Glade Archan, Chelon, Ghostly, Popoko and Terracoon

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Glade Archan, Chelon, Ghostly, Popoko and Terracoon

Post by Seerow »

Wow, lotta Glade pets!

For what it is, the Archan is surprisingly good. It's still got that strange Archan proportions, but at least it's not drugged like Jessi said. All the butterflies and flowers being supersaturated make it a little hard to tell what is going on though. Still, it's the best Archan out there, so yay.

The Chelon is a species I've never been excited about, but this is cute. The gems and other detailing are wonderfully done and I like how it looks kinda mischievous.

The Ghostly is amazing for a Ghostly :D The spider web and spider fit the pet perfectly and blowing the dandelion is a really nice touch as well. If I was ever going to own a Ghostly, this would be it.

The Popoko is just adorable beyond words! Just look at the fluffy tail and sweet expression! It's just a lovely lovely pet. It does indeed match Fennel's personality perfectly Jessi!

I rather like the Terracoon as well. I know it's a "filler" species, but I've always had a soft spot for them anyway. I really like how super-hyper-excited he is about the butterfly, and the trail of dandelions down his back.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Oh wow, the Terracoon and Archan are pretty good!

And that's saying something when it comes to Archans. My only critique is the placement of the right front leg and the small head against a big body. But still, it's very lovely. The best Archan I've seen in forever.

The Terracoon is so funny and cute!! So innocent! I love seeing pets interact with the butterflies, by like playing with or batting at them. The pose is perfectly executed. I love the pretty lavender flower on it's ear. Rah's the Terracoon artist right? I must say, she's done a fantastic job with the species! I'd get one if i just had a character in mind. x.x

The other 3 don't do much for me cause I don't care for the species. The Popoko looks undershaded sadly. The Chelon...I don't understand why it's mouth is the way it is. It looks like something was stuffed in it's mouth. -shrugs- Chelons aren't really my kind of pet. The Ghostly is...eh, again, it's not my kind of pet either. It's cool that it blends in with the grass. But, I'm not sure I like the big yellow-orange flower on it's head; it's kind of distracting.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

I adore the Popoko! ;__; If I end up not liking the Spectrum one, I might get one of these! ♥
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

These are all amazing! The popoko is the most adorable thing EVAR. It looks so happy to be covered with flowers and crawling bugs. XD And that hummingbird! The whole thing is just so pretty. Maybe I'll potion Yumichica into one of these... Ya know, if I ever get the money...

And that terracoon is... the only terracoon I've ever liked? It's adorable, and I wouldn't mind having one, but, space constraints.

The other three, while very nice in their own right, kinda get outshined by the popoko and terracoon. But the archan is good for an archan (I've never really been that fond of them), the fishies on the chelon are cute, as is the spider on the ghostly.
orangebroccoli
Human Avatar: 200738

Post by orangebroccoli »

AHH. Terracoon is made of so much win!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the Popoko, but I've always seen Glade Pets as more of a part of their environment, and should be /interacting/ with it (which is why I love the Chai so hard).

That being said....

Archan: Solid, well done, but not spectacular. Do the mane lines look a bit too defined, if you know what I mean? Otherwise, I like it (especially the big flower on its tail).

Chelon: I've never found the Chelon to be spectacular or horrible for me, so this is just meh to me.

Ghostly: I love the little web and spider touches. But, please, next time, if you're going to indicate an action, please make it more defined. I had no clue what the Ghostly was doing and looked odd until I read some of the posts....The pose is....I dunno. It's just weird to me, but it might take a while to grow on me.

Popoko: AH. DOR. A. BLE. I love everything about it. But my vote goes to the Terracoon only because of the environment interaction.

Terracoon: OMFG. MUST. HAVE. NOW.

I mean now or I will implode. LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE.

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

And this is very odd coming from me since I tend to dislike Terracoons. ILY Rahbby. <3
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

*jaw drop*

....O_O. You guys have outdone yourselves: both with this batch, and the color. Haven't ceased to amaze me yet. You staff are also very evil, making me choose between Angelic and Glade popoko. I echo what everyone has said, and to add:

Popoko > Usul. Yes, you heard me....

The terracoon is so wonderfully posed. Something about the ghostly makes me want to get it too. I like how it seems transparently blending in with the ground as if it's a glade pet and a ghost.

Shit, I might have to change my avatar as the Popoko just shamed my username as well... :wink:

The question is, can I actually wait 16 days before I get another slot, or change someone now?! HURRY UP SEPT 29TH!!!
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 11 Sep 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

This Popoko is one of my favourite pets ever.
The others are 'meh', but that doesn't mean the art is gorgeous - I *love* it! But most of the pets here are 'meh' pets to me, though the Archan is nice. But that Popoko, omg, if I dislike the Glade Feli, that's what I'm getting :O *drools*.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
lar

Post by lar »

These archans are the besssst. *WANT*
Really, nothing to complain about, they're all so cute. The puffy cheeks on the ghostly weird me out a bit, but the adorable spider makes up for it.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

I really like the Popoko - if I had a personality, I'd definitely be scrambling to get another Glade Potion. The details on it, the colours, it just has this soft spring feel that I absolutely love.

The Terracoon is a close second, for me - the expression, the butterfly, the fluff on its back.. it all makes me very happy. Terracoons are really starting to grow on me!

I wish I liked the Chelon, because I love gems and fish and turtles, but it just doesn't click for me. Maybe it's the pose, maybe there are too many details, but instead of being OMGAWESOME it's just okay.

Neither the Ghostly or the Archan do anything for me, one way or the other - though usually I really dislike the Archan, and this one doesn't bug me. The roses are a really good touch.

All in all, a supremely good bunch of glade pets! Go artists! :D
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Who is responisble for this gorgeous popoko... *rambles*?!

Draiks? Usuls? What is this "neo-pets" you speak of?

I don't know if my heart stopped beating or the world stopped spinning, either way...I need to PM you and tell you how much I love you. I need an inhaler.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Looking at the Popoko and the Archan... I always assumed the archan was meant to be a large creature, but looking at that huge butterfly makes me think its the size of a bulldog. Which I guess would make sense because it somewhat has the body of one. And then the Popoko has a tiny hummingbird by it so it makes me think it's rather large!

My brain is so confused right now, lol.

I really love the popoko despite the brain confusion. I loooove the lil fishies around the chelon. I think the ghostly is cute blowing on the dandelion :D. The arm on the terracoon bugs me a little bit, but it looks so playful!
lastaria
Human Avatar: 471075

Post by lastaria »

I am in love with the Popoko. So, so much. The pose is great and seems very much in tune with the nature of the species. And the tail, it looks so fluffy and life like. What really gets me though is its expression. It just looks so happy and blissful that I want to give it a hug.

The rest are also very well done. I especially like the all of the little fish details on the Chelon. Also, both the Terracoon playing with the butterfly and the Ghostly blowing on the dandelion are very cute gestures. The roses seem to suit the Archan quite beautifully.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Click here for full size Popoko
Arbor does the Popoko, Usul. Clicking the link above will take you to her DA page with the full size version.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I'm still waiting on seeing other glade pets (Illumis, specifically), but the Popoko will probably be the one I'll get. It's gorgeous! Fantastic work.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Between the lack of an illumis artist and the implication in the news that these are the last glade pets to be released this year, you might be waiting a while, Mayhem. Of course, we could always end up surprised, too!
Image Image