Daily Dare March 09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Daily Dare March 09

Post by Wingsrising »

I bought it now, it's already dirt cheap (I got it for less than 2k). Luckily a lot of people are good at Turmac Roll, as I like the stump but hate the game. (Too bad the stump isn't wearable, though... Neohomes 2 is too buggy for me.)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I scored 666 on my second try- Turmac Roll is very much a luck game, and it's interesting that they set the bar lower this year, previous years it's been around 1000, I think. The stump is pretty so I'm glad I could do AAA's challenge.

In fact, the only AAA challenge I haven't beaten is Super Hasee Bounce. I hope that it isn't the only one, though I doubt it will be since there are a lot of games I am very bad at.
Neopets wishlists: here
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

daisybell wrote:I scored 666 on my second try- Turmac Roll is very much a luck game, and it's interesting that they set the bar lower this year, previous years it's been around 1000, I think. The stump is pretty so I'm glad I could do AAA's challenge.
I'm surprised how low they set the bar - last year's was 900 which I think suited AAA much better. For 650 you only need to wait for one aquaberry if the game isn't your forte and you're already there. Maybe they are trying to lull us into comfort and then strike with really impossible to obtain scores? (I hope I don't eat my words tomorrow)

I can't decide whether to buy Lulu's prize for the day. It looks so tiny and blurry in smaller profile images and the item isn't all that pretty, and yet it's turmac - my dream petpet and one of my favorite games *bites her lips*

Btw I just noticed - both AAA's and Lulu's prizes have been resized and pasted on Abigail's one.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Feathercircle

Post by Feathercircle »

I actually kind of struggled for this one, which was odd since Turmac Roll is normally one of my better games. I don't know if the problem was with my computer or the site itself, but the game kept lagging at irregular intervals. It would slow down or freeze for just a split second, and then jump ahead at full speed again- at which point I usually slammed into a stump or a truncated hill because I wasn't able to react to it in time.

Any ideas on what might be causing the problem? I haven't noticed anything similar happening when I play other games... only Turmac Roll.
ImageImage
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I don't think I've ever hated playing this game so much. While it didn't take that long for me to beat AAA, I still got a headache just trying. D: I don't think I've ever noticed how much everything in that game moves. It's really painful to stare at.
zebru

Post by zebru »

Feathercircle wrote:Any ideas on what might be causing the problem? I haven't noticed anything similar happening when I play other games... only Turmac Roll.
It happens every so often to me with both Turmac Roll and Faerie Cloud Racers.. and Ice Cream Machine come to think of it . Have no idea why.

In other news I caved in and bought the Wind-up Turmac so I can put it on a pet whose petpet gets zapped into Turmac some day. Eventually. It's could happen you know, it's best to be prepared.
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Hehe just when I was about to give up after trying for an hour, I got that one good blue berry and beat AAA - yay.

I hate Turmac Roll because it's one of those games that the more I play the worse I get. I started out getting mostly 300s-400s and then was lucky to get 200 right before this last game. Anyway, I'm glad it's over. So many people on the Neoboards were complaining that today was too easy and I let it get to me for some reason.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Man, I suck at nearly all Neo games :P They need to stick 200M dash on there, even though the new version sucks.

Anyway, today's is Faerie Bubbles. There was no was I was getting to the 900 points to beat AAA, so I just challenged Abigail.
Spoiler: open/close
Abigail: Image Happy Cloud Poster
AAA: Image Faerie Bubble String Lights
Lulu: Image Lighted Faerie Bubble String Lights

Anyone have a preview of AAA's and Lulu's prizes?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I always wonder how they decide what score you need to get for Abigail or AAA. For the most part, Abigail's are disgustingly easy, but AAA's tend to be extremely challenging. I know the idea of AAA's is to be challenged, but it'd be nice if Abigail's was at least a -bit- more challenging. On days I know I can't get AAA's score so I go for Abigail's I usually feel kind of cheap, heh.

My high score on this game is 1,212 which I can only get with using the cheats because I'm just not good at this game xD; But it's a perfect example of how getting the 200 for Abigail's just wouldn't be satisfying to me. Turmac Roll was another good example - you just have to play on Hard for about 10 seconds without dying to get 75 points.
zebru

Post by zebru »

Avatar log has a great guide for this game here - it got me the avatar that one. Still if you get unlucky and get air or dark bubbles in wrong places you will probably have to restart a couple of times.
If you suck at aiming like I do, it helps to hold a piece a paper parallel with one of the sides of canon when planning more decisive shots.

Oh and drat, Lulu's prize again looks good and I'm sorely tempted once more! Previews for Seerow:

AAA's prize: Rased
Lulu's prize: Valkoff
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I totally suck at Faerie Bubbles, (I managed to kill myself with one sort of bubble, once) and managed to get 973 in my third game. :)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Jessibean wrote:. For the most part, Abigail's are disgustingly easy, but AAA's tend to be extremely challenging. I know the idea of AAA's is to be challenged, but it'd be nice if Abigail's was at least a -bit- more challenging. On days I know I can't get AAA's score so I go for Abigail's I usually feel kind of cheap, heh.
I know better than to read comments or the Neoboards during contests like this. Because I've had to struggle to beat Abigail's score every day but one.

I guess I suck at all of these games.

Apparently worse than I thought.

*goes off to sit in the corner and feel ashamed*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
varii

Post by varii »

I am 5/5 for AAA so far. I have promised myself that this year I will not turn into a stress case over it. Last year I couldn't beat AAA's score on Sophie's Stew and Jelly Dice. I am dreading both games coming around again.

I am doing Lulu's challenges as well. On one hand I understand all of the drama about it but on the other I don't understand how people are still holding TNT up to the same candle as they did when Adam and Donna were in charge. I mean seriously, Viacom bought out Neopets YEARS ago, is anyone really surprised?
rei @ neopets
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Kamil wrote:*goes off to sit in the corner and feel ashamed*
I'll come join you Kamil! I suck at the games and there's only maybe two or three on the entire site I'd ever have a chance of beating AAA on. Too bad the games I'm good at have never/rarely ever been part of the gaming challenges.
Heck, even Abigail's scores take effort!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

I bought the Lighted Faerie Bubble String Lights sans preview this morning, put them on one of my pets, and figured out that I think they look gaudy as all heck.

Is it worth it to hold onto it, or should I try and unload it at the current SW price?
old world underground where are you now?