Editorial Time!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
champagnesoup

Re: Editorial Time!

Post by champagnesoup »

Hey there. I have this Ice Chomby and I really want to keep him that way, so I make sure that he's never my active Neopet (unless it's for Underwater Fishing.) I was just wondering, though... can those colour-changing events on the site target my inactive Neopets? Thanks!
No, all the colour-changing Random Events only target your active Neopet.
Um...that's not true! I know people who have had the blue and red colour changes happen to pets who are not their active pet (and the pets in question were not even sad or angry!).
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

^ so basically all UCs are at risk at all times? o_O

How long ago was this that those people got those REs on non-active pets who weren't actually angry/sad?
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I had these events target me in 2005 and both times, they got my active pet.

Proof, or it didn't happen.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Champagnesoup, I'm sorry, but either your friends are mistaken or... well, they had some really weird glitch way back in the day. Color changing events have always only targeted your active pet. I've been hit by Boochi twice (both misses) and they were both after my active. I seriously doubt its something you have to worry about.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

No...Invisible and Baby REs only go for active pets, true, but the Red and Blue ones can happen to a non-active pet. From Sunnyneo http://www.sunnyneo.com/randomevents/re_pets.php:

Neopet turning Blue or Red:
There are also a random events that turns an unhappy neopet into the colour Blue or Red. If you keep your pets happy by feeding them and playing with them, your pet won't become unhappy and won't turn blue or red. The image of the random event will show your affected pet being blue and sad, or if your pet turns red, it shows a broken image. We are unsure how TNT distinguishes between sad (blue) or angry (red). Note: this can happen to any of your pets, not just your active one, so take good care of them!

NB Sunnyneo seems to think that by 'colour change random events' TNT only mean the Invisible, Baby and random colour random events - I guess the Red and Blue ones aren't truly random in the sense that your pet's mood make them happen.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Huh, i guess it's good my pets are always 'delighted' even when I don't bother with them for a bit xD
varii

Post by varii »

A rumor has been going around that there will be an unconverting item as an Altador Cup prize. Is this true? ~numbfant
Sorry, we don't know where this rumour came from, but that's all it is. :(
Well, they don't say there is no plan whatsoever for one, but it doesn't sound like one is on the horizon either. :/
rei @ neopets
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

varii wrote:
Well, they don't say there is no plan whatsoever for one, but it doesn't sound like one is on the horizon either. :/
Yeah really. I would've liked them to clear that up and say that unconverting will never happen again. But for a question like that (a REAL question for once) should discreetly show the undercurrent of "CHANGE THEM BACK FFS!"
I'm sure they're ignoring all that, but hell, if I was dumb enough to convert them, I'd unconvert them back just to close the pound/trade board. That board = *shudders*. That board reminds me of the changes almost as much as the crappy site layout or 10 million NC plugs a month.

...Regardless, I'm glad they answered a serious question people actually care about.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

This is worth mentioning, I think...
TNT wrote:**Notice**
It's been roughly a year since the free 150 NC giveaway first began. If you still have that NC floating around from back then, you may want to spend it before our system spends it for you and sends you random items from the NC Mall.
I've still got mine.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Madge

Post by Madge »

I decided to bite the bullet and buy some stuff with it finally, but it's all dissapeared from my accounts.

And they didn't buy me random items! Which I'm sad about because it would've been good consolation :(
EofS

Post by EofS »

I thought I got mine on the 10th of April, so assumed I'd lost it for good. I haven't got round to checking.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Okay...it said I stil had my 150NC so I found something I vaguely liked the look of and went to 'checkout', only to be told I 'didn't have enough Neocash for this transaction' - and only then did the NC thingy at the top bar change to '0'. I'm absolutely livid, what a con! Well, that's it, Neopets, you've screwed me around one too many times you hairy bunch of ungrateful bastards....

...oh, wait, I'm over it already. :P Still, it's a little cheeky warning us of this barely a day before it expires!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Kantark wrote:This is worth mentioning, I think...
TNT wrote:**Notice**
It's been roughly a year since the free 150 NC giveaway first began. If you still have that NC floating around from back then, you may want to spend it before our system spends it for you and sends you random items from the NC Mall.
I've still got mine.
Whaaaaaaaaat. I've got mine, too, and the items I was briefly pondering over Halloween have gone out of the shop entirely. I don't want spring/summer stuff, I want creepy stuff! ;P

And I'm short 150 NC now--still have 150 for whatever reason, but sheesh, I was camping! Also, I don't have any "random items from the NC Mall" unless they go someplace other than your inventory.
Image Image
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Since it was just sitting there I'm not bothered, but it still seems kind of silly :| Oh well.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I lost 100 and got some pirate music track..thing. :| good, I guess, but I want to see if something good pops up before I spend anything
Image Image
ImageImage