RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
Kantark

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Kantark »

Sorry to hear that bad news, KK :-(

*hugs*
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I have an achievement, and I'll leave out the long rant about neurologists and MRIs and doctors and let those of you on my LJ just read it instead xD

My Bell's Palsy is going away! I can eat, taste, sort-of-almost raise both eyebrows, and WHISTLE again! Hopefully I'll have a fully-functioning face in the next few weeks!
Faun

Post by Faun »

congrats jessibean! thats great! :3
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh I'm so happy to hear that Jessi! I hope the next few weeks fly by for you.

I have some good news on my end too. My wife and I have our own apartment now. Well it'll be officially ours by Saturday. They are doing some finishing touches to it. So we'll start moving stuff in by then. And we hope to be totally in sometime next week. So I'll have to make sure to get phone and internet (must have, will go through withdraw without it XD) up and running by then.
It's a cute little place. One bedroom, nice size living room and kitchen. Right next to the village so we can walk to the grocery store, drug store, etc. And we are only 5 or so minutes away from her parents so no problems there (so don't worry Christmas card group, I'll still get your cards). I'm a bit nervous I must admit. Never really lived on my own. But I think it'll be cool once we get settle in and get the feel for it. I promise to take pictures and show them off once we get settled in. ^-^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

More achievements from me, health-wise. I survived my first root canal today (which I needed thanks to the Bell's Palsy - only being able to eat on one side caused me to break a weak tooth!) It was three hours, very long, the drill smelled and made noise that made me cringe, but it's over and done with and I have a shiny new crown that looks so much like a real tooth its scary xD And some fancy pain pills cause my jaw is rather sore ;-;

More face achievements? Well, I can now raise both eyebrows and shut my eyes individually again! Glee!
Madge

Post by Madge »

I just spent $200 on some roller skates.

My two best friends (Anna the Red, who you may remember, and Ash, who you don't know) are both into roller derby and I've been skating lately because I want to fit in or something, haha. Seriously it's fun and it's great that me and Ash have something to spend more time together with (Anna lives too bloody far away! Screw her!).

So yes, I have $200 roller skates which beat the shit out of the hire skates I was using before. Added to that, I can now actually go to my local derby training place because they don't have skate hire there :D. Hopefully I will have fun!
Faun

Post by Faun »

omg. SNOW!!!!! I have never seen snow this deep on canvey before! I just wish it would last till christmas. :(
Neopets || Subeta
Tumblr ||Twitter
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

My semester grades came in!

Elementary French I - 4.0

Elementary French II - 4.0

Health and Nutrition - 4.0

Elementary Spanish - 3.0 ......bitch.

It was mathmatically impossible for me to get an A (4.0) but I was 1.02% away from a B+ (3.5). Those foreign language professors are merciless. I resent that class so much because it was optional, and it'll take me a very long time to rebuild my enthusiasum. Getting all those A's did raise my GPA nearly to Magna Cum Laude, so yay. ^_^
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

You're in Canvey, fluffy-emo-wolf? Small world, I come from Leigh-on-Sea :) Wish I was there right now if you've got proper snow!
Faun

Post by Faun »

small world indeed jazzy, I cant believe you are from leigh-on-sea! The snow is great fun but its still freezing. :(
Neopets || Subeta
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

fluffy-emo-wolf wrote:SNOW!!!!!
Pah, we've had that stuff for days! Well, a day and a half, at least :-P

At one point we were forecast another 8 inches(!) overnight last night but that never showed up. It did drop to -5C though so pretty chilly. Rain was forecast tonight/tomorrow morning but I've just noticed it now looks like it might turn to snow this side of the South Downs so I might be in for some more.

It's fun to drive in :-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

We've got a light dusting over here on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border which looks really pretty but is no good for anything else, alas no more predicted. Odds on a White Christmas?
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Miguel wrote:We've got a light dusting over here on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border which looks really pretty but is no good for anything else, alas no more predicted. Odds on a White Christmas?
Our weatherman was recently spotted putting money on a white Christmas.

Which is a fairly good way to tell it won't be one.

We've had light snow here in Hull, but lots of it. Does that make sense? And then it keeps freezing on the ground. First time I can remember (in this country) seeing snow 'heavy' enough to settle decently, but not turn to slush as soon as it's walked on. It compacts, then disappears completely. Which is nice, because it means your feet don't get wet :0)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Yesterday's snow here was really light and powdery, impossible to make snowballs from- it just wouldn't stick together. So when I was waiting at the bus stop I wrote "Daisy" in the snow on the wooden bench instead. (I'm too chicken to write my real name!).

Today it was sticking together. There isn't that much of it, only enough to make paths slippery and lightly dust the landscape.
Neopets wishlists: here
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

But... but Daisy is your real name! Right? Right?
Image Image