Revamped Darkmatter Malticorn and Ruffie

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Revamped Darkmatter Malticorn and Ruffie

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
ImageImage

I really like the revamped Malticorn. The old pose was rather boring so I'm happy to see it replaced. For some reason, I think my favorite part of this is the tail, it just looks so soft! The "who me?" expression is nice as well.

I'm glad the Ruffie kept the same pose though and got a bit fiercer. The purple splotches really work well here.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mistress Morbid

Re: Revamped Darkmatter Malticorn and Ruffie

Post by Mistress Morbid »

The Malticorn is actually very beautiful (and infinitely better than the predecessor). I don't like that pet species at all, but this one looks so elegant and and pretty. :) It almost make me want one.

The Ruffie's a good revamp as well, I'm glad they kept the same pose with the little darkmatter in its mouth. Again, not a pet I care for, but a cute concept.
Image Image
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

I adore the revamped ruffie. I am so glad the pose was kept, because it was one of my favorites. I did like the lighter aura of the old one better, but it is stil a great revamp.

The malticorn is also very nice. I really like the pose and the tail. The only thing that bohers me is the darkmatter it's holding. Something just doesn't look right about the way the arm is.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

I really, really like the Malticorn. I've never been a huge fan of the species, but as the old ones are revamped, I'm starting to develop a soft spot for them. This one looks so soft and dark and regal and curious, it's quite lovely. The matter it's holding in its hoof does make the hoof look awkward - however, if you envision the hoof/arm without the matter laying on top of it, it makes more sense.

Maybe it's just me, but this Malticorn has almost a Demi feel to it - which isn't a bad thing at all, I love Demis.

The Ruffie is cute, though I'm not a particular fan of Ruffies. However, it's well done, and the drool all over the dark matter is amusing. I'm also glad the original pose/mood was kept.

Overall, a very good pair of pets!
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Eh, the Malticorn...It looks really flat. And I'm not sure I like the deer in the headlights or "Dah..." expression. I loathe the species; it's nothing against the artist.

The Ruffie is a solid revamp. Not that I like the species, but Rah's done a good job with them. My only nitpick is the toes on the right front leg. I think the old position was fine. Now it kind looks unnatural.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I love the Ruffie, but the Malticorn is kind of.. 'meh' to me. I love Malticorns, but I think they're very hard to get right, no offense to Rah ;). The art is beautiful, I just don't like it much.
edit; Actually, now that I look at the Malticorn again, I love it o_O; Very odd, but.. I think it's quite cute now, actually <3.
Last edited by ZomgethMew on 25 Sep 2009 02:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

These are both nice revamps. :D And, hey, that's one less pet with old art on the site (two if you're counting the ruffie, which I though was fairly nice anyway). The DM malticorn not being in the basic colorfill pose anymore is wonderful. It looks very surprised and adorable. And I'm glad the old pose was kept for the ruffie and just updated to match with the currant version. It's still just as cute as before, but now it looks suitable fluffy, too. :>