Pokemon HG/SS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Pokemon HG/SS

Post by TCStarwind »

Posting again with a happy achievement. So, today I decided to give legendary hunting (specifically Raikou) a whirl. I used a low level wabbuffet as my lead. Found raikou, switched out wabbuffet for typhlosion, and used lava plume which took out half raikou's hp AND inflicted a burn on him. He then escapes. Being the dumbass that I am, I saved the game, then went back to tracking. Found him a second time, threw many pokeballs at him he finally escapes with a small sliver of hp left after KOing wabbuffet. Found him a third time. At this point, I was really nervous. If he died before I could catch him, I'd have to restart. Not only that I'd have to relive the scenario until I could catch him before his burns KOed him. One nervous quickball later, I am now the happy owner of a legendary dog. 8D And I can now use him to bring the smackdown to Clair's gyarados. Happy, happy me.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Hey guys! Did you hear about my Rattata? It's in the top percentage of rattata, you know what I mean?
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

STOP CALLING ME, JOEY. GOOD GOSH.

btw, you win at life. :P
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Iggy wrote:STOP CALLING ME, JOEY. GOOD GOSH.
I swear, after I pillage this game for all the legendaries it has to offer I'm going to restart it and play through it again and not accept phone number from any of those freaks. Joey especially. Daycare people and such, sure... but not Joey. Not if he paid me a zillion currency. Probably not even if he offered me 100 masterballs. Now if he had a few legendaries I was missing... maybe we could work out something about only calling on weekdays between the hours of 2 and 4.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I just got Soul Silver yesterday and I've been playing it non-stop. Ah, I love the PokéWalker so much. It reminds me of my old Pokémon Pikachu. Nostalgia~

Oh yeah, just a heads up. The Pikachu-Colored Pichu wi-fi event will be ending soon, so if you have Pearl/Diamond, Platinum, don't forget to pick yours up. That Pichu unlocks a notch-eared Pichu is SS/HG.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The only reason I'm taking everyone's phone numbers is because sometimes they give you -really- good shit... like I got a Fire Stone from someone this morning. Though... I don't really care that you thought about going for that Pidgey, sorry Joeys :c
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I've been denying basically every number. Except the people who say things like "sometimes I find stuff and I'll give it to you!" How do you turn that down! Woo. My damn mom needs to stop calling, though. Thank you for the berries. Now hush.
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

My mom ingame is like my mother IRL. :(

POLL: WUT DID YOU NAME YOUR RIVAL?

I named my rival BOKCHOY for reasons that are still unclear to me.

But, upon reflection, he reminds me of a mollusk. Because of his head shape... what is this i don't even
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I named my rival Rival.

It makes me happy when the game calls him Rival Rival.

Rival Rival is gonna send out a pokemon! What will you do!
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Rival Rival, ha ha ha that is gold.

Rival BOKCHOY is about to send out that sonovabitch Meganium!

And you haven't healed at a Pokemon Centre for two hours!

And you don't have any super potions left because you are an imbecile!

What will you do!

(Answer: I cry.)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I named my rival Cero, for reasons that are also unclear to me. XD I guess it sounded cool at the time. He's really easy for me to beat, though, so I don't worry about him too much. Lance, however, is pissing me off. There's no point in healing/reviving my pokemon because he'll stomp them dead again. D8
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I named my rival Aaron. Which is one of the trainers from the bad fanfiction that I must someday write. I usually name rivals after my fanfic trainers. Though in SoulSilver whenever I start it I may end up naming him Dickface or Butthead, because he pisses me off more than any other rival xD
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Two dayyyyyys...

As a young teenager, I named my rival "Nigel". Mainly because of the assonance. 'Twas on a fine morning a trainer set out, with a Rivally Nigelly deedelly dee. Of course, it'd be out of the question to call him anything else now I'm going back.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

What will you do!
Ice fang the fucker. And hope it freezes to death. And then, lol.

My gold rival is Ron, and my silver rival is Guy. :)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I remember when I played Silver, it told me my rival was called ??? when I first ran into him, so when Elm asked me what his name was, I put in ???. Trufax. It was ages before I realised I was supposed to actually name him myself...