Ever Stocked General Store

Post anything new on Neopets here.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Ever Stocked General Store

Post by thelonetiel »

http://www.neopets.com/generalstore.phtml
Welcome to the Ever Stocked General Store!
Your days of waiting for the shops to restock are over -- here at the Ever Stocked General store, we offer a wide range of items, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Looks like a commoners Hidden Tower?

To me, it looks like mostly old stuff, except at the bottom there are five wearables that look new.

Blue Shoes
Cost: 500 NP
Basic White Shirt
Cost: 550 NP
Khaki Trousers
Cost: 600 NP
Khaki Skirt
Cost: 575 NP
Blue Fishing Hat
Cost: 450 NP

Also has five food items, toys, books, and grooming items, the most expensive of which is 300np.

An excellent place for newbies! I approve, especially if it is expanded upon in the future. I can see it being useful in plots and such when a certain item is needed, to control inflation.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Ever Stocked General Store

Post by Seerow »

I rather like this idea. Good job TNT :D
Anyone know if the items are fixed, or does it rotate stock?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Great idea. Are any of those quest items? That could help newbies a lot -- they wouldn't feel like they had to pay big mallers' prices. I'm assuming that all of those items no longer stock in their respective former stores, which means we should get more of a variety of things restocking around Neopia now that some junk is cleared out. Hopefully the General Store's stock will switch out now and then -- even different items every day would be cool.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

My educated guess would be that the first four items will remain stocked fairly constantly, judging from their banality. The last item in each seems a little more specific and interesting, so perhaps that'll change periodically?

I'm pretty sure those items can be quest items Cranberry, but the chances of getting a quest for one of them is fairly slim. I bet it won't have much impact on mallers. xP
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I love this idea! :D
A lot of newbies (and some regulars) are confused or frustrated by the whole restocking thing, having to wait to buy things from various shops.
Now they can at least buy something instantly without having to go through the user shops.

Plus, it's a money sink!
Yay for money sinks!