Need opinions on petpet for Wythorn. ^^;

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Mistress Morbid

Need opinions on petpet for Wythorn. ^^;

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I've had so much trouble trying to pick out a good petpet for Wythorn since I got him back. I used to have a Seti with him, but I didn't really care for the match anymore. I decided a Black Gallion would be *perfect*. I buy a Gallion, and sure enough....he hates it! Argh!

Usually I'm good with picking out petpets, but I'm just drawing a blank now that a Gallion's out of the question. :(

I'm really into aesthetics, so I prefer something that would match his colour scheme (black/purple/grey), though it isn't completely necessary. I know that I want him to have a petpet with the ability to fly, since he can't himself. I was thinking it could be used for reconnaissance and such. This also wouldn't be a lovey-dovey pet relationship either...more like a companionship of convenience.

Anyways, if someone has some ideas feel free to throw them my way. ^^ Thanks!

Image Image
Xelio

Re: Need opinions on petpet for Wythorn. ^^;

Post by Xelio »

If it isn't too much a cost to deal with, can't you just give him another gallion and then paint it black while its already attached? I'm pretty sure that's an easy fix to get around that issue. But just in case it doesn't work or you want to look at other options, here are some.

I suggest maybe a ukali. It can fly and it sure doesn't look like its happy to be with anyone, let alone Wythorn. Course, with that face it seems more an abusive relationship than one of convenience. Similarly, the droolik would be insipid, but could also be a creature used to spy as it looks stupid enough to be easily convinced to work for Wythorn faithfully without any gain at all. Heck, Wythorn could probably smack a droolik upside the head and it'd keep a sappy grin and work.

ImageImage
Ukali - Droolik

Other pets that look annoyed to be there and can fly are the following:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Black Albriss - Crokabek - Black/default color Cyodrake - Darigan Faellie - Faerie/Blue Pofew more floats, but its still airborne - Faerie Seti
Last edited by Xelio on 20 Aug 2009 04:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Mistress Morbid

Nope, the problem is he won't accept a Gallion at all, I can't attach it. :(

I was considering a Ukali, they do look a bit too innocent for him though. xD I'll keep it in mind though. I'm sad the Darigan one is the yellow scheme, otherwise I'd be all over it.
Image Image
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

You can give the gallion to someone else, paint it black, and then it should attach. Alternatively, change your language to one of the bottom Asian languages, which have the very different alphabet so it should change enough to let you attach (Character length of the petpet and pet name determine like/dislike).

I have a Darigan Quetzle on my Darigan Draik, I don't remember seriously considering any of the other options or I might be more help.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Angry black petpets:
ImageImage
Black Moltenore/Seti

Angry purple/grey petpets:
ImageImageImage
Purple Horus/Cyodrake/Chumablah

ImageImageImage
Darigan Nuk/Grey Vullard/Grey Weewoo

Mutant Peo
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

It's pretty costly. But if I had a UC Darigan Draik, I'd probably want a
Darigan Minitheus for it.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

(We're all a bunch of Gallion lovers! That petpet goes with anything :) )

^*what tiel said* You pets is rejecting the Gallion because all pets don't like petpets to have the exact same number of characters/letters in their name than the species name does.

W-y-t-h-o-r-n (7 letters)
G-a-l-l-i-o-n (7 letters)

Why they get pissed off/freak out when you give them a certain toy or book is still a mystery to me.
Anyways, while in your inventory change the language to either one of the bottom Asian languages. Other languages might work, but since "Gallion" isn't a real word translated to something else, it probably won't. It'll force him to suddenly be very happy with his new Gallion.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Left to right: Black gallion, fire Gallion, darigan beakadoodle, purple beakadoodle, darigan ukali.

I like the darigan Ukali and the purple Beakadoodle the best ^_^.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I was going to come suggest the language-trick, but it looks like several people have already XD I've used it many a times when my pets think they hate something. Silly pets ;D

....Agh, Usul, you shouldn't have posted the Darigan Ukali. I STILL WANT IT and have no one to give it to xD
Mistress Morbid

Wow, thanks for all your suggestions guys! Gah, I feel like such a noob for forgetting about the language thing now. >.> Shows how long it's been for me...

I think I might go ahead and stick with the Black Gallion in that case. Thanks so much though, I loved all your input. ^^

EDIT:
Image Image
Hooray, it worked! ^^ Now for a name...o.o
Image Image