bought myself some new hairs, and some new jewelry, and new shoes, and then I decided new eyes might be nice too.

And now I R poor again. >.>

Oh well. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I've been admiring that HA in the who's-online popup. The eyes and lips together are really striking!

A whole bunch of bottled stuff went wearable today--bottled fire, lightning, ice, wind. I had the first three, and I thought I had wind, but I was wrong and now I'm sad, because I think it's the prettiest.

Oh, and the lipshines are wearable, too! I had a lot of those. Including bloody, which is amusing. =D
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like it to, Kamil. :-) I assume those are the purchased eyes?

There are HOW many more months of winter?

The ironic this is I actually don't like pink IRL. But mini-me seems to be a fan.

I've been looking at my old HAs and now the old mouth I used looks deformed. Funny because I had trouble getting used to the new mouth at first.

I sort of liked the new bottled items (especially bottled wind) but given the rarity I don't know how fast the price will drop, and they're not (IMO) worth the prices I'm seeing now.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Isn't it funny how you get used to something, but then once you're used to something else the old eyes/mouth/nose/whatever looks funny? I'm so used to the mouth I'm using now that any others I try look odd to me; it's nice to know I'm not the only person that happens to. xD

But, yes, those are the purchased eyes. They're from the newest MiseryLotus Skankpop whatchamacallit line.

I really like all the pink, although, like you, I don't wear it much in RL, but my HA does tend to wear a bit from time to time.

I have got to get my hands on all the pretty pink flowers from the newest costume trunk. So, so lovely.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm already sick of being cold. I decided I shouldn't force my HA to suffer, too, so I changed it back to one of my favorites from last year (with some minor tweaks).

Yay repetition! :D
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

What background is that, Officer? It's nice.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I think it's the Secret Key from the Reading Drive shop.

I'm still trying to decide between that and the Mockingbird and it's been... how long?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

It's the Key of Secrets, like Wingsrising said, but I also added Mugwort to help hide the fountain on the right.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

That is really pretty. Decisions, decisions. Question before the group: Mockingbird or Key of Secrets?

In other news: I don't like these shoes, but I don't like any other shoes on Subeta with this outfit, either. Story of my Subeta life.

Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Kind of obscure, but there could be someone here who might get it!

I'm not overly happy with it. I couldn't find any sort of red body markings other than the new Capricorn staff, but I figured the enormous staff itself would take away more than the markings would add. I had to go with the clay pot swirlies. I was also pretty disappointed with the lack of backfire. Err, as in fiery things on the back layer. Oh well! I think the combination of the ink, cherry blossoms and red face markings make it distinct enough for me!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.