Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

adi_gallia wrote:I was bored, so basically I used this page and the soccer point system to work out which team is doing the best in the Altador Cup II at this moment in time. It's as accurate as I can guess, assuming the points for Yooyuball, Slushie and Noise are treated as equals to eachother and a Win is 3 points, a Draw is 1 point and a Lose is 0 points.

It's early days yet but Go Roo Island! ^^
The problem with that is that they've said that the points for the two side games won't be worth as much as the main game, although how much they're worth remains to be seen.

Yay Roo Island! *waves banner* I'm actually having a lot of fun with the Altador Cup this year, and I didn't really play much last year. Now, in a month, if I still feel that way remains to be seen.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

zebru wrote:What I really don't like is not being able to see my scores and again not knowing whether goal difference matters at all. And scores being sent in a blink of an eye (as opposed to the time it takes to submit a score in any regular neopets game) doesn't make it feel any better.
From the updated rules page - "Your contribution to your team's standings depends upon how well you play Yooyuball, with the calculation being based on the goal deficit for each game you play. If, for example, you send a winning score of 4 - 2, you will contribute 2 Yooyuball points to your team's daily score. If you send a winning score of 8 - 0, you will contribute 8 Yooyuball points to your team's daily score. Draws and losing scores are counted as zero Yooyuball points, so you definitely want to try to win."

Least that answers one of your questions...
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Illuen wrote:The problem with that is that they've said that the points for the two side games won't be worth as much as the main game, although how much they're worth remains to be seen.
Oh yeah, I just read that. Well, I'm still gonna keep it up to date for my personal record, I may make a win at Yooyuball worth 6 and a win at the other two 3, but that's probably going to be wrong too, but it's as accurate as I can make without reading TNT's minds.

I should play a bit more, but I'm not that good.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Illuen wrote:The problem with that is that they've said that the points for the two side games won't be worth as much as the main game, although how much they're worth remains to be seen.
I'm hoping that, if we stick with the football analogy, the side games will be worth 2 points for a win. So it'd be 3 for a Yooyuball win, 2 for a supporter win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. Maybe 0.5 for a supporter draw.

Given how ill the noise game makes me feel (tension across my shoulders/neck) I'm really hoping that at least it's contributing something vaguely useful pointswise ;0)
varii

Post by varii »

So, did Make Some Noise change for anyone else? I've managed to increase my score to an average of 6k but it's weird that they changed it so you can actually score more points.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

varii wrote:So, did Make Some Noise change for anyone else? I've managed to increase my score to an average of 6k but it's weird that they changed it so you can actually score more points.
Not me. I bumped my score to a whopping 3100. I think I'm just really bad at that game, though.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

If you can get strange numbers like 1268 points for the side games... how can we ever have a draw?

Surely two teams don't end up with the exact same amount of points?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Marah wrote:If you can get strange numbers like 1268 points for the side games... how can we ever have a draw?

Surely two teams don't end up with the exact same amount of points?
That's what I thought, it seems almost impossible that even the same amount of the side games were played by each team, let alone the exact points scored, but apparently some draws did happen. :shock:
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

Maybe draws had to be within a certain point range to each other? Although I don't really suppose that's actually fair...

Does anyone have any tips for Slushie Slinger? I really like this game but can't seem to get more than 500 points per try. I keep making really silly mistakes too.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

with the noise game, I can get 9500 :s

my team, maraqua, managed a solid lose in actual yooyoball, but we won both the minigames so hopefully that means we arent doing too badly :D
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I've played six games now and lost them all. I hate this game.
LΟL
Armi

Post by Armi »

Oy...Tyrannian is not doing so hot to begin with. I feel stupid that I missed kick off yesterday, so I'm trying to make it up today, but Make Some Noise is killing my fingers. :( Slushie is fun, even If I'm not that great at it.

Least I can still play the real game, but I hate that Darigan ball...and faerie is still the worse ball created.
I do like how TNT lets you see the real scored of the point this year. Last year it was always the same person.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Armi wrote: Least I can still play the real game, but I hate that Darigan ball...and faerie is still the worse ball created.
I do like how TNT lets you see the real scored of the point this year. Last year it was always the same person.
Huh. I thought it was random or something. :-)

How is everyone getting such great scores at Make Some Noise? About 2000 is the best I could do last night, and here at work I can't even come close to that that.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I just got my best result, 7-2. Watch out Brightvale you're gonna lose.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Krawk Island, Darigan Citadel and Roo Island seem to be at the top of the scoreboard currently! What will happen today?
Woo! Top three! :mrgreen: I'm a bit surprised to see Krawk Island up there, but I guess I shouldn't be, given they were within the top four teams last year.

(I guess that means Meridell is in fourth right now, if I'm looking at the table correctly....)