Trying to get back into the hang of things

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Mistress Morbid

Trying to get back into the hang of things

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Since I discovered that my accounts were hacked into I've gained a level of interest back in the site. I just feel like doing something for my pets again after seeing some stolen.

Everything is so different though, I feel completely lost with all the new features. Could someone explain to me a bit about the whole clothing/background stuff? I see that some paintbrush colours allow you to remove/add certain items. Do I have to paint them that colour in order to have access to those items? And can I paint them a different body colour underneath the clothes?

It seems a lot of the cool things are in that NC mall thing, and I am not giving Neopets real money when they can't even guarantee my account's safety. :P By the way, what's with the economy?! I can't beieve how expensive everything is now. Plain painbrushes like White are over half a million! That's insane. ><

Also, are there are websites that offer premade user and pet lookups? I just don't like staring at the default layouts.

Any other relevant info would be much appreciated. ^^ Thanks!
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Re: Trying to get back into the hang of things

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yes, you have to paint them to gain access to the clothing items that a particular paintbrush has. Yep! You can paint them a TOTALLY different colour underneath..so you can have a zombie pet wearing a royal set of clothing, and vice versa.

Mutant, Baby, and Maraquan pets, and unconverted pets(I think Mynci is an exception?) cannot wear clothing, but backgrounds and trinkets work fine on them.

Yea, a lot of common pbs are expensive now...like spotted, which I think is due largely because of the Spotted Lupe.
Image Image
ImageImage
Mistress Morbid

Ah I see. That is pretty awesome with the clothing and paint colours...it makes your pets really customizable. Do you get to keep the special clothes permanently? Or are they stuck with the pet who is painted?
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

You get to keep the special clothes, but they will stay on the account that you attained them. The only way to get around that is transferring the painted pet while it is still that color. But otherwise the clothing will stay there permanently. I still have Bruce bowties of various colors on my main because I zap-adopt pets, and one went through a string of being various Bruce colors...just for an example.
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 22 Jul 2009 05:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

You get to keep them! Though, double painted pets do not transfer out clothes (I think, Im only going by what I found through google since I havent transfered/traded any of my pets), like if you painted a pet royal then painted it zombie. If you trade it out, the clothes stay on the count and the other person gets a naked pet.

Another thing,if you use the labray and get clothes of a certain pet, an Aisha, and then it gets zapped into something else, you still get to keep the clothes of whatever paintbrush it got zapped into. Though now it wont be able to wear those Aisha specific clothing. But its there when you need it!
Image Image
ImageImage
Mistress Morbid

*nod nod*

Hmm, say if there's some Halloween clothes I want for a pet, but that pet is already painted Shadow. Do I have to paint it Halloween, take the clothes, and then repaint it Shadow if I want Shadow to still be the base colour? (yikes, expensive ><)
Image Image
varii

Post by varii »

Yes, or you can create/adopt a pet of the same species then paint it the colour with clothes and either repaint/morph/throw it in the pound. The paintbrush clothes are species specific, not pet specific.
rei @ neopets
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yea, thats pretty much what you have to do!
Image Image
ImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

Goldenchaos wrote:You get to keep them! Though, double painted pets do not transfer out clothes (I think, Im only going by what I found through google since I havent transfered/traded any of my pets), like if you painted a pet royal then painted it zombie. If you trade it out, the clothes stay on the count and the other person gets a naked pet.
Just wanted to add to this - If you paint a pet royal, and then paint it zombie and then transfer that pet, then the clothes that go with its base colour will go with it, no exception. So even if your zombie has royal clothes on, if you trade it the zombie clothes will go with it. When you transfer a pet, no matter if it is wearing the clothes or not that go with it's base colour, those clothes will go with it. So if you do make a shadow pet, and then make a halloween pet to take the clothing off of it, do NOT transfer that halloween pet if you want to keep the halloween clothes!

If you want to keep just the clothes, but not the base colour, then you can either zap to change the base colour, or pound the pet. When you pound a pet it goes into the pound naked xD (Which is kind of annoying for aishas/ixis/bruces etc where every pet has that one clothing item to begin with)

Hope that helps! I do a LOT of pet trading xD
Mistress Morbid

Hmmm....it does sound a bit tricky. xD

Basically the reason I'm wondering is because I have a Shadow Hissi named Kastrel, who's custom appearance has always had bone tattoos. He's a voodoo Hissi, and the new Halloween Hissi is so perfect with the skeleton accessory. I really want Kastrel to have those bones, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to get them. Right now he's on an account with all 4 slots filled, so I'm wondering if I should save up for a Halloween Paint Brush, then buy another Shadow Paint Brush afterwards. xD I really like the Shadow Hissi base colours, so I want that to stay the same. I just want the awesome skeleton. :)
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Honestly MM (By the way, great to see you back. Missed you, your siggy and your cute little adoptable images from the past!) the cheapest thing to do, if you have patience and luck, is to make use of the lab ray if you have it. I've zapped pets to get them to be the color option that has the clothes I want, temporarily swap them with a pet on the account with the pet who gets the clothes, then used a turnip tonic to change them to a random basic color to leave the clothes there. That's how, for instance, I got Halloween lupe pants on a pirate lupe. There are people that make clothing only requests on the adoptions board here and can sometimes result in faster luck. I know I've given a desert hissi I labbed to someone here for her ice hissi just for its clothing.

/off topic time!

Btw, nice "For the Horde!" button. I'm such a turn-coat though, I'd need a button that flips between Horde and Alliance. Did you make your button yourself or, if you picked it up from somewhere, did they have a flip-flopping button for us non-pvp realm folks that play on both sides of the fence?
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Mistress Morbid

Okay, so let's see if I understand this correctly.

If I start zapping for a Halloween Hissi and get one, then transfer that to the account my Shadow Hissi is on, I can take the clothes off and put them on my Shadow Hissi. Then if I paint the zapped pet a plain colour, the clothes will remain on my account even after I abandon the zapped pet?

Haha, yeah I'm a WoW nerd....one of the big contributors to the reason I got bored with Neopets. xD I don't remember where I got the badge unfortunately, but I'm sure you can find/make some cool ones. :)
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Yes MM, that's exactly the way to do it :) You can only do one transfer a month though, just in case that throws you when you're trying to get the pet you transferred with the zapped hissi back on to your account!

I must say though, halloween zaps are a bugger to get. They're the colour i'm missing on all of my zapper pets (aisha, lupe, ixi and kyrii) and I've been zapping for years. I'm trying to recall EVER getting a halloween zap! Maybe I'm just unlucky. If you have the sp, I'd personally just paint - otherwise you'll likely be going through a whole lot of those LE hissis.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Rah wrote:If you have the sp, I'd personally just paint
Wrong website, Rah ;D
varii

Post by varii »

Rah wrote: I must say though, halloween zaps are a bugger to get. They're the colour i'm missing on all of my zapper pets (aisha, lupe, ixi and kyrii) and I've been zapping for years. I'm trying to recall EVER getting a halloween zap! Maybe I'm just unlucky. If you have the sp, I'd personally just paint - otherwise you'll likely be going through a whole lot of those LE hissis.
They're only impossible if you want them! I was zapping for Halloween clothes, gave up & painted, continued to zap and then got Halloween twice in one week.
rei @ neopets