Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
varii

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by varii »

It depends. If the codestones required are around 30k or less you have a decent chance of breaking even but much higher than that you run a greater chance of losing np. It's weird because when basic codestones were more expensive, red codestones were cheaper.
rei @ neopets
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I took a detour on a day when I was really too busy, only to have the Sainsbury's in Lancaster tell me that they had no NC cards-- contrary to what it said on Neo-- and didn't know when they would be getting any. (This after a discussion with the woman who had a staff-announcement tannoy unfortunately placed near her, and for about two minutes was utterly convinced that what I wanted were "meerkat namecards".)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

zebru wrote:What were the prices of red codestones before the plot started?
Ocy gained entrance to ninja school the other day and after my first quest asked for a 30k red codestone, and next two for 50k ones, I kinda half gave up on the idea of training there (I'd need to raise level to 450 first, than go for defence).
I'm pondering ditching the idea of training altogether and going after Silver Knight Neggs for defence instead once I'm finished with strength (reached 600 strength boost yesterday, yay!).
Right now the cheapest red (Mag) is 20k and the most expensive (Zed) is 70k. Before the plot I think Zeds were down to about 40k-45k, but have been on the way back up for a while. I don't think I saw Mag below 15k.

But when my pet got to ninja school about a year ago, Zeds were UB, so I still continue to train at these high prices. I do cancel if the cost goes over 90k or so (my pet uses 2 reds now). I only train once a day though.

I'll probably switch over to Sneggs in the next couple months, since my pet only has about 13 levels before he'll require 3 reds. (I'm trying to train hit points as high as I can on 2 reds.)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

My account made it to the 8 1/2 year mark. Complete with that fugly elephante moach costume and all. Yay. >_<
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

It goes by quickly, Usul. I remember just DREADING getting that shield on my main account (I had it for awhile on one of my sides beforehand so I knew what was in store) but I just realized that in the next two weeks or so I will be getting the slightly better 9 year shield. Don't get me wrong, I'm counting down the days now, but all I can think is "well that went by fast."

I just played this EPIC game of Keyquest, it was a four man game to the bitter end. I took an early lead and so all three of the other players had ganged up on me, and they were throwing stuff at me left and right, switching my keys, stealing them, making me miss my turns! It turned into a crafty game of wise power-up usage and mini-game skill for me. I finally, finally won. I redeemed my key and got a bunch of worthless books and stamps. And the glory.

If that isn't the most minor achievawoe I have ever seen.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm really curious what this dreaded shield looks like now O__o

Not that bad, considering what I was imagining! But still pretty freaky I guess.

Also, why do you play 4 player key quest games and risk getting a lead key? I only ever play 2 player 5 key games because the worst you can do is a silver key which is pretty awesome.

Unless you're playing for fun! Pish posh, kids these days...
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

NC Giftbox Cards finally made it to me. (What was that? They're called "NC Cards" and you're supposed to buy them to get Neocash? How quaint.) I made a couple of surprised people very happy with the leftover items from my Mystery Capsule overdose last year, and in return, got myself a rag doll for Becky.

Isn't she the most precious thing that ever was? I thought it would just go in her paw, but the over-arm pose is adorable.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Minor fail: I missed out on battling Punchbag Sid by about 10 mins today...=( Considering how TNT said they choose when to add him to the battledome (whenever they feel like it), makes me sad.

One day Sid...one day
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think this is an achievement: my Turmaculus bait petpet has just turned seven this week. Turmy himself was introduced in September 2002 and I bought the cheapest petpet I could find at the time in the hope he'd get eaten and I'd get the BD challenger (fun fact: the Scado was 3.5k then and less than 300np now). To celebrate, he just woke Turmy up and got 350np. I think he's happy.

I'd change his name to Immortal but the petpet lab keeps changing it back. Naturally, it can't kill him so he gets a lot of name changes.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Yaaay! I won 10K and a fire muffin. This adds to the "get-Xsceena-a-new-petpet-fund". I resold her faerie eizzil because I guess now that I had it, it wasn't my favorite match for her. I think non-faerie matches that other NCers chose were better.

Edit: Woe. Even though my FC bets were changed to "end of the month" I threw up my hands in defeat today. I lost 550K in 2 1/2 months and probably bet a total of 750K-ish. The page is probably going to stay dead for a while until I can figure out how the hell Neo deems an FC winner now. The literal percentages seem to mean nothing. I don't know how many times I've bet on 2:1s or the wrong 13:1, etc.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 03 Nov 2009 03:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Today was officially the day, my main account has the 9 year shield now. http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=iniuria Good-bye, Moached Elephante, nice knowing you!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I just want to say that you have the prettiest main account ever, Ailiel.

In case you were, yanno, wondering and stuffs. xD Also, congrats on losing the moached elephante. That thing has to be one of the scariest images in all of Neopia. *twitch*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

*is pleased* I found a NC mall combination I couldn't resist. I didn't have enough NC left to buy it, but I had a retired item that I never found a use for and it turned out to be good trading fodder.

Now unless I find something even better for a trinket, Ishudi is as pretty as she could possibly be.
Spoiler: open/close
And cause I've always liked it but I never had enough reason to buy it but needed more items to make the trade even, Ampelio got a new BG. Good thing I don't try to even pretend he's a manly draik, surrounded by flowers as he is.
Spoiler: open/close
I wish it didn't cost real money to make all my pets equally pretty.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Aw, thanks Kamil! That means a lot coming from you, I love the pets on your accounts. I've definitely spent a lot of time getting my account how I want it.

Tiel, they do look amazing. I really wish Neopoint items could hold their own with the NC mall stuff but even without animations the quality of the art and the combinations available in the NC mall is legions above the NP stuff.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I have no idea how those maraquan windchimes would work but that is one pretty combination! There aren't many other trinkets that would fit, the Aquatic Arrangement maybe, but I like the one you have quite well.