Glacier Rreign and Mallarchy

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Glacier Rreign and Mallarchy

Post by Jessi »

Image - Image

I think the Dragon..okay, Rreign is actually quite beautiful, especially for a pet I don't tend to like. I think the position its curled up in is a bit weird, and its hand kind of looks like it's coming out of nowhere, but I love the pose. The shading on it is really pretty - it's definitely not over-shaded the way DNA's art tends to be. To me, it looks like it's made out of snow, rather than ice, like a big drifty pile of snow just in a dragon shape - which I really like. Really, my only complaint other than the hand is its -very- white. There's hardly any accent color - I guess because its belly is covered up - but you can also hardly see the runes, which are my favorite part of Glacier pets.

The Mallarchy is okay, for a Mallarchy. I mean, it's a Mallarchy. I don't really care much one way or the other xD I like the color choices however, the steely grey-blue is really pretty on this pet. Its right (our left) foot looks a little... broken to me, but I guess ducks kind of walk that way xD So it makes sense. Again, though, the runes are really light - at first I didn't even notice this pet had any on it. Oh well!
Pillow

Re: Glacier Rreign and Mallarchy

Post by Pillow »

I like the Rreign, but probably not enough to get one. It looks nice and simple, the expression and the pose are good, but I feel like there's just something a little lacking in this Glacier pet that tends to grab me for other pets of this colour.

I like the Mallarchy's colours. The darker blue against the white bottom and light blue highlights is really really good, and I'm pleased to see that they didn't change their feet into some crazy white or anything.

My only major thing with the Mallarchy is that I can't stop looking at it's cheeks. I know that drawn ducks are supposed to have furry/feathery areas around the bill, but with the shading, the area juts out and looks more like it would be made for chipmunks rather than a duck.

They are both good pets, but nothing stellar that I would consider getting ^^
Rah

Post by Rah »

Haha, the mallarchy has like, one rune. I imagine there would be more if we were seeing it from the front. I tried putting them elsewhere on the duck, but it looked /weird/. Although you're right, it is rather light. I promise to make the runes on my next glacier more visible! DO THE WINGS LOOK ANATOMICALLY CORRECT? I tried. I really did. It's hard to balance anatomical correctness with consistency to the common (which I now UNDERSTAND to be a tad...wrong in the wing area xD)

I'm thinking about buying a duck for myself to use as mallarchy reference.

Rreign is pretty. I'm seeing the mouth ice as drool a little bit, which puts me off a tad. The shading is so nice, though; I really like the wings especially.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The rreign is very nice. :D I like the way it's curled up and the shading is really pretty. It's not anything I'd ever care enough to own (partially because I don't have any available pet slots), but it's still pretty awesome. The mallarchy on the other hand, eh. :/ The art, shading, and colors are nice, but... It's a mallarchy, something I tend to forget exists. I'm just not much of a duck person. I'm not really liking the way the orange clashes with the rest of it, though.
Last edited by TCStarwind on 30 Jan 2009 03:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Dragon is actually quite nice for a species I now hate. I wish it wasn't quite so round though, needs to be a little broken up or something. The hand especially is confusing me since there is no height to it at all. It looks like paper. But overall, for a Dragon, its nice. And yay for DNA on toning down her shading!

The Mallarchy is really very cute :D The colors are really nice, as is the pose. I wish it had darker markings and more ice though.

Edit: Rah, I think the wings looks fine :D The normal Mallarchy is missing a bone, but you can't tell that when the wing are all folded up and such. I'm not bird expert by any stretch, but it looks fine to me for what that's worth XD
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Rah, I too think the wings look fine and very anatomically correct :3 Probably the best job on the wings so far!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I really like the Rreign, and I realized I think it's because the pose and the expression remind me of the old Dragon before it was revamped. I know it's a bit of a stretch but, hey, that's what I thought of when I saw it.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The Mallarchy is nice. I like the colours and the shadeing is real pretty. But I can't really like it that much. I'm just not a mallarchy fan. Heck, I'm not a duck fan period so it can't be helped. ^_^" Also, I also think the wings look great Rah.

The rreign is good. I love the shading, it's very nice. I also like the pose as well. It fits really well with the Rreign. The way the arm is set bothers me as well. It also makes the rreign look like a big circle. Also not a fan of the ice on the chin. It does look like drool.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm afraid I'm not a big Mallarchy person, and the cheeks do seem a bit puffy to me. Sorry! Just not a duck-pet lover, I guess.

I think this is my favorite of the revamped Dragons, although I agree that it seems a bit pale and a bit like it's drooling. I like it, but if I were going to get a dragon-like Glacier pet I'd probably opt for a Glacier Paralix. I mean, this is good, but the Paralix just rocks. :-)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The mallarchy has no ice or frost breath. It's alright otherwise, but I still can't help but think of Howard the Duck. I also think that the dragon looks like a big snow drift, which is neat.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

The mallarchy has a lil ice on it's tail feathers :)

And yeah, the ice on the mouth of the Dra- Rrrrrrreign looked like drool to me too. The shading is better than it usually is, it's actually kind of nice.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

That's not enough.
HalfLucy

Post by HalfLucy »

The Rreign is favourably blocky to me :)
The composition is splendid in that it showcases the markings.

The Mallarchy however, is a little too plain for me. The orange beak and feet stick out and make it look more like a recolour than a true glacier pet. Perhaps if ice breath had been added I would be more convinced. The blue claw on the orange foot doesn't work.

There's mold on my avocado D:

da: k e c e n (no spaces)
livejournal: k e c e n (no spaces)
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

The colors used for the mallarchy are nice, but it doesn't look at all like a glacier pet. There's only a tiny bit of ice, and only a tiny marking. It just looks like a grey-blue duck with its back to us. A nicely drawn one, but still. It doesn't scream "pretty ice duck" to me.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I really like the Mallarchy, I think it's very well drawn and the feathers look really soft. I like the pose too, I can imagine it's quite a challenge to find interesting poses for a duck.

The Rreign is alright, although I don't quite know what's going on with the front part of its body and the ice does look like drool. The shadings really nice, though, it's very soft and pretty.