Speckled and Mutant Kau

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Katy... :)

Speckled and Mutant Kau

Post by Katy... :) »

Thanks to jellyneo.net we know we'll have a Speckled and Mutant Kau. Well I couldn't wait to post about the Speckled Kau because it's awesome!
Look below!

I'll add the Mutant when I find the link.

I love the coloring, the dark hooves, and the white horns. I really love the way the hair and the tail hair is Speckled too....
Don't really know why, I mean Speckled is usually such a bland color, but I'm really excited about this one.

I may have to own one, and I don't say that a lot.
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Speckled and Mutant Kau!!

Post by Jessi »

Ooh wow, I love the Speckled Kau! The pattern is extremely lovely, and the colors blend together so well! I've never been a fan of Kaus, at all, but this is really, really lovely!
Madge

Re: Speckled and Mutant Kau

Post by Madge »

The speckled Kau is beautiful given that it has the constraints of needing to be speckled and a kau!

I love how the new system is forcing the artists to be creative any chance they can get, because it makes colours like this look pretty!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I don't know how to get the bigger image ...but...its on Daily Neopets..

Thats by far the freakiest scariest mutant pet EVER.
Image Image
ImageImage
varii

Post by varii »

I swear, there are like 5 pet artists and only one of them is awesome.

I love both colours, but wow. Mutant is actually art. Wow. I love the colour scheme, horns, legs...it's fantastic. It sort of suffers from busy-face syndrome, and I don't like it much small but I think the detail in there makes up for it.

Speckled is really well done, too. Compare it to the speckled Yurble and they are two different colours.
rei @ neopets
Rah

Post by Rah »

*horror scream*

WTF MAN. SCARIEST MUTANT EVER.

Wouldn't own one, but woah. Well done artist. It's amazingly done.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

..the mouth is ..um..:O
Image Image
ImageImage
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

The Speckled Kau looks great! I love how the legs taper, and the cute little splotches on the tail ^^

Mutant is amazing! It reminds me of an Ood xD Those horns are fantastic! Makes me wonder what the rest of the body looks like, would be nice to see a full shot for the colours and patterns.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Holy Fyora, what is that? I swear, it doesn't actually look like a Kau. What are those things in its mouth supposed to be? Space fungus?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Speckled looks good on the Kau. The transition from green to white at the top and bottom is more clearly marked on this than on some other pets and it's really quite effective.

Mutant would not look out of place on a Super Furry Animals album cover. This is a Good Thing Indeed :-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The speckled is nice. It has a very interesting pattern. Mutant is... whoa. It's more like a mutated snake-bug than a kau. Not that that's a bad thing. It's really freaky looking.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Speckled is nice, I like the ratio of white to green. The Mutant is TERRIFYING. Seriously, those eyes? That mouth? Eeerrgh get it away from me!
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Speckled is very nice-looking. Mutant's not too shabby; just looks too busy. Regardless, the Mutant artist is very promising, I hope we see more Mutants by whoever's drawn them since the revamp. Kau Day will be/is successful.
Bagerzz

Post by Bagerzz »

Mutant is amazing. Wow, I was expecting the mutant kau to look like the darigan kau, but this is just.. AWESOME!
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

Mutant... Wow... I feel very odd about it.
Most Mutants seem to resemble something, this just seems like a mash up of a bunch of ideas.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just don't really know how to feel about it. Whoa.
-is speechless-
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.